Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

barghest

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that your Essentials.jar is only like 4 K, right? Did you try to use wget? Can't do it - the way Zenexer has it hosted prevents wget from working properly. Zenexer, it's a good thing your plugin is so good, because you know darn well that is a pain. ;)

Gotta download it in a web browser and then upload it to your server.

3. Offline

alron

Good to see that I'm not the only person who is greatly annoyed by this change.

4. Offline

Aelux

@kovk,@Incendia try what barghest has suggested first.

I've never even heard of wget lol.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 2:47 AM ---
    Dinner time, bbl.

5. Offline

ledhead900

By look of your groups permissions It suggests you READ NOTHING !, So I'm only going to say this once, Remove every single command u have there with generals. in it and don't be lazy go to the Op click the wiki link and click permissions.

It's that simple if your not sure, I Don't want to see another post with people posting permissions files with command that are not for this plugin being used and complaining why its not working.

Don't mean to be so blunt about it but would it hurt to just take a little intiative before posting.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 3:07 AM ---
    @Zenexer
    Couple things I have noted & some you have too.

Wool color < yeas strange and you can even give wool that is just messed up like on type gave me a fake wooden pickaxe that crashed the client I smell bukkit wool bug there tho.

Changelog for dev builds < Iv noticed its not updated for the dev build changes even tho the changelog is in the devbuild src dir.

Console Command conflict seems to have spread to console now as well as in Help wont work list wont work ect some other basic console stuff that shares with yours wont work, It displays "Error: In game command only" This still happend even with your bleeding edge dev test builds.

Probably not related to this but instead bukkit 158+ typing % in chat crashes client.

Suggestions
    Some sort of way to remove the defualt spawn from the world like actually get rid of it as if I was to Mcedit it and remove it kind of get rid of it. < Mainly for those of us use alternative plugins that have there own spawns. That and I still have the 300 + block protection size crap that was ment to be fixed some bukkit builds ago I have even re set the spawn since then.

6. Offline

skadabedop

What's with this not being able to do anything from the console? I get a "Error: only in-game players can use <command>"

7. Offline

Zenexer

Essentials will have the ability to switch between the normal world and the nether without any other plugins within the next hour or two.

8. Offline

Incendia

Can you use a repo system that supports wget? x.x

9. Offline

Zenexer

Incendia, wget no longer works? I thought it did :confused: If not, I'll *definitely* be fixing that. I *always* use wget.

10. Offline

alron

Here here. I second this idea.

Not being able to easily script the download sure puts a cramp in my ability to automate things. ^^

11. Offline

Kainzo

It looks to be that WARP is broken on this update. - Any chance at a fix?

12. Offline

alron

<3

13. Offline

Incendia

Yea, I'd say not xD

Code:
    stat Essentials.jar
      File: `Essentials.jar'
      Size: 4819            Blocks: 16         IO Block: 4096   regular file

14. Offline

alron

Yah, the current system requires a javascript enabled download client for the whole "guest=1" thing. Without it, you get a HTML file saying not yours, can't have. x_x

15. Offline

Zenexer

/me dies

Once I get nether working, I'll get that fixed.

16. Offline

Kainzo

Anyone else having issues with 'warps' ? on 264 i apparently cannot use any warps.

17. Offline

Zenexer

Warps are working fine for me.

18. Offline

rct2guy

So, how exactly DO you switch between worlds? Do I need to set anything up on my server before I let people do so?

19. Offline

tremor

not sure if this was asked or not, I have a particular problem with /tpa /tpahere system.

I want ONLY a VIP level and above... to be able to use /tpa style teleporting however, when they use /tpa on a lower level player it auto teleports them.. meaning I have to give the lower level player access to /tpdeny -- and if they dont do it i think /tpa auto teleports as default... could you make /tpa default to deny.. OR not even allow the teleport to a person who doesn't have the permissions also.

the point is.. i want people to work up to a VIP level.. it defeats the purpose if their buddy is VIP and then they can teleport around all they want..

20. Offline

chill1977

Take VIP away for abusing it then. You can't expect every plugin to work as you want them to, if you give someone access to a command it means you trust them to use it within your rules. If they don't then take it away.

21. Offline

barghest

I'm not sure that's a terribly good argument for not requesting features.

22. Offline

chill1977

REquesting features is fine and I hope people do but he isnt asking for a feature to be added but for it to be nerfed because it isnt working the way he wants it. teleport here is for mods and admin to teleport players t them, if you chose to give it to players and expect them not to use it to help players with lesser ranking then that's between you and them.

23. Offline

Smoke Fumus

Code:
    SEVERE: Could not load plugins/Essentials.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:65)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:117)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:82)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:48)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:167)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:154)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:106)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:202)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
            at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
            at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:131)
            at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:150)
            at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:114)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:52)
            ... 8 more

24. Offline

Aelux

I couldn't agree more.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 6:17 AM ---
    Make sure you're not using wget to download the plugin.

25. Offline

Incendia

Yep, disabling a command through the config nukes it for ALL plugins :(
    It breaks MyHome

26. Offline

Aelux

You need to read more then a few messages on this thread to figure out the solution. Many people, including myself have been telling everyone the workaround for conflicting commands.

You have 2 options. Either edit the plugin.yml file within the Essentials.jar OR use an alias for all essentials commands.

27. Offline

Incendia

Or tkelly can fix it.
    Workarounds are not really acceptable

28. Offline

Aelux

Considering bukkit isn't even in a "releaseable" state, workarounds are all we're going to have until there is a unified solution for plugins to work flawlessly together. As it is right now, any semblance of fluidity between the plugins is an illusion created by simple hacks from the plugin developers to get things to work as best they can. And by hacks, I mean automated workarounds.

29. Offline

Smoke Fumus

Ok, how the hell can i disable this stupid nether? i DO NOT need it

30. Offline

chill1977

Really and honestly, I'm tired of people saying not acceptable. If you don't like it then don't use it. Stop acting like you are paying these people to spend their time making these plugins. You don't pay them and whatever they do IMO is acceptable. Stop being jerkoffs and telling people it isnt good enough until you can do better.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 6:44 AM ---
    Don't put up a portal?

31. Offline

Zenexer

@Smoke Fumus Generate a new config, and you'll see. :p

Code:
    nether:
      enabled: false

@Incendia Workarounds are what we've got. They're what I'm stuck with, too. Craftbukkit needs to fix it or @tkelly needs to fix it: there's little that I can do. Anything that I can do would likewise be a workaround.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.