Glitchy download counters

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by troed, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

troed

I'm quite sure you know of this already but anyway: The file download counters* don't seem to have been registering downloads for the last 24 hours or so, and I think I've seen similar (but not as prolonged) stretches before.

I don't know if the system "catches up" after a while or if they're lost though.

*) at least for my plugin. Since I only have one, I can't be sure if it's a general or plugin specific problem.

... and we're back. It does seem as if they're registered during, just not displayed.

edit: Nope, that was a one-off update. If for performance reasons the counters are updated only every 12 or 24 hours or so then please let us know. I use them as a metric for when I can consider a just released build to not suffer from unforeseen critical issues ;)

edit2: Still only two updates over the last three days. This is a huge change compared to before, it would be excellent if there was at least a comment as to whether this is intended or not ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  2. Offline

LinkterSHD

Hey were abouts can i see the downlaod counter

3. Offline

troed

Any file listing or specific file download page on BukkitDev.

As far as I can see the download counters for my plugin seem to update once every 24 hours. I distinctly remember they updated a lot more often (as in, either real time or every 5-15 minutes) earlier. I would be happy to learn whether it's an intended change or an oversight :)

4. Offline

Jozeth

I like it because i wake up and see how many more people are adding to the 5,000 downloads i already have...

5. Offline

Fishrock123

All of my download counters have doubled in the past 3 hours. Even outdated versions. -_-?

6. Offline

troed

Verified, here too.

7. Offline

MrMag518

Same, They porbably fixed the bugs and stored the un'registered data into the counters.

8. Offline

Derthmonuter

I've noticed that there is a huge difference between the "downloads" displayed on the main page of the plugin and the "downloads" obtained by adding how many times each file was downloaded.

Do individual file downloads update more quickly?

9. Offline

cjc343

The forum view counts are back but reset. They disappeared a while back.

The file download counters definitely seem to be updating much less frequently than before. I've seen one update (from 0) to a new file in approximately 36 hours since its release. I expect I'll see one more update before 48 hours, and would not be surprised if a trend of once every 24 hours became noticeable.

10. Offline

MrMag518

Why did you repeat my sentence?

11. Offline

Jozeth

If you have deleted files such as me they count towards your downloads also...

12. Offline

fred302

They need to fix this. I hate when i go to my plugins page and see the same number and then the next day it goes up. Please change the caching to atleast 1 min or 5 min

13. Offline

Superkabii

Hate to bring it up, but I don't believe DBO has any control over this. You'd have to contact Curse if you're really that concerned.

14. Offline

Double0negative

my guess is the counters are cached which is a commonly done with counters cause it can help reduce server load

edit: seems some other people are thinking along the same lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.