Inactive [GEN] SpawnControl v0.8.3 - Per-Player/Group Spawns (Now on DevBukkit) [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Timberjaw, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Timberjaw

SpawnControl v0.8.3

Announcement:
    SpawnControl is being superseded by HomeSpawnPlus, a more advanced plugin that supports all of SC's features, and many more. Your homes and spawns can be imported directly from SpawnControl into HomeSpawnPlus.
    Feel free to contact me with questions/concerns/complaints.

Tested with CraftBukkit 1060.

DevBukkit Page: SpawnControl
    Bug Reports: SpawnControl Issue Tracker

Features:
    • Per-player /home and /sethome
    • Per-group /groupspawn
    • Precise /spawn and /setspawn override
    • Per-world global, group, and player spawns
    • [NEW] Cooldowns for /home, /sethome, /groupspawn, and /spawn
    • Optional respawn on death
    • Optional respawn on join
    • Toggles for home, groupspawn, and globalspawn features
    • Imports player homes from spawncontrol-players.properties
    • Imports group spawns from spawncontrol-groups.properties
    Details:

This is a more full-featured release by far. Group spawns and global spawn are now supported. I'm detecting 'new' players (for global spawn) by checking their group (new players will be in Default) and looking for an existing home entry. If no home entry is found, the player will be teleported to the global spawn and their home will be set to the global spawn location. If someone has a better method for detecting this, I'd love to hear it.

The following permissions are available:
    • SpawnControl.sethome.basic
    • SpawnControl.sethome.proxy
    • SpawnControl.home.basic
    • SpawnControl.spawn.use
    • SpawnControl.spawn.set
    • SpawnControl.groupspawn.use
    • SpawnControl.groupspawn.set
    • SpawnControl.CooldownExempt.* (Sub-nodes: *, home, sethome, groupspawn, spawn)
    • SpawnControl.config (for /sc_config [setting] [value])
    • SpawnControl.import (for /scimportconfig and /scimportgroupconfig)
    Dependencies:
    Installation:
    1. Download SpawnControl.jar and place it in your bukkit plugins folder
    Optional Installation Steps (for Permissions support):
    1. Download the Permissions plugin and install it
    2. Add SpawnControl entries to your Permissions config as desired
    Commands:
    • /spawn - go to global spawn
    • /setspawn - set the global spawn to your current location
    • /home - go home
    • /sethome - set your home to your current location
    • /groupspawn - go to your group spawn
    • /setgroupspawn [group] - set the group spawn for the specified group to your current location
    • /sc_config [setting] [value] - alter a configuration setting
    Settings:
    • enable_home - Enables or disables /home and /sethome (0 = disabled; 1 = enabled) [Default: 1]
    • enable_groupspawn - Enables or disables /setgroupspawn and /groupspawn (0 = disabled; 1= enabled) [Default: 1]
    • enable_globalspawn - Enables or disables /setspawn, /spawn, and /globalspawn (0 = disabled; 1 = enabled) [Default: 1]
    • behavior_death - Specifies the behavior when a player dies (0 = disabled - user returns to vanilla spawn; 1 = home; 2 = group spawn; 3 = global spawn) [Default: 3]
    • behavior_join - Specifies the behavior when a player joins the server (0 = disabled - user spawns at last position; 1 = home; 2 = group spawn; 3 = global spawn) [Default: 0]
    • behavior_spawn - Specifies the behavior of the /spawn command (0 = global spawn; 1 = group spawn; 2 = home)
    • behavior_globalspawn - EXPERIMENTAL - Specifies the behavior when setting spawn (0 = does not override map spawn, 1 = overrides map spawn)
    • cooldown_home [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /home command
    • cooldown_sethome [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /sethome command
    • cooldown_groupspawn [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /groupspawn command
    • cooldown_spawn [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /spawn and /globalspawn commands
    Downloads:

Known Issues:

• None?
    Changelog:

• 0.1 - First Bukkit release. Basic /home and /sethome support
    • 0.2 - Group and global spawns, Permissions integration
    • 0.3 - Working respawn on death; respawn on join (optional); configuration options
    • 0.4 - Updated to use new OnCommand system
    • 0.5 - Now uses PLAYER_RESPAWN; added basic multiworld support; added experimental (optional) globalspawn behavior; added missing /globalspawn command
    • 0.6 - Proper multi-world support with per-world spawns
    • 0.7 - Added command cooldowns; Permissions is now optional
    • 0.8 - Fixed multiworld spawns; recompiled against CB #617; removed deprecated method calls
    • 0.8.1 - Updated deprecated world loading method; tweaked spawn log message
    • 0.8.2 - Switched cooldown time handling from server time to system time
    • 0.8.3 - Added Hidendra's pull to support Bukkit's native permissions
    • Full changelog

Michonne, Huddl, BadgerLove and 5 others like this.
  2. Builder. It happens with anyone, no matter what group they're in. (Haven't tested with Default group yet though).

Changing the config to take them to global_spawn on death fixes it. I assume it's an issue if not every group has a group_spawn set. Perhaps check if the group they're in has a spawn and if they don't send them to the global_spawn.

3. Offline

Timberjaw

@Pawned Would you mind sharing your permissions config? My best guess right now is that it's getting a bad group name somehow.

4. Offline

ledhead900

@Timberjaw

actually yea u do see the death screen but there is a small issue with that as well, Somtimes when being sent back to world 1 No chunks load
    and instead u just die or get stuck in a void of black nothing. This one actually DOES crash the client and it will keep doing so until you remove the player file manually to reset there login.

As for the fire lava yea sure it seems to always happen if u jump into a HUGE pools of lava ur not getting back out with out a /spawn command to force u back to world 1.

If you have a min it is prob a lot easier if u test some stuff out on my server.

5. Offline

Timberjaw

@ledhead900 Connected twice, client crashed twice. :( Both times it happened after I hit T to chat, but that may have been coincidence.

6. Offline

ledhead900

strange I will restart server and set your rank higher

7. Offline

Timberjaw

@Pawned I think I've found the problem. It's a bug. Will fix.

8. Offline

ledhead900

My state has some issues with Dslams currently being unable to be serviced that might explain some traffic congestion issues and overall I noticed slightly less down speeds this past week or so.

Anyway try now!

9. Offline

Timberjaw

@ledhead900 Still no go. I don't even get into the server now before the client crashes. "String index out of range: 70"

10. Offline

ledhead900

Verry odd how u just dc like that ? usually ppl eaither get on or they cant they dont actually appear in the game they just time out everyone else has gotten on fine today.

11. Offline

Timberjaw

Looks like the troubleshooting shoe is on the other foot now. ;)

12. Offline

ledhead900

hmm string index out of range It could be colors in motd I remember that used to crash some ppl, actually necrodoom had an issue like this try using Zenexer Flight hack client it seemed to allow necro back on.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 7:05 PM ---
    well I tested the lava death again and It def does kill u and shows u the respawn screen then u hit respawn and u fall backinto the lava again and repeat death until u spawn ur self out manually with a command.

I think its you tho mate, Server console shows no errors of any kind for you, It just simply tells me you have DC and frees up the space. have a shot with Zenexers Flight hack client called Nuble

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  13. Offline

Timberjaw

@Olat Yes, you told me that already. I gave you your options. ???
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 7:11 PM ---
    @ledhead900 To confirm: if you're in the nether and you use the SpawnControl /spawn, you go back to world 0 (main world) correctly, but NOT if you die?

14. Offline

ledhead900

Correct.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 7:17 PM ---
    I'm trying fix the issue u have "string out of bounds" have not seen that in ages seems ur only one that this has happend to recently.

15. Offline

Olat

Sorry for the double post. internet lagged didnt think it went through

16. Offline

Timberjaw

Attached Files:

17. Offline

ledhead900

oh yea I remade world map spawn that might have been the issue, just try get on couple times in a min just gonna update this thing. I find it odd that your the only one that crashes like this besides Necrodoom but his was after a powerfailure and he had to use a custom client to get on.

18. Offline

Cool12309

• SpawnControl.sethome.basic
    • SpawnControl.sethome.proxy
    • SpawnControl.home.basic
    What is SpawnControl.sethome.proxy, and what's the difference between that and ".basic"(for .sethome and .home)

19. Offline

ledhead900

quite odd I never seen any one log in and error like you do my console does not even tell me its an error as far as it is concerned u dropped out.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 7:36 PM ---
    oh and behavior_globalspawn tells me "unkown configuration value" when used.

20. Offline

Timberjaw

@Cool12309 SpawnControl.sethome.proxy means: /sethome Player

i.e. setting someone else's home location. You should obviously only give that to mods/admins.

@ledhead900 Gotta be a plugin doing it. I can connect to my server here just fine. :(

Did the v0.5.2-TEST file change anything?

21. Offline

ledhead900

well in all fairness your connecting locally and so am I and I can get on mine, others were on mine eairlier today the only update was your plugin.

going to bed will test it later I installed it tho, I updated an above post on new issue as well.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 7:40 PM ---
    Try this client http://nuble.org/ one of staff had and issue he cant resolve, it wont allow his client to connect but it allows this one to just fine.

22. Works ;).

23. Offline

ledhead900

I will see what happens when i wake up probably a silly issue that will reslove with some updates during the day.

24. Ok so, sorry :)! Here is what happened: I typed in game /sc_config enable_home 0 then later one I did /home and this happened: (So again, I type /home and it just repeats /home in red letters in the chat)[​IMG]

25. Offline

ledhead900

Tested new versions same issue, I might have to fraps it for you if cannot connect.

26. Offline

Timberjaw

27. Offline

VoidingNixx

Just updated from 0.4.2 to 0.5.2, and 0.5.2 is crashing my server. Using /setspawn and /spawn (only two I've tried) is causing the server to come to a stop.

28. Offline

Kegan187

Spawn Control doesn't work with 271, at least on my server.

29. Offline

Timberjaw

@VoidingNixx What CraftBukkit version? Any errors in the console?

@Kegan187 You're going to need to be more specific.

30. Offline

Kegan187

Sorry Timber. What I ment was, the commands do not work for me. I was using CraftBukkit Build 271 and whenever me or someone else would die, we would spawn at the old spawn location. Also, the /spawn command and the /setspawn command doesn't work.

31. Offline

Timberjaw

@Kegan187 Any other plugins installed? Any error messages in the console? Are you using v0.5.2?