Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

grinch843

Thanks for the info on /kill, it works like it's supposed to, didn't know that would happen when I tested it out on a friend and he lost his stuff - oops [​IMG]. As for converting the db file over, it's been slow at work today so I went thru and removed a bunch of old warps and ended up with about 20 that we actually needed so I just made new .dat files and copy/pasted the info. Anyway, I like using the /warp built into your plug-in, keeps everything simple, less maintenance I have to do . One thing I would like to see added, if possible, is that when you do a /setwarp warpname and the warp already exists, you get a msg saying the warp already exists so you don't overwrite any other warps....

Keep up the good work!!!

Grinch...

3. Offline

MatCat

Just found something odd... when using Warp Gates 1.5, as soon as you go through a portal your east-west axis gets flipped, making it say west when pointing east, and east when pointing west

4. Offline

GmK

I fear you misunderstood - if I disable the command in the config.yml, people using it get the 'You cant use that command' message, *next* to getting the /help text from the McDocs command - it is simply confusing and I would like to disable that message.

Of course - if your plugin doesnt give that message even, something else is at play ;)

Thanks for all!

5. Offline

Zenexer

Yeah, I don't think that's Essentials, @GmK ;)

@MatCat Yeah, I've heard about that. I'll look into it.

@Aelux That's an interesting point that you raise. How do we control which commands can be used on other players of lower ranks, but not on players of higher ranks? Currently, the only test for that is Player.isOp. There's no rank-based behavior at all, never mind for the teleportation commands. It's certainly something that I've been thinking about quite a bit recently.

6. Offline

Aelux

@Zenexer Is is not possible to test against the Permissions plugin permissions set? An example would be: If a user does not have 'essentials.tpdeny' or 'essentials.tpallow' then that player could be teleported to no matter what? Instead of using bukkits native API methods, can you use a permission-based attempt? I know that that doesn't solve rank-specific issues, but it does solve permission-specific ones IF, what I suggested is even possible.

7. Offline

Nate204

/tpc doesn't work for me~
    I get no console errors or anything. It acts like it's dead?
    I did nothing but update your plugin to 121, and the most revent bukkit this morning. I cant seem to get the most recent right now because the url wont work.

Here is my settings file:
    Any ideas?

I am admin and OP. /tp works fine, just not /tpc

8. Offline

chill1977

@Nate do you use Permissions?

9. Offline

Nate204

NVM, I just found the bug report, and I just saw the fix. TPC is now TPA

10. Offline

jzeta

Thanks for the response Zenexer (and anyone else who responded.) I didn't try the text editor because I thought I read in the wiki that the .yml file was not to be messed with and believed there was another way to change it indirectly. Will do though, and thanks again.

11. Offline

SeeD419

Dude...if you could add an iStick clone to this, I would love you forever...

12. Offline

Taylor Thurlow

I can't get Essentials to load. The JAR is in the plugins directory, but it never creates the Essentials folder like it used to. Latest version of CraftBukkit, latest version of Essentials.

EDIT: Appears to be working now.

EDIT2: Whenever I edit my config.yml file, it fails to load. What parts of my config (I've only changed the MOTD and rules) am I doing wrong?

Code:
    ops-name-color: 'b'
    nickname-prefix: '~'
    teleport-cooldown: 60
    heal-cooldown: 60
    default-stack-size: 64

motd:
      - '&bWelcome!'
      - '&fYou have {BALANCE} credits.'
      - '&fPlease visit &bhttp://www.pandaland.go-networks.net/ &ffor latest news and map!
      - '&fType &c/help&f for a list of commands.'
      - '&fCurrently online: {PLAYERLIST}'

rules:
      - '[1] No griefing tolerated, period.'
      - '[2] If it looks like shit, expect it to be torn down.'
      - '[3] Begging will make everyone hate you, and get you banned.'
      - '[4] Get permission before building anything near town or near others.'
      - '[5] The admins will NOT spawn you items, ever. Don't ask.'

disabled-commands:
     - nick

restricted-commands:
      - bigtree
      - item
      - give
      - heal
      - plugin
      - time
      - tp
      - tphere
      - tree

kits:
      tools:
        delay: 10
        items:
          - 277 1
          - 278 1
          - 279 1

13. Offline

Insanehero

Hey just wondering does this plugin work with colored wools for kits or does it not, because I can't seem to get it to work.

14. Offline

CmDark

@Taylor Thurlow

Code:
    ops-name-color: 'b'
    teleport-cooldown: 60
    heal-cooldown: 60

motd:
      - '&bWelcome!'
      - '&fYou have {BALANCE} credits.'
      - '&fPlease visit &bhttp://www.pandaland.go-networks.net/ &ffor latest news and map!'
      - '&fType &c/help&f for a list of commands.'
      - '&fCurrently online: {PLAYERLIST}'

rules:
      - '[1] No griefing tolerated, period.'
      - '[2] If it looks like shit, expect it to be torn down.'
      - '[3] Begging will make everyone hate you, and get you banned.'
      - '[4] Get permission before building anything near town or near others.'
      - '[5] The admins will NOT spawn you items, ever. Dont ask.'

disabled-commands:
     - nick

restricted-commands:
      - bigtree
      - item
      - give
      - heal
      - plugin
      - time
      - tp
      - tphere
      - tree

kits:
      tools:
        items:
          - 277 1
          - 278 1
          - 279 1

15. Offline

Survivorman

@Zenexer Is it possible to have certain groups to bypass teleport cooldowns? The only way I have found to do this is OP the players but it gives them access to every command in the book.

If it is not possible, please add this. I like the cooldowns but it gets in the way of what abilities mods should have.
    Also maybe the possibility of a set number of teleports per cooldown, or choosing which kind of port is effected by it.

16. Offline

chill1977

You are missing an asterik here at the end.

- '&fPlease visit &bhttp://www.pandaland.go-networks.net/ &ffor latest news and map

17. Offline

Zenexer

Just released a whole bunch of bugfixes.

18. Offline

Eris

@Zenexer I'm not dead meanwhile; I've just been "busy" hanging out with a couple good friends of mine. I do love them so. I've also been investigating SDL as a new config file format. I've written but not finished a replacement for the Settings class. I haven't committed it yet because I'm not sure it will survive my whims yet!

I feel it might be a good idea to encapsulate our use of Permissions and "restricted" commands into a new class, and I'm going to explore that in greater detail too when I get the chance. I've actually got a couple of other ideas on that front too, which would involve extensions to the Permissions plugin itself to hopefully evade both binary dependency on the plugin and the need to muck about with dynamic method invocations in one go. I'll have to look at the progress over there and see, though.

19. Offline

rct2guy

I love your mod. It has tons of great, useful commands, just like hMod used to have, and more. Unfortunatly, I'm running into a bit of a problem.

I've been trying to edit the rules and MotD, and it doesn't seem to like that. Is it because I added multiple lines onto the rules and MotD? Here's my file, and here's the error I get. Any ideas as to why it's freaking out? lol

EDIT: I am using Permissions, by the way.

20. Offline

Taylor Thurlow

Brilliant.

Thank you.

21. Offline

chill1977

Not sure where the heck that come from lmao.
    --- merged: Jan 28, 2011 5:21 AM ---
    My goodness man, those arent rules, those are paragraphs!!!

Each time it drops to another line in the yaml it's considered a new line of code and has to be enclosed with asteriks and space accordingly. I would fix it for you but... that's just crazy lol narrow that crap down.

22. Offline

Etsijä

Hmm, is there a way for the ops/admins to send mail to everyone on server? Quite often it is needed to inform all about an upcoming server restart etc.

Also would it be possible to have a command/option that every player who joins to my server as a new player get a default mail to their inbox? That would be a perfect way of telling the most important news to new players. /rules and /motd really isn't the same.

23. Offline

rct2guy

I shortened them down to only the basics (With no descriptions), and the server still kept freaking out. Any other ideas?

24. Offline

Nate204

/mail read : Shows your messages
    /mail send PLAYER MESSAGE
    /mail clear (or is it /mail delete?
    --- merged: Jan 28, 2011 6:20 AM ---
    Wow, I think I was viewing the wrong page.........
    sorry lol

25. Offline

chill1977

ok
    post the new code and I will look at it for you

26. Offline

rct2guy

27. Offline

Nate204

Everytime I type / or /anything. It tells me I have mail? Is that normal?

28. Offline

chill1977

I don't know, do you have mail? lol
    --- merged: Jan 28, 2011 7:07 AM ---
    Code:
    # This is a color code between 0-9 or a-f. Set to 'none' to disable.
    ops-name-color: 'c'

motd:
      - '&cWhy hello there, {PLAYER}&c!'
      - '&fDont do anything stupid while youre on.'

rules:
      - '[1] NO EYESORES.'
      - '[2] NO STEALING.'
      - '[3] NO ILLEGAL ITEM SPAWNING.'
      - '[4] RESPECT OTHERS PROPERTY.'
      - '[5] TELEPORT AND USE MOVECRAFT SPARINGLY.'
      - '[6] DO NOT ABUSE ADMIN RIGHTS.'
    # Disabled commands will be completelly unavailable on the server.
    disabled-commands:
      - tree
      - bigtree
      - heal
      - eco
      - sell
      - kill
      - jump
      - spawnmob
      - modgrp

# Restricted commands will only be available to ops.
    # These will have NO EFFECT if you have Permissions installed!
    # These are here only if you want something simpler than Permissions.
    restricted-commands:
      - tp

# Note: All items MUST be followed by a quantity!
    # Times are measured in seconds.
    kits:
      respawn:
        items:
          - 277 1
          - 278 1
          - 279 1
          - 50 64
    Now I feel stupid again, thanks lol

The ' in the words was throwing off the beginning and the ends of the code. Just don't add them and you should be ok.

rct2guy likes this.
  29. Offline

pabbie

30. Offline

ledhead900

Probably Im going to start disabling things and give it some testing was busy lastnight but I have the time now to do so.

31. Offline

fugue2005

please add a /i /give blacklist so i can set what players can't spawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.