Getting my server sorted

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by JohnPulse, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JohnPulse

Hi there!

First of all, thanks to the community for this awesome work. I'm fairly new to this, but the bukkit and plugin developers inspire me.

I got a "semi-public" server, not many players involved, running Bukkit with Essentials, Permissions, xAuth (It's an ofline server) and LockChest.

The thing is, the server is now getting known, and a lot of players try it each day. But most of that players just register, see the server and quit, never to be seen again. I would like to implement a way to:

- Players Sign-in to the server (already implemented by xAuth, great plugin by the way);
    - A specific group, after the xAuth login, can or will be teleported to the current working World (that has all the buildings);
    - Outside of that group, they will stay on the same world (or be teleported to another), a vanilla one, for them to discover Minecraft, they can build what they like, but that world will be reset from time to time, by me;
    - I would like to limit the chat from one world to the other, to not have chat spam of players asking this and that;
    - The system has to be full-proof grief.

What are the best plugin/configurations for this 4 last point to happen "safely"?

I'm not expecting to you guys do the config work for me, I just want the opinions of the best plugins to do so, or by other hand, a critic for this whole system :)

I want to help the new players the way I can, but when the current players want, they would have the option to quietly build on the current world, like the server was in the beginning.

Best regards and that you all for your time,
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.