Help, not getting much donations :(

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Gladius_Crafter, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

t3hd0n

I found it a little annoying that the perk level details and the purchase area were so separated. I felt like I was doing work that should have been handed to me.

the bonuses to your skyblock server seems a little counter-intuitive. Personally I wouldn't want any of that stuff playing a skyblock map. Its very possible the perks for your main server are experiencing the same problem; people just aren't interested in what you are offering.

For your players who are donating, are they purchasing perk levels or getting things separately? Additionally, are you aware of what your players enjoy about your server? Why are they on your server instead of elsewhere? In order to sell you have to offer things that make the time on your server more enjoyable and not just easier.

2. Offline

Gladius_Crafter

I've recently fixed the donation system by making users more aware of our donation store, as well as making the system easier to use. Yes, if someone purchases premium, they will receive all the features from VIP. I offer a heck a lot for what uses pay. I offer perks for all the worlds, so if you buy VIP, it's like your buying 2 ranks on 2 servers, due to our multiple worlds, thanks for the suggestion!

3. Offline

Mausterio

I bought mine-list.net and im just going to sit on it. I was planning on making a listing website, but I got hired by a Government Facility to make them a website... and ya. My time is pretty limited between my server and my job.

4. Offline

sverre26

i have never got any donations and my server have 70000 players

5. Offline

Gladius_Crafter

6. Offline

Tiel

That's a really interesting conundrum. How do you inform users of your desire for donations without coming off as needy or annoying? I had a server about 2 years ago and in its entire lifetime of 7 or so months I received a grand total of two contributions, likely because I just had a paypal button on the site but never advertised on the server itself.

However, in all the servers I've played since the prospect of admins spamming DONATE PLS DONATE PLS DONATE PLS has always encouraged me to do the exact opposite and high tail out. I think the best solution would be to build up a steady userbase, and by extension a stream of unique users to your site, then register for an Adsense account, that way at least some of the cost will be subsidized each month even without donations. Donations themselves should be for caveats; fun stuff that won't ruin gameplay for everyone else. There are plenty of plugins for this. Lastly, while a reminder of the perks doesn't hurt, perhaps a sign at spawn or two, constant spamming the server just makes you out to be desperate. Nobody wants to give their money to a desperate server.

Adriani6 likes this.
  7. Offline

bobacadodl

seems legit.

realiez, MrBluebear3, chakyl and 2 others like this.
  8. Offline

Stevensaurus

The real trick is having your players be AWARE that they can donate for benefits, but don't try and shove it down their throats.

What I do is use an automatic announcer, and have it say "Donate for ranks! /donate" every 10 minutes, as well as have a building at spawn that contains all of the rank benefits and a tutorial on donating.

9. Offline

rtainc

I used to get ~30 players on all day, and I got $0 in donations since 2010.

10. Offline

RingOfStorms

@Gladius_Crafter

I would simplify the donation process a bit. It seems like you have all these tabs and so much stuff to donate for. if it is all separate you should combine perks into a few packages, and possibly up the price if needed. But the fact I have to click on a bunch of tabs and put my name and all this other stuff to donate just makes me not want to. Get a nice page with all the ranks on it and a display of their perks. GodWorld does a great job with this, so check them out for an example.

11. Offline

Tiel

Wow, that's pretty sexy for an Enjin site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.