Harry Potter Magic Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xchilly38x, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Well, the only problem with that is when you walk, and you don't want the glowstone there anymore, you have to replace it, and it would extra work to remember what was there when you walk away. Not saying it can't be done, its just harder. I would rather go with torches just because this entire plugin has gotten complicated already.

2. Offline

Mig_B

Ok, if you have finished some major parts in the dev of the plugin me and chilly will tell you some bugs. So you can fix it rather than wait a long time and don't know what is broken. Also could you tag me in your post so I can know when you reply?

3. Offline

TheFluffey

4. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Mig_B

Will do. Although, I have been busy since yesterday afternoon and haven't had a chance to work on this. I have to totally restart since it is not using commands. My first step today will be to compile an entire list of all the spells requested and their updated uses. Once my list is confirmed, then I will start.

TheFluffey Mig_B @xchilly38x

Here is everything. Tell me if anything needs to be changed.

Go here to view the file.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  5. Offline

TheFluffey

Iron_Crystal Mig_B

Accio: Yes
    Expelliarmus: Yes, try to make it fly 5-10 blocks away, so they can't just get it back easily.
    Incendio: On blocks, or set the player on fire directly. Make sure that you can set the player on fire without setting blocks on fire (On my server I allow pvp but disable building, etc).
    Lumos: Yep, that would work great. The torch needs to mimic "Following" the player.
    Stupefy: Yes, make sure Cooldown and spell duration are configurable also (for all spells).
    Petrificus Totalus: Yep, once again if you cannot totally freeze it's fine, but try to disable movement.
    Avada Kadavra: Yep, make messages toggleable on or off.
    Crucio: Yes, like torture.
    Episkey: Yep.
    Reducto: Flawless
    Wingardim Leviosa: Also, it is necessary to have a max height above their original position. For example, you can only fly two blocks higher (Configurable height) from where you started.
    Ferra Verto: Yea, sorta pointless but still cool.
    Bubble head charm: Perfect - maybe make swimming faster? (configurable)
    Disillusionment: Perfect, try to tie into VanishNoPacket... Basically, make it so this spell just executes the /vanish on command. And when the allotted time is up, it uses /vanish off.
    Calloportus: Absolutely necessary - using it for iron doors. On the server, no one can break or place blocks. It isn't a building server, it is a magic server. Therefore, the only way to open some iron doors (If I don't have a pressure plate there) is to open with magic... Like for questing and learning the spell, they have to get through the door without redstone or any levers, pressure plates, etc. This will open the door, and make it remain open until closed again by the alohomora spell. You cannot just open iron doors.
    Expulso: Right on. More for combat than reducto.
    Flame-Freezing Charm: Right on, I don't care about the bug. Make it so you can walk through fire without damage, and swim through lava.
    Finite Incantatem: Cancels all of the following: Poison, Potion effects, Fire (If it is on the player, not so they can walk through it, that is what Flame-Freeze is for). Make sure to note that this does not cancel lumos, "Nox" will do that. It just turns lumos off.
    Intruder Charm: Perfect, The radius begins on where you are standing. Then, if you set (in config) ten blocks, it would make a 10x10x10 area around where you are standing. Optionally make it so that this makes bad things happen to the intruder - Perhaps a configurable mob starts to spawn in the radius, until frozen by the charm below?
    Freezing Charm: Yes. Read right above here, when you learn the spell on my server you will have to use it to overcome the intruder charm. Therefore, you have to freeze it so that the mobs stop spawning, and then kill the mobs. Easy.
    Homenium Revelio: Yes, tells there direction and how many blocks away.
    Stealth Sensoring Spell: Correct. This is the correct name as in the book, don't change it.
    Langlock: Yep. Perfect. Once again, all spells will have permission nodes. When you use /teach [Player] [spell], it will just add the permission node to that player (Possible vault support?)
    Muffliato: Specifically, only your chat messages. Like a temporary 'ignore' feature.
    Obscuro: Yep.
    Point Me: Yep.
    Protego: Technically not. Rather, you are invincible to spells (Spells will have no effect on you for a configurable amount of time.) And yes, configurable spells prevented. The other player can still cast, you will just be immune for the configured time.
    Refilling Charm: Yes.
    Sectumsempra: Yep.

Alohomora: As explained above, it is indeed necessary. See calloportus.
    Aguamenti: Yep.

1. Please tell me if this is the entire list, as I will be referring to this when making the plugin.
    ---- Looks correct :D
    2. What order do you want the spells?
    ---- Any order, I will just be switching through them... Perhaps alphabetical so they are easy to find when switching.
    3. I think it should be left-click to cast and right-click to change.
    ---- I agree.
    4. Is this how it should be?
    • Player picks up stick
    • Console sends him a message “Would you like to cast spells?”
    • Player types in command like “/spells on” or something.
    • Player immediately is starting out with the first spell.
    • Player right-clicks until he gets to the spell he wants
    • Every time the spell is changed, he gets a message like “You are now using ____ spell. Then it describes the spell.
    • Player left-clicks a block or player to cast.
    Looks correct , but notes:
    1. or receives it in any way.
    2. configurable message, like "You have found your correct wand, you feel the magic flowing through your veins."
    3. Configurable message, but make it a one time thing. Use like a player.dat and make it mark down every player who has used /spells so they don't have to again.
    4. Configurable, like the node
    startingSpell: (list spells here, seperated by commas. Nothing here means no starting spell).
    5.Yep.
    6.Yep,
    7. Perfect.
    You did forget the mana system, however. Make each spell use a configurable amount of mana, out of 100. You regain mana over time or by eating food or sleeping. Different food gives a different configurable amount of mana, and sleeping restores mana fully. You can configure the rate at which you gain mana normal... In mana gained per minutes.... like node gainMana: 1
    This means the player gains 1 mana per minute out of 100 by default. When the player doesn't have enough mana to cast, a chat message is printed telling them.

6. Offline

Mig_B

Iron_Crystal
    With the Avada Kedavra and all the dueling spells is the command like /stupefy <player>
    or you need to look at the player and wave your wand/stick.
    Also instead of just the Avada kedavra spell that broadcasts to the entire server. could you make so when the player casts a spell it broadcasts a custom message you can edit in the configs. The default would be &bMig_B has cast Lumos.

7. Offline

nighteyes604

TheFluffey

If you need any help (even if it's just conceptual code help and not actual coding) I'm bored and willing so let me know. :p

8. Offline

TheFluffey

9. Offline

nighteyes604

TheFluffey sorry was just reading the end of the thread XD

Iron_Crystal If you need any help (even if it's just conceptual code help and not actual coding) I'm bored and willing so let me know. ;)

10. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Mig_B

All the spells are used with wands. No commands necessary.

nighteyes604

i believe I'm fine. If I need help, then I'll ask you.

TheFluffey

Thanks for the update. I started the plugin (doing the basic stuff) and I have to go now, but will continue this tonight.

Wow, this 502 error is really annoying...:mad:

11. Offline

Mig_B

Iron_Crystal
    So how will it work with no commands. How will you switch to the next spell. Binding? also, will the /teach command be true because I need this command for my classes on my server... :/

Iron_Crystal
    Completely forgot about that will you add a mana bar for the players to use the spell forever. Like if you cast Lumos. It will cost 5 mana points.
    you type like the command /mana to see your mana left out of ten. It regenerates by 10 points each hour
    GRRRrrrrr....502 ERRORS!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

TheFluffey

Mig_B
    My post covered mana... Out of 100 is better for better depth... Like more specifics with how much mana a spell uses. If you want it to use 0, just put 0 in the config for that spell. /mana is a good idea, but out of 100 works better. Read my post above. It also covers how you switch spells :D

13. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Mig_B

They will switch from spell to spell by right-clicking, and casting the spell by left-clicking. All with a stick of course.

I will implement the mana. One way I was thinking of "teaching" the spells to the players was to give them the permissions to cast the spell. I believe there was a way to force the players a permission through a plugin, but if this is not possible, then I will think of another way.

14. Offline

xchilly38x

Wow i agree!

15. Offline

Mig_B

Iron_Crystal The switch with the left click.. Will it only cycle through learnt spells or through all of them?
    Also will the permission nodes be like HarryPotter.lumos. Make it so it supports bPermission (That is what I am using)

16. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Yes, it will support all permissions plugins. Currently it cycles through all spells, but I plan on making it only cycle through known spells.

17. Offline

Mig_B

Thanks, is there any version coming soon? For me and Chilly to test out?

18. Offline

TheFluffey

Let him take his time, its not easy to code a plugin with that many different things.

19. Offline

Iron_Crystal

[quote uid=90631162 name="Mig_B" post=1076475]Thanks, is there any version coming soon? For me and Chilly to test out?[/quote]

Well, the spells aren't done, but maybe you could test out the following

1. Switching between spells.
    2. Aguamenti spell
    3. Alohomora spell Forgot-doesn't work yet
    4. Sectumsempra spell
    5. Expelliarmus spell
    6. Lumos spell (currently goes on forever)
    7. Changing some of the values in the config to make sure they work.

The mana data doesn't do anything yet.

In order to start spells (This is temporary for debugging)

1. Pick up a stick
    2. Type in command /spells
    3. It will automatically start you with Accio (which currently does nothing).

Download test plugin <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  20. Offline

Mig_B

TheFluffey
    Not with all the spells just the tester version. What he have now

Iron_Crystal I didn't have to try it yet but did you do so it broadcasts the spell to everyone?

21. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Not yet

22. Offline

TheFluffey

Mig_B
    I made test it soon, mig if you get it up on your server just give me the IP and we will go. BTW what build of Hogwarts are you using, PotterCraft?

23. Offline

Mig_B

TheFluffey we are using a custom made one by our friends :) which is now public on PlanetMinecraft

24. Offline

Iron_Crystal

I am not going to be testing with you guys, but one thing that I will tell you is that I plan on making the descriptions of the spells configurable.

Mig_B TheFluffey @xchilly38x

25. Offline

TheFluffey

Link? It sounds awesome.

26. Offline

Mig_B

Iron_Crystal
    I found it difficult to cycle through the spells once I type /spells I get stuck at Accio and can't seem to toggle it more. Is that a bug? Also could you make so the dueling spells get set at a configurable range? One last thing, Could you make the Broadcast message in the config.yml editable. So you can Customize your own message with color codes :)

27. Offline

TheFluffey

Second spell range configuration, I forgot about that :D

28. Offline

Iron_Crystal

I don't know what the problem could be. You sure you went through the steps? You say it sent you a message. Was it in color? If not, then it wasn't cycling at all. If it was, then it was stuck on Accio for some reason....

I can try, but I use the EntityDamageByEntity event. I know for the Player interact event, you can get a target block from a configurable distance, but I don't know about entities.

I just tested it, and it is definitely scrolling through the spells. Make sure you are right-clicking to change, and left-clicking to cast

29. Offline

Mig_B

30. Offline

TheFluffey

I will test right now and get back ASAP. :D

Iron_Crystal Mig_B

Works fine for me, right clicking changes spells. (with wand out)