[GEN/SEC/ECON/TP/ADMN] Essentials - A collection of useful commands

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by EssentialsTeam, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Having trouble, could you please tell me how I can fix this?:

[INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.72:25565
    2011-07-10 20:10:28 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-904-g9277096-b953jnks (MC: 1.7.2)
    2011-07-10 20:10:28 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\Essentials.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    unacceptable character #FFFD special characters are not allowed
    in "<reader>", position 7369
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.checkPrintable(StreamReader.java:68)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.update(StreamReader.java:159)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.forward(StreamReader.java:89)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.forward(StreamReader.java:79)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.scanToNextToken(ScannerImpl.java:974)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:237)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:183)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:564)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:228)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:82)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.initialize(JavaPlugin.java:157)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:175)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:199)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:122)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:89)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-10 20:10:28 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\EssentialsChat.jar' in folder 'plugins': Essentials
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: Essentials
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:133)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:199)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:122)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
    2011-07-10 20:10:28 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\EssentialsGeoIP.jar' in folder 'plugins': Essentials
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:133)
    2011-07-10 20:10:28 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\EssentialsProtect.jar' in folder 'plugins': Essentials
    2011-07-10 20:10:28 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\EssentialsSpawn.jar' in folder 'plugins': Essentials

2. Offline

JukeboxJohnny

I'm trying to figure out how to give a specific person a different colored name. I don't want to give an entire group a color, just a name. I looked at the users config file, but didn't see a prefix entry there. Is there a way?

3. can anyone help me?
    i can't teleport between worlds?!
    please help.
    nethers are working...

4. Offline

PatPeter

Thanks, that's all I needed to know.

5. Offline

JukeboxJohnny

I am constantly getting "Missing a prefix or suffix" even after deleting all config files and starting new. This error does not allow me to use groupmanger and it's groups and users configs. What can I do to fix this? I run another server and there are no problems there.

I tired removing everything possible and it seems the culprit for this error is the EssentialsChat plugin. However, why can I still not get my groups to function properly? I have myself added to the users file, yet I'm not in the admin group.

Could it be because this plugin is simply out of date at the moment?

6. Offline

Count Buggula

Is there a way to set a message of the day that appears at dawn and dusk? Such as:

"It is a terrible night to have a curse"

or

"The morning sun has vanquished the horrible night"

7. Just to reiterate...

I suggest that users don't rely on getting answers from this thread, because essentials support is focused on IRC help.

If for some reason you cant get the answer you want on IRC (you need a developer and one isn't online for example), we also have a ticketing system, where you can report bugs, request features, and get general support.

See the opening post for the links (its the red text).

8. Offline

BIGFOOT808

PLZ DONT DELETE GROUP MANAGER PERMISSIONS IS TO DIFFICULT PLZ!!!!!!!!

9. Offline

mikeclark1234

i have a bug problem with group manager when users in the groups builder and moderator place any blocks they get
    "you do not have permission to do that" but they can still do the action. also my users cant use lifts or gates even though they have it in their config that they can i dont want to have to use other permissions plugins they are too complex :(

10. Offline

gofoufi

i just downloaded essentials and tried to set my spawn with /setspawn and it said unknown console command... then i was like 0.- so i tried /spawn and the same thing happened...everyone on my server needs that command

11. Offline

strmesko

this plugin can't support the newest version of permissions? my players cant place and use [trade] sign, but admins with '*' permission can
    used permissions for signs
    Code:
                - 'essentials.signs.create.mail*'
                - 'essentials.signs.create.trade*'
                - 'essentials.signs.create.balance*'
                - 'essentials.signs.use*'
    plugins
    essentials, lwc, falsebook, mcmmo, dynmap, world guard\edit, iconomy, xauth, gravelclay

12. Offline

Gules1

is there a way to migrate from Ownblocks to Essentials Protect?
    I don't want to put over 9000 blocks again.

(Does Essentials Protect support MultiWorld, a.k.a. The Nether?)

Did you try
    Code:
                - 'essentials.signs.create.trade.*'

using a dot?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  13. Hey i was just wondering if there was anyway to disable some commands because there is some i dont want. Thanks!

14. Offline

XXXtheGreat

I have a problem: I gave permissions to all groups to be able to use the Economy signs, but they're only able to when I /op them. However, this gives them access to commands like /tp, even though the first permission node they have is '-*'. Is there a way to fix this?

15. Offline

SpencerB

I'm just getting this too. How do you fix it?
    I've tried removing the player's IConomy and account and nothing helped.

16. Offline

strmesko

it's useless
    XXXtheGreat i have this problem too. You are use latest permisions plugin? or maybe devolepers are change sign nodes?
    We need to wait new release, which support perm 3.x

17. Offline

Bronski

Re: signs, there are (or were recently) incorrect permission nodes on the reference site. I had to switch essentials.signs.use.whatever to essentials.signs.whatever.use (or vice versa, switching the position of the last 2) in order to get them to work. Try to play with that maybe if you think this is the issue you're having.

18. Offline

Justappeard

Hi I switched the nodes but It still dsnt work I dit it like this

Code:
        - essentials.protect.use
        - essentials.signs.balance.use
        - essentials.signs.buy.use
        - essentials.signs.disposal.use
        - essentials.signs.free.use
        - essentials.signs.heal.use
        - essentials.signs.mail.use
        - essentials.signs.protection.use
        - essentials.signs.sell.use
        - essentials.signs.time.use
        - essentials.signs.trade.use
        - essentials.signs.warp.use
        - essentials.signs.weather.use

Nvm I fixd it
    Code:
    essentials.signs.balance.use
    essentials.signs.buy.use
    essentials.signs.disposal.use
    essentials.signs.free.use
    essentials.signs.heal.use
    essentials.signs.mail.use
    essentials.signs.protection.use
    essentials.signs.sell.use
    essentials.signs.time.use
    essentials.signs.trade.use
    essentials.signs.warp.use
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  19. Offline

strmesko

sign create nodse look like
    Code:
    essentials.signs.trade.create
    right?
    also
    Code:
    essentials.signs*use
    are work?

20. Offline

Micze

Constantly i cannot access any of the new commands, I have tried to block the /home command to use multihome and that hasnt worked... There seems to be no way to get any of it back

21. Offline

LolfaceMC

HELP PLZZ!
    Code:
    C:\Users\Kohli\Desktop\Minecraft Server>java -Xmx1590M -XX:ParallelGCThreads=6 -
    server -Xincgc -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacin
    g -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:M
    axGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:+UseAdap
    tiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:PermSize=128
    m -XX:LargePageSizeInBytes=7m -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui
    151 recipes
    16 achievements
    13:04:04 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.7.2
    13:04:04 [INFO] Loading properties
    13:04:04 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.125:25565
    13:04:04 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    13:04:04 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Be
    ware.
    13:04:04 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet a
    ccess, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username the
    y choose.
    13:04:04 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.set
    tings file.
    13:04:04 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-904-
    g9277096-b953jnks (MC: 1.7.2)
    13:04:05 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    13:04:05 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: 3198781)
    13:04:06 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: 875009735577905499)
    13:04:06 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 8%
    13:04:07 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Essentials v2.0.6 (Is it up to d
    ate?): BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onEnable(Essentials.java:165)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:857)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
    13:04:07 [INFO] GroupManager - INFO - Scheduled Data Saving is set for every 10
    minutes!
    13:04:07 [INFO] GroupManager version 1.0(alpha-5) is enabled!
    13:04:07 [INFO] Fake Permissions version 2.5.1 is enabled!
    13:04:07 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling EssentialsProtect v2.0.6 (Is it
    up to date?): PLAYER_ITEM
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: PLAYER_ITEM
            at com.earth2me.essentials.protect.EssentialsProtect.onEnable(Essentials
    Protect.java:51)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:857)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
    13:04:07 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsSpawn build 2.0.6 maintained by Zenexer, ementa
    lo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    13:04:07 [INFO] Done (0.228s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    >

22. Offline

EssentialsTeam

@LolfaceMC: Oh god, where did you get that ancient version of Essentials? D:

23. Offline

Sharpie-o

I allowsed the PVP in the configs of gropus and general, also server.properties, and still, users can't pvp in my server.

24. Offline

AssassinMuffins

Great Plugin, Just ive got a problem.

I used to be able to destroy blocks and place blocks before, But for some reason when i try now, It wont let me, Im pretty sure everything else works except for that. Now its really irritating me, because I was excited and everything was working.

25. Offline

Sharpie-o

I had this problem like 2 days ago. Does it says "World Destroy is Disabled"?

26. Just to reiterate...

I suggest that users don't rely on getting answers from this thread, because essentials support is focused on IRC help.

If for some reason you cant get the answer you want on IRC (you need a developer and one isn't online for example), we also have a ticketing system, where you can report bugs, request features, and get general support.

See the opening post for the links (its the red text).

27. Offline

andrewkm

Best ess support is on esper :D

28. Offline

tehMorag

The worth.yml file is fully editable right?
    And I am not 110% what the '0'= is for after of of the items...
    Is it for the item subvalue (color wool, different half steps, ect)?

Will '0' just sell them all for the price then?
    Or do I have to set each type of item to a sell price?

When my list is all set and done I will post it with equal values (worth.yml and excel file) including what you could use for a buy price :3

29. Offline

Strahan

Is there a way to jail an offline player? Pretty inconvenient. I tried editing their .dat file with NBTedit to put their pos in jail then editing their .yml to set jailed: true and jail: sj4 but the edits to YML disappear.

30. Offline

kahlilnc

So the groupmanager does not work with out essentials?