[HELP]multiple multi-worlds

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by caspicasso, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Offline

caspicasso

I got a prob, i have CraftBukkit with Permissions, Essentials and Stargate.

now i want to have multiple worlds.

i got a world and a nether folder, and both work fine in teleporting

now i wanna add another world, how do i do this?
    is there an WorldManager plugin or something

or just some basic YAML i forgot?

2. Offline

saturnine_nl

Multiworlds are an advanced topic to handle in bukkit. It's a little bit tricky to set up.
    But once you understand the principles it is just as easy as a normal setup.

1) how do i get more then 1 world ?

you can do this on multiple ways, but the way i did it was the following.

- open server.properties in your main bukkit folder and change the levelname to the name of the world you wish to create.

- Start your server. Your server detects a new level and will create a new world. Ignore any errors given by the new startup, you only want a new world, after it's finished. stop your server

- open minecraft in singleplayer and start a new world with an interesting seed (many examples to be found on the internet) I used 404 as seed. once this world is created exit minecraft.

- goto your minecraft saves folder and find the folder of the newly created world. copy the regionfiles and the level.dat, paste those files in the multiplayer worldfolder you just created, overwriting the onces you've just created.

2) how to setup permissions with multiworlds

- go to your permissions folder inside plugins. there should be one world.yml file, copy and paste this file into the same folder, it should make a copy of world.yml file, rename this file to the new worldname you have just created.

-start your server and you'll begin on the newly created world with the same permissions and privileges as your other world.

- if you have the essential core running add the following rule to your permission file. this rule must be added to the group you belong to, except if your adminmember and have a - '*' to your disposal.

- 'essentials.world'

this gives you the /world command so you can warp between 2 or more worlds. if you have 2 worlds, /world 0 warps you to the start world, world 1 warps you to the other world.

these are the basics to setup your multiworlds

Good luck

Saturnine

3. Offline

WindedDragon

I tried this and it's only loading the one world.

4. Offline

trewqy159

did u go /world

5. Offline

Darknebula123

Im having the same problem and yes i did /world 1 and it says Invalid World