Hash Warp

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by kirbsrob, Mar 14, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kirbsrob

Plugin category: Teleportation

Minecraft version: 1.19.x

Suggested name: HashWarp, HWarp, or whatever better name you can think of

What I want: I want a plugin that converts input text from /warp into coordinates using an algorithm.

For example, /warp myhouse will be converted into pseudorandom X and Z coordinates and the warp will always go to the same coordinates.
    Y-axis should be ignored and should spawn players on the highest surface like normal spawning

There is no /setwarp command, but perhaps if possible, it would be cool if coordinates could be reverse-engineered with a command like /getwarp and have the option of converting the seed to an integer or a string. Teleportations should be rounded to the nearest .5, such was X 100.5 or Z -400.5

Here's what I imagine the configuration to look like:

world1:
    ##configuration for world1

warp-radius: 29999984
    ##any number 0 to 29999984, all possible warps should still work, ideally, the warps should be re-scaled if this value is changed, so reduce the radius

warp-seed: -9223372036854775808
    ##any integer or string, used to convert text into coordinates

world1_nether:
    warp-radius: 3749998
    warp-seed: -9223372036854775808

world1_end:
    warp-radius: 29999984
    warp-seed: 12345

##/warp command will be disabled for dimensions/worlds not included in the config

Ideas for commands:
    /warp <text>
    /getwarp

Ideas for permissions:
    hwarp.warp, allowed by default
    hwarp.getwarp

When I'd like it by: A few weeks at the latest

2. Offline

Jonnyfant

Hi,
    One thing that is really important to understand: Hashes are irreversible by design. I made something that functions identical to players. Whenever a new warp location is used, I generate a random location and save it to a file. Afterwards you can always warp back to that location.
    https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/bukkit-plugins/hashwarp (Should come online soon)
    https://github.com/JonathanHoffmann/BukkitHashWarp (If you cannot read code, don't trust random strangers on the internet. Build it off GitHub or wait for the verified curseforge link.)

Hope this is kindof what you where looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.