Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

kronflux

Granted, people need to be patient. But reporting the bugs will usually more than likely help the developer to identify the problem before looking at their code.

3. Offline

fffizzz

im not complaining, just letting them know. didnt come in acting like some of the other jerkwad douches that demand fixes for something they dont pay for :D

4. Offline

Twisted

Any chance of making /setspawn record the exact position, so you can place the spawn in a building or underground aswell as the right direction you want.

5. Offline

chill1977

It is noted and I have put in a bug report on this issue, thanks.

6. Offline

fffizzz

7. Offline

Jakebobjo

How do i get it to work with permissions i installed it and it says i dont have acces to the commands or something lol
    i also added - '*' and still doesnt work then added all commands
    still doesnt work.
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 4:28 AM ---
    How do i get it to work with permissions i installed it and it says i dont have acces to the commands or something lol
    i also added - '*' and still doesnt work then added all commands
    still doesnt work.

8. Offline

Zenexer

Lol, I can't keep up with you guys! Yikes! Is there anything immediate that I need to know about? If you are receiving errors, you need to update Craftbukkit to 210 most likely. Here's a convenient link. Also, I just fixed /time in release 133.

9. Offline

chill1977

Good work, sry we are working you too hard lol.

Sry to tell you this but I just downloaded and install the essentials, besides it still says b131 /time still give error in console lol. filing bug report now.

Forgot to add to bug report that that was tested with craftbukkit 210

10. Offline

petteyg359

CHANGELOG.TXT in the jar file doesn't match the thread title (says Update to CraftBukkit #186 (essentials 132?), where thread says 133).

11. Offline

chill1977

yeah still says b131 when it loads up as well lol, been working them too hard i guess

12. Offline

Taylor Thurlow

I'm using CB build 186 and v133 Essentials, but I can't even get the plugin to load. The JAR is all that I have in my plugins directory (no Essentials folder), but the plugin won't even create the folder itself. Any suggestions?

13. Item spawning and kit spawning doesn't work here.

Specs:
    -Essentials v133
    - CraftBukkit #186

14. Offline

Taylor Thurlow

EDIT: Seems to have fixed itself. I hate it when things go wrong, then I don't realize how I've fixed it.

15. Offline

chill1977

Actually, I had it on my pc and it loaded fine but when I uploaded it to my server it wouldnt load iChat for crap. Still trying to figure it out lol Strange part is no error or anything, tried to load it through the game and it asked if I was typing it correct like it wasnt even in the plugins folder.

16. Offline

ganzor

Thank you for the excellent plugin. There is one feature I would love to have added into Essentials if possible. I would like an easy way to customize the /help menu to display additional commands and add help menus for those commands.

One example where this would be useful is MinecartMania. I am looking for a way to add the command "/mm" to the Essentials help menu and return a list of information when the command is typed. An easy way, from the user perspective, of creating the custom help menus could be done in "help.yml" if a spot is added for user defined menus. They could follow the existing format, but add something like a "listitem" option for additional menus beyond just /help (see below for an example of what I mean).

Code:
    mm:
      description: 'List MinecraftMania block types'
      usage: '/<command>'
      aliases: minecraftmania,mmania
      listitem1: -- MinecraftMania Block Types Help --
      listitem2: High speed block = Gold block, 8x current speed
      listitem3: Slower speed block = Gravel, 1/2 current speed
      listitem4: Reverse block = Wool, reverses direction of cart
    Would this be something you would consider adding to Essentials?

17. Offline

Beatkidz

My server could really use a timer on /home and /nick

/home - because its abused in PvP
    /nick - cause its abused to quickly and used to trick other players.
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 7:20 AM ---
    Craftbukkit 210
    Essentials 133
    /time error

Code:

2011-02-02 02:17:59 [INFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] beatkidz: /time night
    Feb 2, 2011 2:17:59 AM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND to Essentials
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getTime()J
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandtime.run(Commandtime.j
    ava:26)
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsListener.onPlayerCommand(Ess
    entialsListener.java:133)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$3.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:133)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:60)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:213)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:590)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:563)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:71)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:209)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

18. Offline

jwideman

For the nick, what I would do if you're using Permissions, is create a group that is a copy of Default and remove the nick command from it. Then for those that are causing problems with the command, assign them to that group.

19. Offline

chill1977

Exactly what I did for TNT abuse, I used Guardian to make it where TNT couldnt be placed then made an identical group and made them exempt from guardians control so they could use it ;)

20. Offline

SeeD419

Good job with this dude, seems solid in build 120.

Only thing I really noticed was /time not working.

May be others, didn't do rigorous testing or anything, just worried about the 'essentials' heh

21. Offline

sharkh20

Thanks so much for adding kickall. It is so damned helpful. Now when I start getting memory errors, I can kick everyone and restart without having to worry about people losing their inventory.

22. Offline

ledhead900

Anyone know how to get dyes to work in kits, Haveing some issues with mine.

PHP:
    dyes:

delay7200
        items
    :
        - 
    35:0 64

35:1 64

35:2 38

35:3 16

35:4 64

35:5 44

35:6 44

35:7 64

35:8 64

35:9 36

35:10 36

35:11 8

35:12 4

35:13 64

35:14 64

35:15 64
    It just spawns wool plain ol wool. Since a color is a damage % I'm not sure how you do this.

23. Offline

Joeliiyy

Could you pleaseee fix the /time it has not worked for the past for builds.

Code:
    2011-02-02 19:09:54 [INFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Joeliiyy: /time
    Feb 2, 2011 7:09:54 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND to Essentials
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getTime()J
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandtime.run(Commandtime.j
    ava:26)
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsListener.onPlayerCommand(Ess
    entialsListener.java:133)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$3.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:133)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:60)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:213)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:590)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:563)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:71)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:209)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

24. Offline

SeeD419

Kickall seems off.

My mod tried it and it only kicked him, lol...

25. Offline

ledhead900

Four* yw

26. Offline

Aelux

For people abusing commands, just have a ranking system... Caution them that if they abuse any commands a certain amount of times, they'll get demoted and have to earn the rank again. To me that's a lot easier then having duplicate groups set up, plus it punishes them by removing other commands they've grown fond of.

27. Does anyone else have problem with /item not working ?

28. Offline

jwideman

I can't use item/give, or spawn/home.

29. Need more then "it doesn't work" any error logs? how does it not work? does it murder innocent people?
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 10:07 AM ---
    /tree and /bigtree are /etree and /ebigtree in 133

30. Offline

Khalysto

First off, thanks a heap for this epic plugin. When I download Essentials.jar to upgrade from 131 to 133, my server still reads as loading the 131 plugin. Is the Essentials.jar in the OP not pointing to the updated build?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.