Group Manager Prefix/Suffix in Essentials Chat Format

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Syncenix, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Syncenix

Confusing title, I agree.

Lately I've been spending most of my time attempting to find a solution to this, but am still unable to. In the Essentials Chat Format, my server's default chat format is set to:

'&2{factions_roleprefix}&a{factions_name}&f|&r{DISPLAYNAME}:&r {MESSAGE}'

All works fine, but when I have a Groupmanager group with a prefix, in-game the chat format shows as:

'**Staff|PREFIXwildone500m: Test.'

Is there any chat format tag for Groupmanager to use in EssentialsChat that allows me to move where the prefix/suffix shows? Eg:

'PREFIX|**Staff|wildone500m: Test.'

Thanks
    -Syncenix

2. Offline

JaguarJo

Syncenix Quoted from http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting:
    Code:
    Chat Formatting

Chat formatting requires you to have EssentialsChat installed.

Chat formatting is how you control what the chat looks like when anyone speaks ingame. This is where you typically prepend group names and generally change the formatting to make players or groups stand out.

The chat formatting settings can be found in the Essentials config file, towards the bottom of the file.

There are a few tags that will be automatically replaced by the server:
    {DISPLAYNAME} {MESSAGE} {GROUP} {WORLDNAME} {SHORTWORLDNAME} {TEAMPREFIX} {TEAMSUFFIX} {TEAMNAME}

{MESSAGE} is the text you type into chatbox.

{GROUP} is the name of the permissions group you are in. requires a permission plugin.

{DISPLAYNAME} is the name of your user with prefix/suffix added.

{WORLDNAME} is the name is the name of the world you are in.

{SHORTWORLDNAME} is the first letter of the world you are in.

{TEAMPREFIX} {TEAMSUFFIX} {TEAMNAME} are your scoreboard team variables.

There are an infinite number of different valid combinations for these settings, and these will be dependant on personal preference. Some general examples are given below, including the use of various colour codes:

What this means is, if you have a prefix/suffix defined with GroupManager, it is going to show up with the username in chat where it says {DISPLAYNAME}. You can't move that prefix or suffix around and separate it from the name.

What you can do, is remove the prefix/suffix from your GroupManager and just use {GROUP} in your chat formatting if you still want the group tag to show up. Then you can separate it from the username and put it wherever you want in the chat line. So it would then look like this:
    '&r{GROUP}&f|&2{factions_roleprefix}&a{factions_name}&f|&r{DISPLAYNAME}:&r {MESSAGE}'

and it would show up like this:
    'GROUP|**Staff|wildone500m: Test.'

3. Offline

Syncenix

I understand that's one option, but I would like my staff members to have the freedom of changing their prefix colors/text. So, if an admin wants to change this prefix from &cAdmin to &2LOL, the prefix will be displayed.

So, instead of 'Admin|**Staff|Dudemister1999: .'
    It will be 'LOL|**Staff|Dudemister1999: .' along with the specified colors.

4. Offline

JaguarJo

You might want to try a different chat plugin than EssentialsChat. You cannot break the essentials {DISPLAYNAME} into 2 parts like you want it to do. The prefix is part of the displayname. Other chat plugins may be configurable to do it the way that you want.

5. Offline

Necrodoom

Syncenix You could allow the admin the permission for /manuaddv, which allows to modify a user's prefix/suffix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.