Health Tag

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by abmenzel, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Offline

abmenzel

Hello!

So, what this plugin would do is basically display "(amount) Health" under the players name tag above their character. EXAMPLE: under player1 it says 20 Health when player2 hits player1 it says 18Health because player1 lost 1 heart.

I have seen this on other servers so it should be possible, i've been looking for it around here on bukkit but i've been unable to find it.

I have no idea if this is an easy or hard task , but I would really like this on my server it would change the pvp experience alot :D

Thanks in advance
    -abmenzel

2. Offline

rodney12345

Great idea! I would LOVE to have this on my server! :D

3. Offline

skipperguy12

Love this idea. Coding it now.

Done!
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/healthdisplay/

Download link if you don't want to wait for my plugin to be approved:

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  4. Offline

DemmyDemon

5. Offline

skipperguy12

DemmyDemon
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Bettah?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2016
  6. Offline

DemmyDemon

[quote uid=90691765 name="skipperguy12" post=1592599]DemmyDemon
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Bettah?[/quote]
    Very much so, thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2016
  7. Offline

abmenzel

Thats just perfect skipperguy just what I was looking for :)

Thank you!

Ok this is a pretty big problem with the plugin, whenever a player relogs on the server while this plugin is on they crash, with "ticking screen" error. Something you are able to fix?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  8. Offline

xTyuzi

I'd like to know if you can customize it a bit?

Like place the health under their name and removing it from the TAB list?

9. Offline

WizKhalifa

10. Offline

skipperguy12

WizKhalifa

Working on making it UNDER your name. This will not affect the tablist. :)

11. Offline

Scyntrus

I'm actually trying to figure out how to do this with mobs.

12. Offline

Codisimus

Why can't you just wait till Bukkit updates to 1.5, then you won't need a mod to do this.

13. Offline

CreeperShift

Why can't you just let people do it now ._.

14. Offline

Codisimus

Just seems like a waste of resources, plus it will break whenever CraftBukkit updates to a new version

15. Offline

CreeperShift

So you want people to be lazy and sit still until it works out of the box instead of letting the human nature of trying out new things inspire us to figure it out on our own?

Besides, it wont break every Craftbukkit build and 1.6 is still a long way.

It just seems pointless to go into a thread and basically tell people: "Don't do it, I have no use for it because I can wait the week before it works out of the box. Therefore everyone else should wait too."

16. Offline

Codisimus

CreeperShift

I just wanted to let people know that this is in Vanilla minecraft bc it seems like they don't realize that.

Also it accesses NMS so it will break.

skipperguy12 Just wondering, why do you only watch for Entity damage by entity? seems like you would want your health updated when being hurt by fire or fall damage etc. Also you cast b4 checking, this plugin will crash whenever a mob attacks anything.

17. Offline

CreeperShift

Sure it will break, but not tomorrow and probably not the coming week. It wont break every hour so why not let people try. Besides, this lets people do way more than what vanilla MC intends, it's just one step into the right direction ;)

18. Offline

Codisimus

it is already broken with the latest CraftBukkit build...

19. Offline

CreeperShift

Are we talking broken broken where a complete rewrite is necessary or a matter of changing 1 letter? ...

Even if I would have to fix my plugin every hour, people on my server appreciate it that I'm already using scoreboards and health tags, besides I don't update every dev build.

Btw, why bother checking whether it's broken or not if you think it's a waste of resources and time? Seems fishy to me.

20. Offline

Codisimus

It is broken in both ways.

I am writing one that will actually utilize the health scoreboard (to not waste resources). I will post the code here and someone can keep it updated if they wish. You have a good point that it is nice to be one of the first to be using this new feature.

21. Offline

CreeperShift

Well, you know how MineCraft users are. In some way they are like little children at christmas.

Ever tried telling them to wait until after dinner, when all the presents are already under the tree? They will get mad and want to open them right away.

Same thing with new features, so many people jump on ur throat if you don't move with the flow fast enough :p

22. Offline

Codisimus

Very true, looks like CraftBukkit does not have the default objectives yet. So my way will not work.

23. Offline

skipperguy12

Codisimus

The scoreboard feature does not implement health tags. It's not a waste of resources, and it's not my fault. What section are we in? Plugin requests. What do developers do here? We reply to requests by saying it's impossible, or doing it, as I have done here.

24. Offline

CreeperShift

Uhm, it does. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Scoreboard
    You can set health to be displayed below your nameplate :3

25. Offline

skipperguy12

CreeperShift
    Woah. That's cool. I'll TRY to update the plugin to do that

26. Offline

WizKhalifa

I hate to barge in on this discussion, but did anyone find a plugin that did this? :)

27. Offline

CreeperShift

Wait, that's not how you did it? oO

I was under the impression you used that :p Did you just edit the prefix/suffix? :DD

What? Too much swag to read? ...

No comment.

skipperguy12 likes this.
  28. Offline

skipperguy12

CreeperShift likes this.
  29. Offline

Codisimus

CreeperShift
    skipperguy12

Minecraft has health as an objective for the new scoreboard. Unfortunately, Bukkit does not yet support the health feature. If it did then the plugin that skipper created would use unnecessary resources. Until Bukkit fully implements the scoreboard from vanilla, skipper's plugin is the only method of having a health tag.

30. Offline

skipperguy12

Codisimus
    They have implemented half-deobfuscated code for dev build for 1.5.1. They added ScoreboardCriteria, and broke everything. Rewriting the whole thing right now, but it's almost impossible because it's not in JavaDocs.