Having trouble getting my initial development environment up.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Raufle, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Raufle

Hey guys I am trying to set up my bukkit environment in Eclipse . I realized that all the code templates i found seem to be out of date and the videos are as well. Every thing i try i end up getting an InvalidPluginException when i put it into my craftbukkit plugin folder. Is there an up to date template I can use?

Thanks,
    Raufle

2. Offline

Edward Hand

If you post your code here we can probably tell you what the problem is.

A few things to check for:
    1. Make sure you are not using com.bukkit or org.bukkit or anything.bukkit as the start of your namespace
    2. Make sure you have a plugin.yml file correctly formatted in the correct place
    3. Make sure you do not have a constructor function in your JavaPlugin class.

3. Offline

Raufle

ok I removed the Constructor and no errors but still have the InvalidPluginException. HEre is my yml

Code:
    name: RSample

main: Raufle:RSample.RSample

version: 0.1

4. Offline

Edward Hand

YAML is incredibly fussy about formatting. Try removing those blank lines.

5. Offline

eltorqiro

^ won't work with that colon there, either... the main property is the fully qualified classname that the pluginloader will try to load (the one that extends JavaPlugin)... yes you can call this anything, but the format will always be:

main: <packagename>.<classname>

So for most folks who are using a conventional packagename, it will look something like:

main: com.raufle.myspecialplugin.MySpecialPlugin

6. Offline

Edward Hand

Oh I missed that!
    Well spotted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.