Inactive [GEN] Toggle Game Mode v0.3 - does what the name says [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by K900, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Offline

feildmaster

And they are also in stand alone plugins. I use plugins that ONLY ADD those features, because i HATE essentials to death. It adds features i NEVER use, and creates even MORE unnecessary memory use.

2. I think your caps lock got stuck at some parts of that paragraph there buddy. You may wanna look at that :)

3. Offline

Phantom Index

Dunno if Notch coded the game modes as one thing, but if not you could have a fly only mode.

4. Offline

feildmaster

Will be added into bukkit as a permission at some point. Then we'll be able to control it.

5. Offline

novayuna

/tgm works great for OPs, but the permissions (SuperPerms) don't work for me. o.o

I added tgm.*: true to a non-OP moderator group's permissions, but they cannot use the command /tgm. The message /tgm [player] appears, but nothing happens.

6. Offline

neersighted

He never said there was a tgm.* node, and SuperPerms does not support pluginname.*, so you need to add the full node.

7. i have the same problem, and that when i write the full node.

8. Offline

novayuna

Well, essentials.*, general.* etc. work fine for me. o.o - even the example shows permissions.*.
    To be sure, 'cause I'm new to this: SuperPerms is PermissionsBukkit, isn't it?

I thought I could combine those two in tgm.* instead of adding tgm.self and tgm.others. But as of Zino tried the full node, I guess there might be really a permissions error within the TGM plugin.

9. Offline

efstajas

Fuck yes. Finally a per world gamemode setting. I'll install it this night. :)

10. Offline

K900

I added a tgm.* node now. Get pre-release 2 on BukkitDev. Also, approved!

11. Offline

novayuna

12. Offline

K900

13. Offline

novayuna

Thank you!

I get the following error when starting the server:
    Code:
    20:02:56 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/TGM-0.2.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    mapping values are not allowed here
    in "<reader>", line 21, column 25:
    children:
    ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchValue(ScannerImpl.java:745)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:307)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:183)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:564)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:228)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:250)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:69)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:213)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:136)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:138)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:103)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:136)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

14. Offline

K900

15. Offline

tombik

There should be great some message when you switch mode using /tgm what mode have been switched.

Btw: Really great plugin ;)

And i have got another bug. Im using PEX and i have got * in Admin group. I added tgm.* but it doesnt help. It still shows me help page with cmds. Resolution? (but i have got VIP group with single permissions and that works)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  16. Offline

novayuna

17. Offline

K900

SuperPerms == Bukkit Permissions. No other permission plugin support will be added EVAR. Also, I thought of a message, but having two messages is sad.

18. Offline

neersighted

LOL. With the pluginname.* node, that has to be added by the dev. Otherwise it does not work. Sorry for the confustion.

19. Offline

Plague

already a few plugins doing the same, but as you they will not be released until a stable Cb is out, tag me then

also, title missing version

and NEVER use a plus sign in CB tag!

20. Offline

K900

It's only a plus sign because there's no stable build. I'll test and update when it's out.

@Plague Just tested with the new RB, it's fully working.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

21. Offline

Celeixen

Um, the mods will get angry at your CB tag, i suggest you change it. Considering your "NEVER" allowed to use a + sign why would you use # and YAY?

22. Offline

K900

The YAY! was misplaced actually :) And I don't really know about #

23. Offline

GravelSocks

Works great - thanks! nb. The permissions nodes need to go in the header description. Also, you need to fix the link to make sure you are directing people to download version .2.

NOTE: Version .1 DOES NOT work correctly with permissions support for players.

Make sure you download version .2!

Link embedded in thread above: http://dev.bukkit.org/media/files/542/559/TGM-0.2.jar

24. can you add support for bpermissions because I don't know how bukkitpermissions and superperms work

25. Offline

K900

Short answer: No.
    Long answer:
    Show Spoiler
    As you all (probably) know, the Bukkit team added their own permission system (aka SuperPerms) in CraftBukkit. This system was originally designed to replace all of the permission plugins, combine their best features and remove the shortcomings. So, for me it has three main advantages:
    1) It's built in. You don't need plugins or actually anything to make it function. Also, for me as a developer, calling one function is way, way simpler than writing a lot of code to check if every other permission system out there is installed.
    2) It's simple. When you install TGM, you don't even need to set up any permissions. The system defaults to ops, so your ops will be able to use the command after a simple /reload of the server.
    3) I like its design. Though that's my personal opinion.
    Now back on topic: I will never, ever be adding support for any other permission plugin out there unless someone shows me something SuperPerms can't do and if this feature is actually needed, I'll be adding it. But as of now, I advise everyone to switch to SuperPerms and PermissionBukkit ASAP, as lots of plugins are using it already and it seems like it will be used even more in the future.
    P.S. I get lost in my thoughts sometimes when writing long texts, so if you don't understand something, ask me ;)

P.P.S. If someone wants me to reply, please, tag me, as I don't really have much time to check the forums every other hour.
    P.P.P.S. Two forks on github! Can their owners post here so I take a look at their ideas?

26. Offline

belboz

I can't get the /tgm to toggle or a /tgm c or pretty much /tgm anything to work. It just displays the command usage for tgm each time.

I have the following as my config.

Code:
    worlds:
        fly: s
        fly_nether: s
        temp: s
        temp_nether: s

I had quotes around the s's above, but when I stopped the server the file was re-written by the plugin as above.

I am an op and have myself set with " tgm.*: true" (without the quotes in the bukkitperms file).

I am probably doing something stupid. Any thougths?

27. Offline

novayuna

Try adding "tgm.self: true" and "tgm.others: true" to your admin group. "tgm.*: true" does not work for me, too (shows only the /tgm help in chat).

28. Offline

twizzlerite

Somehow, just having the 0.2 pre-release loaded prevents BukkitPermissions' own commands from working (there is no response), in-game and at the console, even with these being the only two plugins loaded. Wiping the configuration for either does not help. Weird. @K900 (not sure how to "tag"?)

29. Offline

K900

There's no .* node in the last build I posted. I'll probably do another one + Spout today. @Everyone whose permissions don't work: you're probably editing the permissions.yml file which is just a way of doing it wrong. RTFM.

So, after four days of pizza and coding, the third (yeah, I skipped 0.2) release is out!
    It brings Spout integration, some little fixes, refactoring and a finally working global permission (that was one stupid typo). Spout is a hard dependency because I'm working on some more features using it, so it will eventually become one anyway. The download link is here: https://github.com/downloads/K900/TGM/TGM-0.3.jar

30. Offline

natinusala

Yeah but no, when I type /tgm it toggles God Mode and not Gamemode =/ (tgm = toggle god mode ?)

I had to install Spout, sorry.

Edit : tgm.self isn't working =/
    Edit2 : Is your plugin compatible with Permissions 2.0 ?