Harry Potter Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by LazerJohnny, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LazerJohnny

Category: Fun / Role Playing

Version: 1.11 / 1.12 (as it's coming out soon)

Suggested Name: McHogwarts or HogwartsMc

Status: (As of February 22, 2017) No one is currently working on this Plugin

Some things I am looking for
    - If someone talks, they speak to everyone in a determined radius only (If Snorus spell is cast, it increases the radius)

- Ability to start a class and tell what and where that class is with commands

- /rh - raises hand so the proffesor can call on you

- nicknames so people can change their names

- sorting hat - a pre-determined location that, when walked into, the person will be randomly sorted into one of the four houses in Harry Potter and their nametag's color will be changed respectively. The sorting hat will speak to just the person in the area telling that person their traits until broadcasting it to a large radius around it.

- Wands - can be given using commands that customize the wand wood, core, and length. If you right-click, it casts the spell in the direction you are looking at. If you shift+right-click, it cycles through the spells that you have been taught.

- Customization Spells - can be taught and untaught with commands - have as many spells true to Harry Potter as possible please.
    (Some basic ones [Avada Kadavra, Stupify, Wingardium Leviosa etc.] and explanations on how they work, if I have a template I can make other ones)

- Flying Brooms - Can be summoned in with commands that set the speed of the broom and the name
    I have seen it before but I can't find one for 1.11. you can ride the broom by right clicking it, press shift to get off when on the ground, when in the air, shift slows down the broom just to eventually stop it (if this can't be done, keep shift as get off and set the back movement button [Default S] the slow), other than that, you move the way you look and hold space to go up..

- Quidditch -
    Ability to set boundaries of Quidditch game, if any of the balls hit the boundaries of the arena, they just bounce off of them back into the game. Also ability to set a vertical 3x3 area as hoop for certain team, exaple: /sethoop gryffindor. And a remove hoop command as well
    - Snitch (1) - An invisible bat with an ender eye on it's head
    The snitch should have fast, random movements that, when killed, broadcasts that the snitch has been caught and gives the player who killed it the Snitch (an ender eye named Golden Snitch)
    - Quaffle (1) - A red ball that can be thrown if someone right-clicks with it in their hand and follows gravity. If someone touches it, they get it in their inventory. If someone runs into the person with the Quaffle, there is a chance that the person takes the Quaffle. If this gets thrown through the hoop, it broadcasts that: [team] has been scored on! [Team] depends on what you set the hoop as
    - Bludger (2) - Flying iron blocks that can be hit by a beater bat (blaze rod), if hit, the bludger flies away in the direction that it was hit. If the bludger touches someone, it gives the person slowness, blindness and nausea with a slim chance to knock the person it hits off of their broom

- Herbology - Adds the magical plants from Harry Potter with their various effects. [Example: When right clicked, Gillyweed is eaten, it gives half a hunger bar and gives the user 5 minutes of night vision water breating and depth strider boots.] More plants like that along with some that don't have effects but can be used in potion making. (All the herbs actually are, are named/tagged vanilla plants)

- Potions - Ability to right-click cauldrons to access an inventory where you can put ingredients into to make potions from the series. The ingredients can be herbs from the HP series or actual vanilla minecraft materials.
    The ingredients have to be inputted in a certain order in certain amounts or the potion explodes (doesn't destroy blocks)

- Divination - "The gift of sight" Can be given to certain people using commands. If someone has this, when looking into a flower pot or a light gray stained glass block, they have a chance to be given items or effects, good or bad.

- Magical Creatures - Some of the Magical creatures from Harry Potter in game. These are the same as old mobs but have new abilities, such as: hippogriffs can fly but only allow you to ride them if you shift in front of them for a certain amount of time, other than that, they hurt you. Along with some other creatures from the series. Another example: Bogarts turn into a random hostile mob when looking at a player, when a player casts Riddikulus, the hostile mob turns into a random passive mob.

Again, if someone knows about a specific plugin or combination of plugins that, at least somewhat, do the things that I want. Or if someone could make a plugin / multiple plugins that do these things.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. Offline

Markus709

use magicspells for the wands, if you learn how to customize that plugin there's endless possibilities.

3. Offline

LazerJohnny

Okay Thanks, but the problem is, that is for 1.7.9

4. Offline

Markus709

still it should work for the new versions even though it hasnt been updated

5. Offline

LazerJohnny

Okay, I would like a plugin that still better suits harry potter spells and wands, but if I can't find one like that, I'll use it!

6. Offline

JusticePro

Hello and I will be attempting to implement your plugin. I will respond to this thread when it is done.

7. Offline

LazerJohnny

@JusticePro thanks! Note: as an optional addition, you could add a pet system where you can give or remove pets with commands, if you have a cat or bat as a pet, you can deliver messages to other players on the server.

New Optional Features:

- Floo Network -

If a fireplace is made, ( Fire on netherrack surrounded by bricks, a sign needs to be placed above the fire with the name of the spot) you can throw a floo powder in to activate it and need another to travel. Floo powder is made when you smelt an ender pearl. You throw a floo powder into the fire, after that the fire will not hurt you and you can walk in. You type in chat "Travel to [Name of other Fire Place]" you then throw another into the fire you are standing on and it will teleport you to that fire place.

- House Cup -

Adds ability to take/remove house points from a team with commands, (Ex. /hc [give/remove] [House name] [Amount]) For example, /hc give Gryffindor 10, this will display 10 Points to Gryffindor! and add those ten points. The houses correspond to the sorting hat houses as well.
    To track the points you could use a command (Ex. /hc [House name] displays a specific house total, or /hc displays all house points.) You can also place a sign down with specific words to track progress, (Ex. [] [Gryffindor Points:] [] [])
    This will cause the point total to be displayed.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  8. Where do I download this plugin?

AmaroGamerPT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.