Having Read Timed Out/Connection Reset errors, CONSTANLY

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ClichedBluefish, Dec 5, 2011.

?

Are you getting Read Timed Out/Connection Reset Errors?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ClichedBluefish

The problem may be different for all of us. It's just a matter of finding it, or trying other people's solutions.

2. Offline

foxwillow

really? i know a million people ask what permissions they should use, but permissions seemed to be the best one to go with my plugins.

... dammit.

you sure? pretty sure it's going to be a bitch since most things dont seem to have support for certain perms. derp derp derppppp :/

this will also be worth a go...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  3. Offline

karsten1994

I disabled Worldguard and that seemed to fix my problems weird :S

4. Offline

ClichedBluefish

See, I told you the problem may be different for all of us. I still get the Read Time Out errors occasionally but not as often, but I don't use WorldGuard, I use Regios...

5. Offline

karsten1994

It's fixed it seems that Permissions 3 make the server crash with some plugins like Worldguard and Worldedit i changed Permissions 3 to PermissionsEX and it's fixed :D i also can use Worldguard and Worldedit again ;)

6. Offline

mirroronthewall

*sigh*, i've literally tried everything that is suggested at this page, even backdated to cb #1471, and it still crashes. Granted, it crashed about once every 15 minutes on the rb, way less often on #1471. I've tried seperately to remove every single plugin on my server, and everytime, it still crashes.

CB: 1471/1597
    Plugins:
    AutoMessage
    Backup
    bColoredChat
    ChangeDat
    ChestShop
    dynmap
    Essentials
    EssentialsSpawn
    iChat
    iConomy
    LWC
    mcMMO
    MobDisguise
    MyWarp
    NoLagg
    p2aliases
    Permissions 3.1.6
    PermissionsPlus
    Ptweaks
    SignColours0.3
    SimpleSpleef
    VanishNoPickup
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

Please somebody help! My players, admins, and myself are getting really frustrated trying to fix this problem!

7. Offline

pudd1nG

If you want more stability, enable in essentials the reclaim memory on logout. This creates a small lag when people logout, but will allow your server to run at a more stable resources usage, and hopefully not readOut like we all experience rather often. Personally I'm fine with restarting every few hours. It keeps everything running smoothly.

8. Offline

ClichedBluefish

I upgraded all my server stats. Now running with 6 GB of RAM, 45 MBPS download speed and 20 MBPS upload, no longer having any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.