Generate chunks within a radius from the "caster"?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Aspernatio, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Aspernatio

I was wondering if there is any plugin that allows an admin to type a command that will generate all of the chunks within a certain radius from him?

2. Offline

AgentKid

I don't know of any offhand, but I second this request so that you can generate your whole world and never have to worry about terrain generator changes.

3. Offline

Aspernatio

4. Offline

gradelle

Especially useful if you're using a mod that limits the size of the world, third'd

5. Offline

feverdream

So you are looking to "pre-generate" the world?

6. Offline

Aspernatio

Yes.

7. Offline

NickBrahz

I'm no expert on terrain-generation but if you go around fiddling with the generating it would create the most hideous terrain that clashes with eachother, a complete eyesore.

8. Offline

feverdream

I'm not sure this is possible, the best thing can think of offhand - as its 2am here - is to warp yourself around a bit an let the game generate to keep up.

9. Offline

AgentKid

Yea, I mean if you know how far the terrain generator generates the terrain from a player (I appear at origin for the first time and it creates x chunks in all directions), then you could probably even write a simple macro to tp to coords, wait 1 minute for terrain generator to generate the world, tp to next coords, etc.
    Well it wouldn't actually mess with the terrain generator, it'd probably just call for the chunk to be loaded, at which point bukkit will say it's non-existant and generate it, then it'd unload and continue to the next chunk