Harry-Potter Themed Class Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Serpentella, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Serpentella

Hello! I have been looking everywhere on the internet for a Harry-Potter themed class plugin that fits my needs, but I have not found anything that I can use. I'm looking for a plugin with the following commands and criteria:
    Version: 1.12.2
    Name: PotterRealm Classes
    Commands: I've thought this out long and hard, so excuse some lengthy lists...
    class.create ~ /class create (subject) (maximum amount of students) - creates a class
    class.begin ~ /class begin - begins the current class; allows students to join
    class.end ~ /class end - ends the current class
    class.sendjoin ~ /class sendjoin - broadcasts the "Join" link for class
    class.chat ~ /class chat - changes chat for class to "Class"
    class.setspawn ~ /class setspawn - sets the spawn for the upcoming class
    class.setprofessor ~ /class setprofessor (IGN) - sets the Professor for the class
    class.sethelper ~ /class sethelper (IGN) - sets a Class Helper for the class
    class.togglechat ~ /class togglechat - toggles the students' ability to chat; turns on and off
    class.togglerh ~ /class togglerh - toggles the students' ability to do /rh; turns on and off
    class.addplayer ~ /class addplayer (IGN) - adds a student to a class
    class.handout ~ /class handout - hands out the item currently in your hand to the entire class
    class.kick ~ /class kick (IGN) - kicks a player from class
    class.seeturnin ~ /class seeturnin - looks at all items & assignments turned in
    class.grade ~ /class grade (grade) (amount of CC) (IGN) - grades the current item in your hand
    class.togglemagic ~ /class togglemagic - toggles the ability to use wands and other magical items; turns on and off
    class.leave ~ /class leave - leaves the current class
    class.rh ~ /rh - raises your hand
    class.turnin ~ /turnin - opens a chest menu where you can put items in; viewed by those with permission: /class seeturnin
    Messages for Commands in Chat
    /class sendjoin: "&bProfessor &7has started a &9Subject &7class. &8JOIN CLASS&7.
    private message, viewed by command sender /rh: "&3&oYou have raised your hand."
    public message, viewed in class chat /rh: "&7Student &3has raised their hand.
    public message, viewed in class chat /class togglemagic: "&9Magic has been enabled in this class.
    When a student joins: "&7Student &3has joined the class."

When I'd Like it By: If possible, the end of this month. If that isn't possible, then soon after.

Thank you so much! I'd really appreciate a class chat to be added to this if possible. If not, then I'd understand, it is a lot on its own.

~Serpentella

2. It's an interesting idea. I'll give it a go, although I won't be promising anything just yet.

Also, do you have any preferences as in what types of classes can be created? If so, please give me a list, so I can make it possible to only create those certain types of classes, and maybe make them a bit different from each other.

I'll try to do something like this:
    You will setup a 'classroom' with a designated area, and a custom amount of seats for that classroom. I'll attempt to make those seats actually work, but I'll have to look into that a bit more first.

Each classroom will have a spawn point and a leave point. The spawn point is where students will be teleported to when they join a class that is being hold in that classroom, and where the professor will also be teleported to once he or she has started a class in that classroom. The leave point is where the professor and students will be teleported to when the class ends. Each classroom will also have a maximum amount of students that can be in there, but that will be equal to the amount of seats there are in that classroom.

Then you'll have the classes themselves. You'll create them by using a command that will require a name (or a Subject, if you send that list I talked about earlier) and a classroom that is ready for use. Each class will have a list of students (tell me if you want them to have a maximum, or if you want to define the maximum for each class upon creation), a professor and a helper. It will also have a list of items that will be used for the turn in function.

I'll make classrooms things that will be saved in a file, so you won't need to constantly re-setup a classroom after a reboot or anything like that. Classes, however, will not be saved. I don't think you need to.

As for grading, I can do that, but you'll have to tell me if you want those grades to be saved somewhere for each student. If you want that, it'll take some more time to make the plugin however, and it might make the plugin a bit more heavy to use on your server.

However, the /class togglemagic I can make, but you will need a different plugin for actual working wands. Making such a think would take pretty long. I hope you understand that. I plan to make the command that it will not allow usage of/interacting with an item with a certain displayname , which you will eventually be able to define in the plugin's config. Maybe I can integrate my plugin with an actual Harry Potter plugin with spells etc., as long as you provide me with one.

Also, what should a Helper be able to do? Should it be able to do roughly the same as what a Professor can do? Please give me more information about this.

The deadline of one month is something I'll probably be able to do. I'll give you updates from time to time about the progress.

EDIT: I'm fairly close to finishing the plugin. But if you could still give me the information I asked about above, then I can fully finish the plugin.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  3. If you're reading this, please reply. It's been quite a while since I posted my reply. I'll need feedback to finish your plugin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.