Grum and Tahg not admins?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Malchus, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Malchus

This has been a burning question I have had more several weeks. I was hoping someone would ask it at Minecon, but unfortunately not.
    So, does anyone know why Grum and Tahg are not forum administrators?

Cheers mates.

greatman likes this.
  2. Offline

Rayden

Because a forum doesn't need 27 admins to work properly? :)

If you look at most official forums for game developers, they often got 30+ developers with a forum account, but you'll notice only a few have admin access, some will have moderator powers, but most don't even have that.

3. Offline

NuclearW

You could consider tagging them to ask for their responses: @Grum @Tahg

My best guess is, though, they don't want to be bothered with the responsibility of administering a community when they have so much they can do on the API and the implementation.

4. Offline

CODsniperkid

That and for the fact that Bukkit isn't the only thing in life. I was a forum moderator for GameBattles a while back and I was having a lot of fun there, but it got to the point where I was too busy in real life. That's probably what happened.(Just a guess from personal experience)

5. Offline

Malchus

That makes sense. Cheers mate, that's a nifty feature.

You're right, just wanted to get a couple opinions about it :p I, myself, agree.

Yeah that also makes a lot of sense, although bukkit can hold anything, it can't hold everyone.... forever :p

Thanks guys, appreciate the honest answers.

6. Offline

CODsniperkid

lol yeah. Bukkit has no rim(lol!) :p

7. Offline

Grum Bukkit Team Member

Because I'd accidently press the [Delete this forum] button! :p

Nah in all seriousness, I'm not too big of a forum fan, it sucks up so much time while it's (IMHO) a very inefficient way of communicating.

I'm better reachable on IRC, so pop by if you want to have a chat :D

Malchus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.