Help On Learning Java

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by thatdubstepgamer, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello my name is thatdubstepgamer and im new to java programming. Ive watched all of thenewbostons videos on it and got alot of info but I can still not make a complex plugin really like all i can do is the basic stuff. So if you guys could give me a pointer on where to go next that would be great and maybe share your story on how you learned java.

2. Offline

Aengo

I would really suggest watching some Bukkit tutorials for it, so that you can learn the Bukkit API, also have a look at the Java Docs of it to learn some things.

3. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

The best way to learn how to make plugins is just to play around with it. If you watched all of Bucky's tutorials, you shouldn't have an issue with any compiling.

4. Offline

Ghilliedrone

Try making basic on-command plugins that utilize things you have learned to see their real life applications. Then move on to listeners and scheduling.

5. Offline

PreFiXAUT

I'm also doing this. Just experiment, and when you get Errors try to google them, search for etc. and when you realy don't know how to fix, post it in here :)
    And, you don't realy have to learn allot about Java, because Bukkit is made in Java, but it's it own thing. When you know all about Java, you will still have to learn for Bukkit (may faster, but you still have to learn it)

6. Can someone link me to a place to learn Bukkit api?

7. Offline

PreFiXAUT

thatdubstepgamer
    Just search Bukkit tutorial on YT.
    When you speak/understand German, take a look on PostCrafter, he does very good Tutorials.
    Otherwise, I don't know any English Tutorial sry :/

8. Can maybe one of you help me? Skype = nextgeneration2012

Can maybe one of you help me? Skype = nextgeneration2012

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  9. Offline

xTrollxDudex

thatdubstepgamer
    Read up on the plugin tutorial on the bukkit wiki and the javadocs

10. WOW REALLY I UNDERSTAND THAT MUCH OF CODE....

11. Offline

xTrollxDudex

thatdubstepgamer
    Try to limit the caps, and that's my sig, so just ignore it

12. Offline

moe097

Watch this:
    Also watch the rest of the episodes.

13. I already watched them

14. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Thread Status: