Getting capes without Spout

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Nuinbot, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nuinbot

It was possible before Spout came about, but since then I have only seen it on Spout. I want to offer it to my players, but I am want to refrain from having them to install a Spout client, while still running Spout client-side for recipe/fuel adjustments. Does anyone have any information or advice on this? Thanks.

2. Offline

phrstbrn

Capes used to be hard coded into the Minecraft client. Now I believe it gets the information off minecraft.net similar to skins, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I don't believe there is a way for the server to send the client information about capes, I believe it's all client side.

So I think the only options are Spout, or some client mod that allows for server side capes.

3. Offline

Logan

Mmm, there's a way on planetminecraft. Search it.

4. Offline

JohnTheRipper

Client mods.. Basically, you need to mod a specific class file, I don't remember off of the top of my head. The url in it is something like http://minecraft.net/skins/, and it pulls playername.png from it, or something kind of like that. You could setup a mirror of that on a VPS/dedi, and distribute a modified class file to all your players. Once they install it, if there's a cape file for them or someone else on your server in that directory then they'd see it.

Wow, that wasn't a very elegant explanation, but I think I got the point across.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.