"Ghost" Players filling server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by zackogenic, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

zackogenic

I have a problem with my public server( 71.229.82.251 ) Where, If you log in, then log out, you will still be there. If you log back in, it will either make you your username plus a few numbers, or it will give you the exact username as before, so there will be two "Wiz1"s. Plus, when you are playing in the presence of a ghost player, you cannot use chat. If you say anything, no once can hear it. And you can't see what they are saying either.

One of the main problems is that it counts the ghost players as players on the server, so if you log in and out 7 times, there will be 7 players on the server, at least.

Why is this happening?
    Also, is there a way to give ALL permissions to the admin?(Permissions 3.x)

2. Offline

mindless728

so first things are first

1) see the banner above your post about the information you need to post, read it
    2) get rid of essentials
    3) update to a new permissions system, Permissions 3.1.6 is inactive and shall receive no help

3. Offline

zackogenic

Ok. I am really sorry. I didn't see that... Also, why get rid of essentials? And can you reccomend any permission system?

4. Offline

mindless728

i recommend CommandBook as you get to customize exactly what you want/need in there

as for permissions either PermissionsEX or bPermissions

as for giving all of the permissions to an admin (without giving them OP) is to give them the '*' permissions which includes everything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.