Solved Going from Offline Mode

Discussion in 'General Help' started by jjvs812, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jjvs812

Hi. If you cannot help me with this issue due to rules, I understand. But I didn't know where to ask, so I came here. Anyway, I have been running a bukkit server in offline mode for a while, and now decided to make it an online mode server. When I did this, all players lost access to claims (GriefPreventation), plots (PlotMe) and more. I was wondering if I could ask this here, and if anyone could help me. Thanks.

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

I think you can ask this because your server is now in online mode :) (Keep it in online mode and you'll be able to get support here)

The reason they lost everything is because most plugins use UUIDs now, and when you're in offline mode it makes up fake UUIDs for each player. So then when you switch to online it uses their real UUIDs and thus causes them to loose their stuff.

jjvs812 likes this.
  3. Offline

jjvs812

Thanks so Much! Is there a way to correct this problem?

4. Offline

nverdier

Not an easy way, at least more most plugins I know of.

5. Offline

jjvs812

So is there no way at all to correct the problem?

6. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@jjvs812 There is a way, it just isn't a fun way.
    You probably need to replace all player names / offline mode uuid's with online mode uuid's

oceantheskatr likes this.
  7. Offline

jjvs812

Sorry if this sounds like a noob question, but how would you go about doing this, I am a new server admin, and my server is relatively small.

Never Mind. I found this tool! For anyone in need later here is the url: http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/uuid-playername-save-file-converter.558/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  8. Offline

oceantheskatr

Please mark the thread as solved then. See this for more info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.