Help with FOV

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Masterflapdrol, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Masterflapdrol

Hi all. Im making a sonic the hedgehog world in my server.
    Players that join in it get a potion effect of level 9
    the only thing that kind of ruins it is that players get a big bunch of FOV.
    witch makes them unable to see anything and curves are hard to make because your complete screen kinda blurs out.
    is there a way that you can disable/lower the FOV of speed potions?
    I don't mind if i need a mod to do it.
    Thanks!

2. Offline

zipron

Think this is a client side effect which means modding

3. Offline

Masterflapdrol

do you know a way?
    it shouldn't be! i don't mean to disable FOV in general. i mean to disable FOV in a speed potion. that could be done bukkit-wise. on the moment someone gets a potion. bukkit does the potion and the effect on the player however. the client shows what it sends. (i think) isn't there a way to make bukkit not send a FOV effect with potions? (i do not know how to make plugins trough)

4. Offline

zipron

Done some research in the javadocs, I really think the FOV change comes with the kind of potion you drink: sprint = faster running + FOV change, and there is no way to change this using a plugin, the only thing bukkit does is saying "this player has this buff(s)". But because it's changing a kind of visual setting, I do think you can mod your client (or ask someone to do it)

zip

[edit]
    as you can see here: http://jd.bukkit.org/apidocs/org/bukkit/potion/PotionEffectType.html
    there is not FOV potion effect

5. Offline

Masterflapdrol

yup, do you know how to disable this with a client side mod? if so: could i have the class? that would be so epic :) ill credit you trough :) (EDIT not that IM going to post it that would be misusing your rights, i would never do that. i mean that i say to everyone that i send it to: hey check out zipron's plugin he's epic.)

6. Offline

zipron

I actually never modded the client, only wrote bukkit plugins so I'm afraid I won't be able to help you =( I'm sure there are some guys at the minecraft forums who will though =D

zip

7. Offline

Masterflapdrol

Do you know someone? i get ignored on forums like 80% of the time :( thanks for the help trough! :)

8. Offline

zipron

Hmm don't know anyone, maybe some plugin developers can also write mods for MC, however I can't. But I don't think it's a lot to mod: just cancel the adjustment of the FOV when receiving a sprint buff, however I have no idea how to implement it. Maybe you could check out the spout forums (they are the bridge between mods and bukkit =D)

zip

oh btw, are you dutch? I just noticed you're called "flapdrol" xD if you are:

veel succes met je mod ;-)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
    Masterflapdrol likes this.
  9. Offline

Masterflapdrol

Kijk hier es naar :) http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/651146-100-blanels-fov-mod/ alleen outdated ;( ja ik ben nederlands :) goed geraden(niet moeilijk) ik heb nog een stilgelegd plugin project! geïnteresseerd? :p zal wel cool zijn als iemand mij kan helpen :D

10. Offline

zipron

Heb nog een week examens, daarna moet ik twee site's afwerken en daarna twee plugins, in september ga ik werken dus vrees niet dat er tijd is voor veel co-projecten, sorry =)

maar vraag de maker van de mod of hij update?

zip

11. Offline

obnoxint

Masterflapdrol
    zipron

Congratulations, you just locked out almost everyone else from this discussion.

S.L.P.Major likes this.
  12. Offline

zipron

The discussion was already finished in english...

13. Offline

Masterflapdrol

Sorry about that. back to topic, right? I'm sorry bro
    The only thing we said was: good luck with searching for a mod. a project. are you interested. look at this a mod. but outdated. ask him if he wants to update it.
    thats it.

14. Offline

FTWin01Gurl

This would be accomplished by Spout. I haven't looked into yet, but I think that it's possible.

15. Offline

Masterflapdrol

I'd prefer to have it as an mod now it is not possible with a plugin. nobody has spout right?

16. Offline

zipron

not eveyone no

17. Offline

Masterflapdrol

You've got a point bro. can you port spout plugins to mods? :) or is that pretty hard. it wonld be the best if we could have both trough

18. Offline

zipron

also never coded a spout plugin xD but still think a mod is better

19. Offline

Masterflapdrol

me 2

20. Offline

TheNoobWar

This is only available via client side, Bukkit has no enchanting API I believe so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.