Question GroupManager Help Please

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by John_Phenomenon, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

John_Phenomenon

http://pastebin.com/RTxEJCUs

Alive is the default group

Thats my groupmanager file, nightvision is not working, prefixes arent working, nothing is working at all. I dont want the alive group to be able to break blocks or anything I only want them to be able to kill people and use night vision. I want the dead people to be able to use spectate and have the dead prefix. If anyone can fix this, I'm trying to set up a tournament for people with depression and various mental disorders, thankyou

Plugins are spectateplus and nightvision reloaded

There is a permissions.yml file in the main directory of my server folder and it is empty I dont know if that has anything to do with anything..

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. Offline

Binner_Done

Well first things first in your config it is
    Code:
    - -bukkit.command.kill
    - -nightvision.use
    This is saying don't let the group use that permission!
    when it should be
    Code:
    - bukkit.command.kill
    - nightvision.use
    Are you only using those two plugins, spectateplus and nightvision reloaded?

3. Offline

John_Phenomenon

I've found out what my problem was, to anyone who's having a similar problem, DO NOT use tabs. Spaces only. Do not make my mistake.. I'm so used to coding java that I instinctively tabbed and it led to my downfall.

-John

(P.S. I know my problem is already solved, however, you did ask what plugins I was using, and since you did help, it is slightly disrespectful to ignore you. http://imgur.com/Dhgs8n5)

4. Offline

Boomer

inheriting the g:groupmanager_default means that that group is also getting all the permissions from that globalgroup definition.

As for prefixes, thats the responsibility of a chat-manager, required to display them, and properly configured to display it.

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Common mistake made on here. Error log would probably have said that.

6. Offline

Binner_Done

@Boomer I was thinking that about the prefixes thats why i asked to see a plugin list :p And @John_Phenomenon thank you for not being rude :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.