Hack Prevention!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Shahblox, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Offline

Shahblox

Suggested Name: Hack Prevention

What I want in this plugin: I want this plugin to basically stop all kinds of hacks if possible, mainly the mod called "All U Want" which is an extremely powerful mod allowing you to put custom enchantments, effects, names, and a lot more on items and stuff. I want the plugin to also prevent players from using X-Ray as well. If there are any other hacks that should/could be prevented, i'd like those added with this as well. And there are no commands or perms or anything.

When i'd like this by: As soon as possible!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

JimsHD likes this.
  3. Offline

Shahblox

That doesn't block X-Ray or All U Want, lol.

4. Offline

iTornado1234

Shahblox Only way to block X-ray is to force a texture pack, or do what obfuscator did.

5. Online

You can't block everything. It also isn't the only plugin out there.
    Obfuscater is used for that as iTornado1234 said
    And "All u want", ask the developers of NCP to add it, cheat checks are extremely difficult to make.

6. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

how do you force a texture pack on players anyway? id like to know for my server :3 ive got a custom one but got no clue how to do so.

7. Online

Can't force it, user can disable it

8. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

how do you "suggest" for it to appear on?

oh, one server i was on (i think it was PhanaticMC) had this anti xray where blocks that where not in view of the players all turned into random ore blocks, but back into normal blocks when in a 3 block radius. not in view meant that they where covered by a surface, it was virtually undetectable by non lagging regular players but apparently thwarted xrayers.
    However, this would bring a bit of lag to your server if it was not of a high gig.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  9. Offline

Shahblox

timtower Alright then, I guess i'll ask them but i'm pretty sure hundreds of people have already asked them this by now. :(

10. Offline

Garris0n

You can't just magically add items to your inventory in multiplayer. That's not how it works.

11. Offline

Onlineids

Garris0n You can if the server allows you to have creative mode

12. Offline

Garris0n

Yes, but then it's intended behavior and there's no reason to block it.

13. Offline

Onlineids

Garris0n No I mean with nodus and similar clients you can enchant up to 127 like the picture below:
    [​IMG]

14. Offline

Garris0n

Onlineids Yes, because the creative menu is allowed to spawn whatever it likes in.

15. Offline

Onlineids

Garris0n So what if they want players to have creative but also want them to be able to pvp ect

16. Offline

Garris0n

Then they're already invincible and have the ability to spawn in overpowered items. If you give normal players creative without trusting them, you probably have more problems than an nbt editing mod...like a bunch of "plant mincraf" administrators you should probably de-op.

That situation reminds me of people who say they don't trust their plugin developer enough to give them admin permissions...

timtower and Onlineids like this.
  17. Offline

xAstraah

Onlineids, They can only use this Enchantment feature if they are OP or in Creative Mode.

18. Offline

Onlineids

xAstraah

19. Offline

Gamecube762

Just wanted to point that out and as said above NCP+ and Orebfuscator both can protect your server and work amazingly at what they do. Also, if you go to the thread page of All U Want (on the MC forums), you can find they have a Bukkit plugin to restrict or allow access to the mod on your server.

fudool8 likes this.
  20. While it would be "nice to have" to have all in one plugin, some tasks are just pretty heavy and are also heavy to maintain (e.g. Orebfuscator).

For creative + items you might have a look at: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/nogodtools/

I have not tested it myself, but it seems promising. Cross-plugin comaptibility will always be a potential issue with cheat-prevention, but you can also keep nagging either plugins developers to add something to make it work somehow.