[Guide]Setting up bukkit (first time user friendly)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jacklin213, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Di3sel

I'm having an issue giving myself admin right or being able to use any plugins

2. Offline

jacklin213

what os your using? :
    what version of java? :
    Do u have visual c++ 2008 (if not download it now):
    what start up code are you using? :

3. Offline

ohtwo

Just a word of constructive criticism... I seriously can't read this if I were just starting out. The writing is inconsistent (you have spaces after the number sometimes, sometimes you don't), there are no capital letters, etc. I may be nitpicking and OCD, but believe me, presentation will go a long way in helping people. Screenshots or pictures would be helpful too!

EDIT: I can fairly understand this because I have the knowledge already, but someone starting out would look for better content.

4. Offline

jacklin213

ahhh will do ill c what i can do

5. Offline

Dougy2000

Hey Im back, yeah I did portforward my ipv4 and I did get the right external ip

6. Offline

jacklin213

Have u used the port checking site in my portforwarding guide

I think it's your fire wall blocking it . Try allowing it to enable connection frm the port 25565

7. Offline

grant206

I went on the checking website. It said it couldn't connect, so I turned ping off. It worked. Does this mean my friends will be able to join?

8. Offline

Xmillsa

If it says "Open", then yes it should.

9. Offline

jacklin213

grant206 check to c if your firewall is blocking java. Unblock it as well as letting port 25565 through

10. Offline

jacklin213

11. Offline

jacklin213

12. Offline

madcatz007

please help ! :D i tried everything...i have this kind of error

195 recipes
    27 achievements
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.fusesource.jansi.
    internal.Kernel32
    at org.fusesource.jansi.internal.WindowsSupport.getConsoleMode(WindowsSu
    pport.java:50)
    at jline.WindowsTerminal.getConsoleMode(WindowsTerminal.java:176)
    at jline.WindowsTerminal.init(WindowsTerminal.java:80)
    at jline.TerminalFactory.create(TerminalFactory.java:93)
    at jline.TerminalFactory.get(TerminalFactory.java:151)
    at jline.console.ConsoleReader.<init>(ConsoleReader.java:140)
    at jline.console.ConsoleReader.<init>(ConsoleReader.java:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.<init>(MinecraftServer.java:94)
    at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.<init>(DedicatedServer.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:655)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:143)
    press any key to continue...

i have windows 7 32bit and im using java 7 32 bit (i also updated it) :D and i did everything what was written in this tutorial

any ideas?

13. Offline

jacklin213

@ madcatz007 have u downloaded visual c++ 2008 or 2010??
    and i c the problem is with your jline and to fix that u need c++ 2008 or 2010

14. Offline

ifly6

I find its better to set the -Xms lower (like between 64-256M), because the server would then use significantly less memory and so the memory isn't fragmented.

EDIT: Note that this is the -Xms flag, not the -Xmx flag. The first does initial heap and the second does maximum heap...

15. Offline

jacklin213

tbh its better to set the -Xms 500M cause u dont want it to run out of memery if something goes wrong and the server needs to force save

16. Offline

ifly6

-Xms is a flag that sets the initial starting heap for a java programme. If its high enough to start up on (yea, 10mb is enough to start a server on) then there shall be no problems. It just allocates more memory to the server out of the -Xmx flag when it approaches the limit of the -Xms flag.

17. Offline

jacklin213

yes i know that but why make it that complicated for first time users >.>

Exams are over soon

I use -Xincgc

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  18. Offline

ifly6

First users are the "copy and paste" peoples. I remember it, copy and pasting my .command files back when alpha was the talk of the day. We should let them copy/paste, and when they copy paste, it should be done correctly, because- no offence to them, they don't interpret what comes up on the screen. "-Xincgc" changes how Java does garbage collection, and unfortunately (according to Sun/Oracle); it lowers the efficiency of the garbage collector by about 10%.
    What the -Xincgc flag does is that it optimises your server to run on a single core with less than 16-128 mb of RAM (a pretty small heap). By cycling the garbage collector repeatedly, it generates a significantly greater CPU overhead, but reduces the amount of RAM usage marginally so you can deal with more entities or objects in lets say.. a TNTx5000 explosion.

19. Offline

jacklin213

my guide is a copy paste.
    i said i use -Xincgc

20. Offline

ifly6

Exactly. So why are you saying:
    You say you use -Xincgc.. Well that changes how the GC in Java works, and lower's its effectiveness in a high heap environment (>1GB).

21. Offline

jacklin213

Wait so in ur opinion is cgc good or bad

22. Offline

ifly6

-Xincgc is good in environments under 1GB, when you need to constantly empty the heap to keep things smooth. It isn't good if you're running a server with more than 1GB.

23. Offline

jacklin213

yeh i use cgc cause my -Xmx is only 1024MB but i will need to change it once i host my actual server :)

24. Offline

Goodwillmining

hi jackin im new to making servers and ive got java 7 and i think a 32 bit comp so i used ur code and it came up with this error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: could not initialize class org.fusesource.jansi
    it comes up with 195 recipes 27 achievments but then does this and says press any button to continue? pleaseeee help!

25. Offline

jacklin213

Goodwillmining
    can u post you server.log here using [.code][./code] (without the dots)
    or post a picture here . I think i know what problem your getting

26. Offline

FearlessReject

Can some one help me get a code for a 32bit java 6 windows

when i type in the code and i try to run it it says system could not find patch specified
    @Echo OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\java\32jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar BUKKIT.jar
    PAUSE

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  27. Offline

jacklin213

Method still works for Craftbukkit 1.5.1

28. Offline

Iroh

jacklin213 here is a slightly better title if you would like to use xD
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    I didn't know where you wanted to host it so I just gave you a straight dl.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
    jacklin213 likes this.
  29. Offline

jacklin213

[quote uid=90801393 name="Iroh" post=1636966]jacklin213 here is a slightly better title if you would like to use xD
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    I didn't know where you wanted to host it so I just gave you a straight dl.[/quote]
    Oh thanks , the old version I rushed with paint lol , I'll get this uploaded when I get onto a computer 2morrow

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  30. Offline

Iroh

NP If it is too low def I can up it, I know a lot of image hosting sites downgrade the quality a bunch, so even if it looks good to me when I upload it it may not be as good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.