Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

Runelynx

Its not working for me either, and lotsa posts on it so I think we're waiting on essentials to be updated w/ latest bukkit.

3. Offline

Mhalkyer

@Zenexer Any chance of ^ this happening? =)

4. Offline

Blank1268

I am not sure if this has been asked yet. But How would I go about adding these commands to different groups in the permission file?

5. Offline

ATmegaRed

I need some help please: I unfortunately disabled the Essentials Plugin by the /plugin disable command, and now i dont now to enable it again...

6. Offline

seriosbrad

By restarting your server. /plugin enable or disable commands hardly ever work, don't use them.

7. Offline

chill1977

After much testing I have verified that the build 130 of Essentials breaks the inheritance in Permissions...

8. Offline

Aelux

9. Offline

fffizzz

im getting this on /who with 131

Code:
    Jan 30, 2011 6:10:59 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND to Essentials
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: b
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandlist.run(Commandlist.java:36)
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsListener.onPlayerCommand(EssentialsListener.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.callEvent(JavaPluginLoader.java:137)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:207)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:554)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:528)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:65)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:265)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:201)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

10. Offline

pudd1nG

It may have been reported in the 50 pages that is this thread. But using /modgrp or /mod I get

pudd1nG group changed to Admins
    Error: null

At which point everyone is set to default and my permissions config.yml is reformatted to use [,{ etc

11. Offline

axebyte

same here everything was running very nice, updated to 169 bukkit for WG WE, updated the Permission, and this, /list and a few others ceased to work. error i get is the sames as the guy above. Was no changes made to config other then the updated jars, so i know it should work(since it was perfectly), just isnt now.
    I removed the updated WG,WE and ran a test just with Permissions and Ess, same issue arose. Went back check to see if any of the essentials.list commands changed, didnt see any changes. so i am at aloss..
    I reverted to the old Ess files, and its running fine on the new version of Permission. So something isnt meshing on your side or theirs not sure which.

12. Offline

chill1977

131 seems to be working fine with inheritance, thanks for pointing out the update, been so busy on the Permissions forum I didnt see it ;)

13. Offline

Superhykle

Hey, great plugin but how do i make some commands only availeble to my ops, like creating warps, ban/kick people, and I want to make /setspawn only for myself but how do I do that?

14. Offline

chill1977

That requires Permissions and setting up groups.

15. Offline

majorcyto

I have a question, how come it does "freeing up xxx.xxxxmb" or whatever when a player logs out.. after a while this starts causing lag freezes when someone logs out while its processing.

I already had the garbage collection flag running for my java then u added that and now its causes big freezes when someone logs out the longer it stays up >.> i have 30+ players

16. Offline

fffizzz

i get alot of lag when people log off also.. dont think this has ANYTHING to do with essentials though, more a bukkit issue.

17. Offline

TheArcher

Your instructions are too difficult, please simplify them.

18. Offline

majorcyto

No i checked into it fffizzzz at first i thought it was LWC, but the LWC plugin maker found out it was Essentials for me.

19. Offline

Aelux

What instructions would those be?

20. Offline

TheArcher

Adding your username to "users" gives a severe error in the command prompt. The "Configuration" page is out of order and cluttered. There is no indication on how to remove kits. Oh, and there isn't a tutorial; just random pieces of one.

21. Offline

Aelux

Well, first of all... you should never edit the users.yml file... I agree that there needs to be more information on setting it up.

Tell me what exactly do you need help with and i'll do my best to explain how to do it...

22. Offline

TheArcher

Well, how do you remove kits?

23. Offline

flaaghara

Is this plugin along with loads of others still broken past 166?
    --- merged: Jan 31, 2011 12:33 AM ---
    In the config file you get rid of the name and it's contents.

24. Offline

chill1977

kits are listed in the essentials folder on the config.yml at the bottom

25. Offline

Aelux

Do you want to remove kits or the kit command?

26. Offline

chill1977

this plugin works fine with permissions on craftbukkit 174 but yes most of the available plugins are broke

27. Offline

TheArcher

The ability to use kits.

28. Offline

Aelux

@chill1977 Do your doors work? Because on the new builds i've been having lots of problems with doors, so I reverted back to 165...

29. Offline

chill1977

Yeah they fixed the doors in 174 or at least all those i have tested

30. Offline

flaaghara

Well build 183 is out and people are still having problems with Essentials, doors, and the plugins made by tkelly so I'll stick with 166 until tkelly updates.

31. Offline

Aelux

Ok. Here's how to use kits. In your plugins\essentials folder you'll find a file called config.yml.

Scroll down a little ways and you'll see the following (if you have the default config):
    Code:
    # Note: All items MUST be followed by a quantity!
    # Times are measured in seconds.
    kits:
      tools:
        delay: 10
        items:
          - 277 1
          - 278 1
          - 279 1
    It is laid out like so:
    Code:
    kits:
     <name of kit>:
      delay: <seconds before next use>
      items:
        - <item id> <number of items>
    You can add as many items as you want per kit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.