Guild System

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Sorrow, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Offline

Sorrow

Plugin category: Anti-Griefing, Fun, Mechanics, Economy,

Suggested name: Guilds

I'm a Minecraft player, who loved Factions and Towny servers, but wants more. xP I started learning some Java, but you developer know how hard it is and how much time it takes.​
    The main idea is to give to make a server playable by free-building players and hard-griefers PvPers.​
    Probably this two kind of players can't play togeter, but in some Factions or Towny servers they can do. Factions is more griefing oriented, Towny is more building oriented. The perfect plugin should be in the middle.​
    Guilds
    Guilds are the heart of the plugin. Players can team up in guilds, which can form alliances and start hostilities with other guilds. They can also start a war with any guilds (explained after).​
    • An alliance must be created by one guild, which become the alliance leader, then can invite guilds to join the alliance. The alliance can have a separate base or, either, each guild can have an embassy (special kind of plot inside protected territory) on the alliance leader territory.
    • Hostilities can be engaged by an alliance to another alliance or by a guild to another guild. Hostilities made by an alliance must have half+1 guilds which agree the hostility and, when an alliance make an hostility, each member of that alliance become hostile to each member of the hostile alliance. Hostilities can also be engaged by a single guild to another guild; obviously that guild can't be in the alliance. Each hostility, both alliance and single guild, must be accepted by the interested guild/alliances.
    • A War can be started by everyone versus everyone (also versus ally) and doesn't need to be accepted. When a guild/alliance starts a war against another guild/alliance, the protections rules for the enemy guild changes. If the guild base is invulnerable against breaking, explosions and flowing lava/water, when one guild is in war with another guild, the enemy guild can break soft blocks (ex: cobblestone, gravel, dirt), all the blocks become vulnerable to TNT placed by that guild (also obsidian, to let TNT cannons effective) and all chests become unprotected always to the enemy guild. War can be declared only when at least one member of the enemy guild is online. Declaring war to non hostile guilds lower the karma (see the karma section). The war ends when one of the two guilds pay a certain amount of money to the other guild as armistice or when one guild reach the core territory of the guild and then all the protections of that guild fall and the base is lost.
    Protection
    Protection would be great if can be hooked in the Grief Prevention plugin (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/grief-prevention/) or either make something like this, which I think it has the most intuitive and powerful protection system. Protection is divided in 2 parts: the main guild territory protection which holds the core point of the guild, which is a territory whose dimension depends on the guild's territory size, and various kind of plots. The kind of plots are the following:​
    • Private House Plot: in these plot, only one member of the guild has building, breaking and use privileges. Obviously, when in war, this plot is handled just like a normal guild territory. It can be only defined inside the main guild protection area.
    • Public Shop Plot: these kind of plot can be definided outside or inside the main guild protection area. I still have to clean this idea. This kind of plot is designed to host the guild shop. When someone buy something from that shop, the money goes in the guild shared account.
    • Outpost: can be defined also outside the main guild territory. The protection rules of this kind of plot are the same of an in-war main guild territory (vulnerable to TNT, soft blocks etc), but this applies to everyone, not only the enemy guild.
    The main idea is taken by an old idea submitted by a user I can't remember his username. Instead of using the concept of power which is used in Factions, this plugin should use the concept of Karma. The karma is an integer between -100 and 100. Each player has his own karma while the guild karma is the average of every guild members' karma.​
    Karma increases if player plays peacefully without harming others' with no reason, while decreases if a guild/player raids less powerful guilds/players, do spawnkilling or other bad actions.​
    Here is a list of actions which increases and decreases the karma.​
    Increase:
    • Harvesting slowly increase the karma
    • Killing a negative karma player
    • Kill an hostile mob
    • Mining
    • Winning a war (by capping the core territory) against a negative karma guild. This increase the karma guild-wide.
    Decrease:
    • Killing a neutral or positive karma player
    • Declaring war to a non-hostile guild with neutral or positive karma
    • Declaring war to an ally
    There are also some feature regarding the karma:
    • Players with negative karma can drop money
    • You can declare war to a non-hostile guild with negative karma and your karma doesn't decrease
    • You do not have to wait for approval to set a negative karma guild as hostile
    • Other disadvantage for negative karma players that doesn't come in my mind now
    Obviously, this is only an idea that can be expanded and modified, but I hope that it will keep its main features.​

About paying: well... I don't know if I can pay or not. If the plugin was as I thought, I can donate something to the developer.​
    Thanks for reading, hoping that a dev likes this idea and want developing it.​
    Sorry if I made some language mistakes or spelling error, English isn't my mother language :(

2. Offline

romobomo

Sorrow
    Just a heads up, what you're asking for here is a highly customized, massive plugin. As I wrote my own custom guild/zone/war plugin, I can tell you from experience this is a massive undertaking. The likely-hood of someone doing something this large and specific for free is very low. You may want to sweeten the pot there a bit.

3. Offline

Sorrow

I know this is an huge work, that's why I'm learning Java, because I really believe in this project.

4. Offline

KingWar92

take a look at "Fractions".

5. Offline

Sorrow

I really can't understand the meaning of your post. Really.

6. Offline

KingWar92

It's a plugin.

7. Offline

Sorrow

Well, I can't find it anywhere.

8. Offline

DrBowe

It's Factions.

Fractions are...well, not a plugin. We'll leave it at that. :rolleyes:

9. Offline

KingWar92

10. Offline

Sorrow

I understood that it was a sort of tease.
    By the way, I used Factions alot and the only think it causes is a massive ragequit of newbies or builders.
    This plugin I proposed isn't Factions and I don't think that the description can be misunderstood as someone can think that this is exactly Factions.