Getting Startedt

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by andrewginn, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

andrewginn

Hello everyone,

This is the second time I wanted to take up plugin developing just purely for the fun of it and to gain some experience and give some help to my server.

What I want to do is make a custom enchant which with mineresetlite it has a chance to remove the whole layer of the mine, which will then transfer the blocks into the players inventory and fortune will effect that also.

Does anyone know any good websites or videos to watch so I can get a hold of it and get better at coding, any help will do me fine!

Thanks all

2. Offline

Lordloss

The best help that you can get is learning java in the first place, then in your case learn how to use event listeners, and the rest is googling, trying, and reading the javadocs of the bukkit API classes you gonna use.

3. Offline

andrewginn

@Lordloss Could you give me a starting point on where to look for that stuff?

4. Offline

mcdorli

Google: java tutorial
    You get semi-solid tutorials this way. Just don't use youtube.

5. Offline

andrewginn

Alright I got all the basics from doing website interactions and off the oracle website, I watched a few eventhandler videos and got that in my locker but all I am thinking of getting my head round of is how I can break the blocks which will fill the mine and how the blocks can go into the inventory? I should google this but I don't want to completely go wrong xD @mcdorli @Lordloss

6. Offline

Lightspeed

http://wiki.bukkit.org/Plugin_Tutorial#Learning_Java
    I watched Derek Banas 90 video java play list.
    It didn't take my long to learn a good amount were I could create or get an idea on anything I wanted to make(Without very bad code).

If you click derek banas in the link above it gives you that nice playlist(Wish I new of this link when trying to find tutorials).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.