Hackers are entering my users accounts

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by decebaldecebal, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

decebaldecebal

So i have a HUGE PROBLEM!Today, when i was at the PC, a mod call me and told me that a hacker hacked all the accounts that were playing on my server, even the ones who were moderators and started banning all the people from my server!
    I really need something to combat this!I don't know what to do because players that were banned they maybe will not enter my server anymore even if I unbanned them.
    My server is ruined without a hack proof system!
    And i have online-mode = false; in server properties so people who play on mineshafter can join!
    Please help me i really don't want to make the server private just for friends!
    HELP!

2. Offline

zipfe

This has been asked 5,000 times before. Please check the forums.

3. Offline

Memorywipe

Basically the hackers can enter as your moderators usernames. You need to have onlinemod set to true.

4. Offline

8thDimension

You could use xAuth so your users would need to register/login with a password (This prevents hackers and etc.)

Or you could just online mode to true

5. Offline

decebaldecebal

i downloaded xAuth and it works great!
    But i don't understand how hackers can enter my account!If they can do it is it possible that i can do it too?I want revenge!

6. How about you have all your users:
    Buy the game
    Then set online-mode: true

7. Offline

8thDimension

That's what happens when you make a server where people with hacked clients can come in and do stuff

The console should even warn you that people can hack into your account and etc. if you set online mode to false.

8. Offline

cholo71796

@decebaldecebal
    As others have said, simply turn online-mode to true. Then you don't have pirates or account spoofers.

9. Offline

MonsieurApple

Buy minecraft, and please don't talk about cracked copies. I would never play on a server that has online mode set to false.

'Nuff said.

tips48 likes this.
  10. Offline

Lolmewn

--^ What he said.

11. Offline

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

He said something about

not legal purchased copies of minecraft ;)

12. Offline

Drakia

Your own fault for supporting pirates, you deserved it.
    Run in online mode, stop supporting piracy, problem solved.

13. Offline

Redyugi

I refuse to believe everyone preaching in this thread is against piracy. I guarantee that most of you have done it at one point or the other. Practice what you preach. (Not saying it's a good thing, I just know how most users on the web are)

That being said, they are right. I make my friends buy MC if they want to play on my server. Then no one can 'hack' them, like they can you.

14. Offline

Drakia

I'm the biggest pirate I know, doesn't mean he didn't deserve it, just like if I ever get caught/arrested for it I deserve it.

15. Offline

Entity623

I for some reason want to scream ARRGH but put it on online mode so u dont stress while you search for an answer. and remember young padawan revenge is will cause you more grief than you think. and Character is the most underrated human trait. Persevere via premeditated course of action and foresight of obstacles life and server life will be easier

16. Offline

Jeyge

I don't think it has anything to do with being a pirate. It has everything to do with talking about being a pirate. I personally think the warning you get when you run in offline mode should be enough of a clue that you probably shouldn't post about it.

17. Offline

Drakia

For those not aware, this is what is printed when you turn online mode off:
    Again, well deserved for supporting piracy ;)

18. Offline

Taranis01

as i know mineshafter doesn't need online-mode=false! They only have to be registerd at minecraft.net
    And because of that u dont need xAuth or any other register-plugin (when using mineshafter and online-mode=true)

19. Offline

Celeixen

I uses to be a minepirate but after a week i was hooked and i knew that it was so good i needed to buy it. I know somtimes you have friends that dont own it so you set it to online mode- false, just make sure Xauth is setup right.

20. Offline

AgentKid

If you didn't understand because no one quoted you directly...
    online-mode=false means that your server does NOTHING to make sure that the person logging on with your name is actually you. This means you can modify your client to log in with a different name and the server will accept it.
    Not unless their server owner was dumb enough to disable authentication.
    Too bad :/

21. Offline

decebaldecebal

thank you for the reply but i still don't know how people can bypass the password check!even if i have a cracked client when i enter the game it appears the same thing as with a normal client and i have to fill my username and password and if I don't fill my password it wouldn't let me enter so i don't understand how hackers can bypass that!
    and by the way xAuth works very fine!No hacker problems now!

DerpinLlama likes this.
  22. Offline

AgentKid

Basically hackers can make a version of the game that sends a fake name to the server, and if your server has online-mode=false set, then the server doesn't check to make sure it's a real name. Because they can fake any name on an online-mode=false server, they can log in as you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.