Ghasts do little dmg to player

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Greylocke, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Greylocke

Anyone seen this before? I'm befuddled, and have this strange feeling I'm missing something quite obvious. But at the risk of embarrassment, here it is.

Ghasts in my Nether are doing almost no damage to players. A fireball that makes a full-on hit on a player with no armor does about 1 heart. That's it. Fireballs are exploding the terrain and causing fires, but do little to players.

I created the Nether using Multiverse. I've tried removing all plugins except CommandBook, WorldEdit, and bPermissions. I've tried changing the difficulty in the MV world config to NORMAL or HARD (the server.properties is set to 2). None of this made any difference.

I've never seen anything like this. Any thoughts on what I might try next?

2. Offline

pyraetos

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read your post well enough.

Try it without CommandBook. I know it does a lot of things, maybe it reduces explosion damage. Then you can either rule it out or check its configuration.

3. Offline

Greylocke

I placed myself in the Nether, shutdown the server, then restarted the server with NO plugins.

Same result. Only about 1/2 - 1 heart of damage when I take a direct hit from a ghast.

This is very strange indeed. Any ideas?

I tested this a little more today, now using CB1619. Basically no change, but I did actually receive a double ghast blast and take 4 hearts of damage. I'm wondering about the mechanics of the fireball damage. Is there a direct-hit damage and a splash damage when the fireball hits the ground nearby? If so, maybe I'm not taking any direct damage and only the splash?

I think I'll pickup one of the fireball plugins and see if I get the same results.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.