Hello There...plugins...

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by OPPDelta, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

OPPDelta

Hey everyone! OPP here...Been around since the first releases of hm0d. Started really studying Java a couple months ago and know a good basics of it.

Bukkit seems like a nice settled place to start playing around.

So...after browsing around. I've noticed a few trade plugins. But in my opinion. (Although good in their own ways) I don't see them as "Safe Trade" and rely on trust between the traders.

Sooo for my first plugin. As a starting ground I was thinking of creating a "Safe Trade" system with signs.

The concept being:

T = Trader
    H = Trade Sign/Hub..thing..

So an admin will set up a place for people to trade (Markets maybe?) They will place a sign which will act as a safe hub for traders.

Now, the process is. The two traders make their agreement on what they want to trade. But there's still that trust issue if one might run off with the others stuff etc...

So. The traders, using signs. Write:

1: Item Name/ID
    2: Amount

And 1T places a sign to the left of the hub. The other writes out their side of the agreement on another sign to the right of the main hub sign.

"|T1|H|T2"

This allows them to review the trade before confirming it. Once they agree. They both have to right click the hub sign and the trade is complete. The items are taken from their inventory and traded over etc...

Soo...safe trades...no commands for the traders. Easy to use. Simple as place a sign and right click...no more scams!

2. Offline

Binder News

The problem is that you might be carrying too much stuff, and wouldn't have enough room for a sign.

3. Offline

darknesschaos

Mine should be scam proof (when I get iConomy to agree with it)

4. Offline

retsrif

Though if he can detect who edits a sign, they wouldn't need to carry a sign, as they can just edit a pre-placed one.

5. Offline

OPPDelta

Maybe. One of the traders right clicks the hub and it automatically places a sign next to it.

If not. It temporarily replaces their first quick bar slot. Once the sign is placed they get their mats back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.