Giants Stop Short of Player

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ERROR372, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ERROR372

So, I'm making giants spawn and just want them to attack naturally (like any normal zombie, walk into the player). Giants are very damaging, but when they stop 1 block short of the player, well, they don't do any damage. This makes them super easy to kill, and I'm making them have rare drops.

I've read this is due to them never actually finishing Giants (which may be why they despawn randomly too). Is there a simple way of making them actually continue on their path so they hit the player? I'm sure it could be done through NMS code, but I'll admit I'm not too experienced with that.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. you could make a "feature" :D if a giant goes for a player, let spawn a big explosion, which does not make damage, but removes all block until the lowest y level between the player and the giant. then there is a flat teritorry and they will be much harder to kill :D maybe you should say if it would remove more than 4 blocks into the ground cancel it, because you don't want to make giant holes xD this idea maybe need some workarround but i like it :D

3. Offline

ERROR372

I did add attacks to the giant (spawning minions, tossing the player, creating shockwaves, roaring to give ailments to the players), but I would have rather just had them walk into the player, but they wont' for some reason, and it's annoying. Their whole existence is weird. They:

1. Despawn randomly
    2. Stop following you after you're only 5 or so blocks away
    3. Stop 1 block short of you, so they never hurt you unless you run into them.

I know they were unfinished, but still, they seem way too buggy.

4. ERROR372 you could try to overwrite them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.