[GEN] PlgEssentials v5.0 - time, give, tp, tphere, etc. [1.4]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Plague, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Plague

PlgEssentials - Essential commands for Plague's server:
    Version: v5.0

I made this plugin for my own private server to have some basic commands under control.

As in all my plugins, you can now edit the name of commands in plugin.yml.

This will never support any permissions system, it is aimed at people using ops.txt.
    If you want them, there is a fork called AdminCmd.

Commands:
    /time day|night|dusk|dawn|<raw> OR /day
    /i OR /item (id|name) [count] [damage] [player]
    /tp (player)
    /s OR /tphere (player)
    /playerlist
    /location OR /loc
    /c OR /color (colorid|colorname)
    /more
    /msg (player) (private message)
    /strike [player]
    /weather (off|calm|rain|snow|storm) [duration]
    /mob (name)
    /repair
    /setmode (survival|creative|s|c)

Note: the creature names for /mob are CamelCase (e.g. Chicken, PigZombie). I *have* reasons for that, sorry.

Download (source code in the .jar)
    Op-only version

[​IMG]

Changelog:
    Version 5.0:
    • updated to new bukkit API
    Version 4.7:
    • added /setmode command to change game mode for the caller.
    Older versions (open)

Version 4.6:
    • added /repair command to repair any item in hand (watch out for colorables)
    Version 4.5:
    • added /mob (name) command to spawn monsters and animals
    Version 4.4:
    • fixed a bug in /msg (thanks DoodoM)
    Version 4.3:
    • /strike [player] - strikes a player with lightning (if no player given, strikes where your crosshair points)
    • /weather (off|calm|rain|snow|storm) [duration] - turn off weather (always sunny) or sets weather for a given amount of seconds (or default: 5m of bad weather 15m of good weather)
    Version 4.2:
    • fixed a bug in /item for other players (thanks Dark_Balor)
    Version 4.1:
    • /item can give to others, optional parameter [player]
    Version 4.0:
    • uses onCommand, CB 454+ compatible
    • you can edit all command names in plugin.yml/aliases:
    • added /msg command for private messages
    • code optimization
    Version 3.5:
    • added /more command (fills your hand with 64 items of what you are holding)
    • removed other features than commands (moved to PlgMisc)
    Version 3.4:
    • fixed a (possibly dangerous) bug in nick coloring
    Version 3.3:
    • fixed a bug when after respawn your name is not colored anymore
    • added coloring of slabs and doubleslabs (stone, cobblestone, sandstone, wood)
    Version 3.2:
    • Minecraft 1.3 compatible, craftbukkit 432 (actually no change needed for this)
    • slight internal code changes
    Version 3.1:
    • Updated to new craftbukkit API (300)
    Version 3.0:
    • updates for new craftbukkit API (232)
    • /item now takes block names
    • added /color to change color of wool, dyes and logs
    Version 2.2
    • bugfixes
    Version 2.1
    • Added /day alias for /time day
    • Added Login message telling how many players are on the server
    • Reformatted /location output to ## N, ## E, ## H (north, east, height)
    • Added /location line "Facing W/NW/N/NE/E/SE/S/SW"
    Version 2.0
    • added /s alias
    • new name matching
    Version 1.0
    • Initial release

2. Offline

Plague

No I have no support for it and is somewhat a different sphere of my coding right now :)

3. Offline

Benie

Download links are down/not existent.

4. Offline

Plague

Both work for me.

5. Offline

Benie

6. Offline

Plague

it's plaGue.cz and I just clicked on the link you posted and downloaded the file nicely. So this could be only temporary problem on the way.

7. Offline

Andre_9796

Working for craftbukkit buil 419, too?

8. Offline

Plague

Basically yes, because it is a build ready for 1.3, BUT the OP version will not work properly since they got a bug there, fixed in 424. If you use the non-op version it should work perfectly.

9. Offline

Andre_9796

Ok thanks

10. Offline

Trigonous

Even if you hack a monster spawner into your inventory, it will only even spawn pigs. The type of entity spawned is set after it is placed and dungeons have a separate code to choose the monster type after generation. It would require a different mod to allow you to choose the spawner type.

11. Offline

maxw3ll

okay, i can't even find the download for craftbukkit build 432, it seems that it has the most plugins working atm. can someone give me a download link to it?

12. Offline

Plague

13. Offline

Insep

Plague,

I hate to ask, but I can't seem to get this plugin working for OPs only. I see you said:

Does this mean that if I use the non-op version, only OPs will be able to use it? Or was it an implication that there would be less issues?

Get back with me please.

Regards,
    Insep

14. Offline

Plague

Ugh, could you not use formatting in the future? It's really hard to read that.

The non-op version means, that everybody can use everything. The OP version works for OPs only and if you have at least 424 it will work. Since the recommended builds are 432 and 440, no problem there.

15. Offline

Matthamatic

Thanks a TONNE. I use WorldGuard, so I don't/can't use Essentials (not recommended) and General is throwing errors like crazy.

16. Offline

Daniel Heppner

The source code is available, so when you need an update just contact me and I'll compile my own build with a changed alias.

How does this work with GroupManager?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  17. Offline

Andre_9796

which right do i give when i want to let a mod have the right to use the /i command. maybe Plgessentials.i ???

18. Offline

Plague

This mod doesn't support any kind of permissions aside from ops.txt and I don't plan on adding it.

Update

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

19. Offline

Daveyo

is this from yours? adding the colors without delete the old one

13:45:57 [INFO] <§c§c§cgholland1985§f§f§f> i think it's restored
    13:46:05 [INFO] <§c§c§c§cgholland1985§f§f§f§f> the map looks more or less accurate
    13:46:13 [INFO] <§c§c§c§c§cgholland1985§f§f§f§f§f> it was kind of a musical note

20. Offline

Plague

oh!
    Will look into it right now

Fixed, sorry about that.

21. Offline

agtwonderbread

I see that since version 2.1 there is a login message that displays how many players are currently online, is there any way to disable this? I'm currently using LoginMessage v0.5_2 for my MOTD. Thanks

22. Offline

Plague

I think it has always been there, but since you're not the first to ask, I will move the message and name coloring into a separate plugin.

23. Offline

agtwonderbread

It's not necessary to remove it, but can it be made editable? If it is could there be some extra features built into it like LoginMessage, say the extra codes to list people, place, group, etc in the MOTD? I don't want to ask too much but it would be nice to have just one plugin handle both features since General doesn't seem to be working and from what I've read Nijikokun is taking a break.

24. Offline

Plague

Of course it would be best to have it configurable, but I really make my plugins primarily for my purposes on my server and I don't really need that much configurability...
    --- merged: Feb 26, 2011 10:55 PM ---
    Updated to 3.5 which removes MOTD and colored names. Also adds /more command.

Update for compatibility with newest craftbukkit (454+) is coming next.

agtwonderbread likes this.
  25. Offline

agtwonderbread

That's completely understandable. I guess I need to teach myself some programing [​IMG]

Awesome! Thanks for the quick update. You're a gentleman and a scholar, +1 [​IMG]

26. Offline

Nipper

@Plague , Think you can add private messaging with /m or /msg Then I wont need to use the Bloated/interfering plugin essentials.

27. Offline

Daveyo

ive been very busy trying to update all these plugins I havent had a chance to say thanks for allowing us to disable motd. THANKS

28. Offline

Oldshoes

Just wanted to say thank you for the plugin! I love that it's not full of other bullshit, just has the basics.

29. Offline

DontMakeWaves

I really like the /time command in your plugin, but some of it's other commands conflict with my other plugins. Would it be to much work for you to seperate the /time command into it's own plugin? That would be really great. If you decide to do it , Thank You.

30. Offline

Plague

That is actually a good idea! Will add it.
    --- merged: Feb 27, 2011 1:35 PM ---
    I once did a personal build for someone without /time. I could make it again.
    BUT I'm gonna switch the command interface (that's internal thing of bukkit) which could enable all users to delete commands they don't want to. Just waiting on Dinnerbone to answer one question.

31. Offline

Efflixi

This plugin crashes on the latest version of craftbukkit.

Code:
    08:47:57 [SEVERE] PLAYER_COMMAND (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: PLAYER_COMMAND
            at cz.Plague.bukkit.PlgEssentials.PlgEssentials.onEnable(PlgEssentials.java:23)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:117)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:414)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:187)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:80)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)