Help with Looping though the config?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by timlacafe, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

timlacafe

Hello i am using bukkit 1.7.2, my plugin hase it when the player types a command it set the location of the block and the name of what they named the block(the command is like this /setblock <groupname> <blockname>) in the config so later the plugin can acccess the config and find out where the block is. What i am doing is checking when the player moves if the block around them is the block in the config, but i am having troubles because i do not know how many blocks the user will add and what names they will add to the block location here is an exaple of what the config may look like:

Code:
    WorldName:

groupname:

block1:

x: 127

y: 30

z: 542

block2:

x: 608

y: -50

z: 430

groupname2:

test10:

x: 1000

y: 36

z: 324

test20:

x: 890

y: 32

z: 30
    in general what i am trying to do is access the config an loop though all the diferent block names and get their position and compare it to where the player is, how can i do this? please let me know if this does not make sense. Thank you for any help.

2. Offline

Totom3

timlacafe You can get all the values of a ConfigurationSection with getValues(false). To get the ConfigurationSection, you do config.getConfigurationSection(path);

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.