Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

Mrclean

i know how to prevent users from using commands but is it possible to remove the command from poping up when someone types /help

3. Offline

Rodr1c

Any way of changing the kits so they are only allowed once per certain amount of time? or login? It used to be that way, but maybe now its been changed?

4. Offline

KiloWhiskey

A few things...could you explain the use of the variables in motd and how do you force it to send to the next line?

Looking for this...

Welcome to My Server, <player>!
    Visit our forums at blah.com/forums
    Type /help for a list of available commands.

Also, do you have a means of adding and removing custom lines to the /help menu?

5. Offline

Ashepherdspie

Can you change the spawn size?

6. Offline

Zenexer

/help is very basic at the moment. Bukkit will soon support /help natively, so I will not be focusing heavily on its development. However, I will add a few features here and there.

The MotD does not yet support multiple lines. Variables are quite simple: in your example, the first line would be, "Welcome to My Server, {PLAYER}!" If you wanted to make the text red, you could prefix the whole line with "&c".

/kit does not yet support timers. Doing so would be stressful on server resources, but I will see what I can do. Once per login would be much more realistic.

The spawn size cannot be changed, but I would really like to add that feature sometime today.

7. Offline

fnullerbasse

Hey cool man .... I would like to use it but what build is the last one it work on ? and where can i get it ? :D

8. Hey thanks for the kit support! Great and thanks. Quick question(s) though
    is it possible to use numbers for kits? (ie: 1: 1 64) and is someone kind enough to share their kit file with me?its a pain to write every line again. Thanks

9. Offline

KiloWhiskey

Maybe you could give it multi-line with motd1:blah motd2:blah blah and so on...feeding each line one after the other.

10. Offline

Zenexer

@Silverlink If you send me your kits.txt, I'll run it through a regex to transform it into the new kit syntax.

11. Would this work?

Code:
    restricted-setspawn: true
    Will that only allow ops to use it? Because at the moment everyone can use the command and it's annoying. Why is /setspawn even given to default players anyway?

12. Offline

fnullerbasse

Could someone tell me the last build it work on ? ??? and were i could get it ????? PLZZZZ

13. @Zenexer OH GREAT THANKS!!!! What would you like? The Hey0 version or the "General Extra (whatever)" version?

14. Offline

Zenexer

15. Offline

fnullerbasse

Thanks so it work on the last build ? :D

16. Offline

Zenexer

That it does!

17. Offline

Dennis Mattei

@Zenexer Thanks so much for this, I thought my bukkit was broken because of general. its good to see mutiple plugins being worked on like this.

EDIT: Sorry already clarified

18. Offline

fnullerbasse

Can it work with groups ? and if so what plugin do i need to use for it to work with groups ? :D

19. Offline

Zenexer

@fnullerbasse You need Permissions.

@Silverlink Thanks, I'll get to work on that.

@Dennis Mattei I'm actually unsure where people get older builds. I always use the latest.

@Silverlink Might you be better off using /item and restricting the use of mod-only items with something like WorldGuard?

20. Offline

fnullerbasse

21. Offline

Zenexer

Update: /item and /give now default to a stack of 64.

22. Offline

trek_star

If the commands are only enabled for all?
    or the plugin is only for admins as with the General?

Sorry for my english:)

23. Offline

Zenexer

@trek_star You can make permissions. You can enable it for whomever you want. Use the Permissions plugin.

@Silverlink I didn't add the mod/admin-only kits, as Permissions support isn't quite that powerful yet. http://pastebin.com/LeVRV57E4

24. @Zenexer Thanks!!!!
    uhoh: "Unkown Paste ID"

How do use it with Permissions? I used GroupUsers before and that was easy but i want to go the new system but can't get it to work (time of posting)

25. Offline

Incendia

I think I've asked this once before, but does this restrict to OPs only or does it give everyone access?
    I don't want to bother setting up a permission system, I just want to set most commands to OP only

26. Offline

fnullerbasse

How do u use the oernussions plugin ? like i have it and then i whana add it to groups or is it doing that already ?

27. Offline

trek_star

How do I set up?
    Can I create an admin group and specify that somewhere?
    Is there something like this a manual or help?

28. Offline

Zenexer

@Incendia If you don't install Permissions, you can set individual commands as op or everyone. By default, most commands are op-only.

@Silverlink I tried changing the link; try again. As for Permissions, I need to document that still.

29. Offline

Incendia

How would I do that? I don't see anything in the config

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.