Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

weirdbeard

/coords should do the trick already. The Y-axis is the vertical axis 0-128. If you are at 23 you are 23 blocks above the bottom. :)

3. Offline

cc2k

# Note: All items MUST be followed by a quantity!
    # Times are measured in seconds.
    kits:
    tools:
    delay: 10
    items:
    - 277 1
    - 278 1
    - 279 1
    glass:
    - 20 64
    - 20 64
    - 20 64
    -------------------

what does this above do?

also i need to put in pemrission essentil.command is that right?

4. Offline

zajacmp3

Plugins, are for server admins. And the bolded thing is exactly what I have meant. I think that server admins could find it handy. Did you ever had a situation that you get into the server you dreamed of playing but instead of have a good time everyone call, Admin! Admin! Admin! Situation when you could be seen as another player and be an another player on a original server (not some cracked shit) is something I lack. I really have almost no time to play, only to solve problems, and very often they are so dump that a blind and retarded hamster could solve it on his own. I think that this thing is various to admins. Unethical? If a server is unethical people just won't be playing there :) So problem solved :)

5. Offline

Etsijä

OK, I'm testing the different Permissions "user profiles" on my server, and keep getting this

Code:
    2011-01-25 21:15:10 [INFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Etsija: /kick
    25.1.2011 21:15:10 org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND to Essentials
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsListener.onPlayerCommand(EssentialsListener.java:123)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.callEvent(JavaPluginLoader.java:135)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:201)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:554)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:528)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:65)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:261)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:197)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    when trying to /kick when I belong to the Default group (which of course shouldn't be allowed), for which my settings for that group are:

Code:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: '&f'
                suffix: '&f'
                build: false
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'essentials.home'
                - 'essentials.sethome'
                - 'essentials.mail'
                - 'essentials.mail.send'
                - 'essentials.whois'
                - 'essentials.spawn'
                - 'essentials.help'
                - 'essentials.motd'
                - 'essentials.afk'
                - 'essentials.rules'
                - 'essentials.msg'
                - 'essentials.ping'
    However, typing /help on server seems to give me help for only the commands I've enabled in my permissions file for the group Default - so the permissions file is written & parsed properly I think, so Permissions is not to blame. Anyone have any clue what this is?

6. Offline

Zenexer

@ementalo Good idea. #essentials

@Aelux Thanks for helping everyone while I was away :)

@Rallerbabz In the making.

@ledhead900 and @Aelux Interesting mass mail idea. It's not the first I've heard of it, but it was impractical before. With the new wave of developers, though, I think I might just be able to do it. :D

@ledhead900 I think I'm going to keep /give the way it is for now, as it's much more efficient to keep /give and /item separate in syntax. You can set the default stack size in your config. There will be an items.db equivalent shortly. There are already quite a few short names, but I haven't released the actual database, so I'll be switching over to a database soon.

@weirdbeard I have the stub ready to go. /compass will be a quicky.

@Miech It should be on the wiki. Let me know if I need to expand it.

@lonelydime Good ideas, all added to my todo list! Death hooks don't exist yet, but it's defintiely a top priority on my list.

@weirdbeard Thanks for the /depth alternative :D

@cc2k That adds two kits, one called "tools" and the other called "glass". It's essentials.command, not essentil.command. :)

@zajacmp3 I get it! I have thought that many times. I'll definitely see what I can do. :D

@Etsijä I'll look into that. Thanks for the heads-up!

7. Offline

liquidthex

Hi, could you instruct me on how to use this functionality ?

When I attempt /item 35:6 or /item 35:8 or whatever I receive normal cloth block. Not sure what versions but just updated Essentials and Craftbukkit then tested right before posting this.

Thank you for your time & great mod!

8. Offline

Graloth

I have been using this for a while, and love it, just have 1 question/request:

Make the it possible to set spawn inside a cave/building/etc. right now you spawn on the roof if you have set it inside something. This is possible with a plugin such as SpawnControl but i preferr not having two plugins where one could do it all.

-Update-
    When i remove the motd and rules lines (not starting variable, just the text that they should contain) because i use MCDocs for my motd, rules, etc. Essentials produces this error, it only happens when motd is empty:
    Code:
    Jan 25, 2011 9:18:42 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to Essentials
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.getLines(Essentials.java:494)
        at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.getMotd(Essentials.java:488)
        at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsListener.onPlayerJoin(EssentialsListener.java:62)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.callEvent(JavaPluginLoader.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:201)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(SourceFile:121)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(SourceFile:47)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)

9. Offline

zajacmp3

@Zenexer Thanks! I will read this topic from now on :) It would make my live and live of many admins a lot more easy.

10. Offline

Dspradau

Same here. Running the MOTD via General (which does still show up).

11. Offline

Mukrakiish

I think I've got a MyHomes and Essentials Homes conflict. I gotta pull one...and I've tried deleting my Users.yml to restart the whole ordeal with either or the other. But after reboot, my users.yml gets regenerated to its original status (and /set home doesn't want to work for me either). It just keeps teleporting me back to a home that it decided for me.

No particular errors, just any command related to My Home is ignored and I get teleported back to home that I've tried to delete. Any advice?

12. Offline

Deesr

Nice Plugin.
    But I have one Problem:
    I use GroupUsers, and if I use a Essential Command it works but the usergroup shouldn't use this command... Please help!

13. Offline

Etsijä

I think actually a lot of the users (me included) are now getting the "SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to Essentials" (event changing from problem to problem) type of exceptions, so I'm thinking this is something more general...

14. Offline

Zenexer

@Etsijä It generally means that there's a bug in your configuration file. I'll try to make it more verbose--at least, more helpful, perhaps LESS verbose.

@Deesr GroupUsers has been deprecated. It would be difficult for me to provide support for it. Any chance of upgrading to Permissions?

Big update! Added warps and a cooldown timer! The cooldown configuration option is "teleport-cooldown". Specify the cooldown in seconds, as a number: "teleport-cooldown: 60" would set a 60-second cooldown for /home, /tp, /warp, etc.

15. Offline

Etsijä

Well I don't understand what I'm doing wrong then. This is my conf file:

Code:
    # This is a color code between 0-9 or a-f. Set to 'none' to disable.
    ops-name-color: 'none'
    nickname-prefix: '~'
    default-stack-size: 64

motd:
      - '&cWelcome, {PLAYER}&c!'
      - '&fType &c/help&f for a list of commands.'

rules:
      - '[1] Be respectful'
      - '[2] Be ethical'
      - '[3] Use common sense'

# Disabled commands will be completelly unavailable on the server.
    disabled-commands:
     - nick

# Restricted commands will only be available to ops.
    # These will have NO EFFECT if you have Permissions installed!
    # These are here only if you want something simpler than Permissions.
    restricted-commands:
      - bigtree
      - item
      - give
      - heal
      - plugin
      - time
      - tp
      - tphere
      - tree

kits:
      tools:
        items:
          - 277 1
          - 278 1
          - 279 1

# End of File
    As you see, I only changed in your original file the ops-name-color to 'none' because I'm handling the colouring (and other permission stuff) with iChat and Permissions. No other changes whatsoever, so I don't think this is due to erroneous conf of your plugin.

16. Offline

Starrk

Yeah I'm having the PLAYER_JOIN problem with Essentials too. No commands work ><

17. Offline

Zenexer

@Starrk and @Etsijä Can you give me a full copy of the error?

18. Offline

Etsijä

Hmm, by full copy you mean what? This is what I get to my console when trying /kick with unsufficient permissions to that (set by Permissions):

Code:
    2011-01-25 23:44:10 [INFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Etsija: /kick
    25.1.2011 23:44:10 org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND to Essentials
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsListener.onPlayerCommand(EssentialsListener.java:123)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.callEvent(JavaPluginLoader.java:135)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:554)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:528)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:65)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)

19. Offline

Zenexer

That's exactly what I mean, thanks. I'll fix it right now.

20. Offline

CmDark

Man whats with your autoconfig errors.

2011-01-25 13:47:09 [WARNING] Could not process/write configuration file.
    while scanning a simple key
    in "<reader>", line 4, column 1:
    The character(s) to prefix all n ...
    ^
    could not found expected ':'
    in "<reader>", line 5, column 1:
    ^

21. Offline

Zenexer

22. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

When I do /me something, it displays the message twice. Not sure if it's a bug from this plugin or Bukkit.

Also, can you make the name of the person turn into [AFK] <name> when they type /afk? on the list?

23. Offline

Zenexer

Looking into it and sure.

24. Offline

Graloth

Just re-downloaded it, deleted the old essentials folder so it could auto-generate the new config file, but now nothing works and i get this error in the console when starting... could you please explain how i am supposed to disable the motd and rules functionality without it causing errors?

The Error:
    Code:
    Jan 25, 2011 11:15:14 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager loadPlugins
    SEVERE: Could not load plugins/Essentials.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:83)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:117)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:82)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:43)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:153)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:140)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:177)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:81)
        ... 8 more
    Caused by: while scanning a simple key
     in "<reader>", line 13, column 1:
        The message of the day, displaye ...
        ^
    could not found expected ':'
     in "<reader>", line 14, column 1:
        motd:
        ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.stalePossibleSimpleKeys(ScannerImpl.java:400)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.needMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:231)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:182)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:564)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:228)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
        at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:62)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.<init>(JavaPlugin.java:46)
        at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.<init>(Essentials.java:38)
        ... 13 more

And my config file:
    Code:
    # A color code between 0-9 or a-f. Set to 'none' to disable.
    ops-name-color: 'none'

# The character(s) to prefix all nicknames, so that you know they are not true usernames.

# The delay, in seconds, required between /home, /tp, /warp, etc.
    teleport-cooldown: 60

# The number of items given if the quantity parameter is left out in /item or /give.
    default-stack-size: 1

The message of the day, displayed on connect and by typing /motd.
    motd:

The server rules, available by typing /rules
    rules:

# Disabled commands will be completelly unavailable on the server.
    disabled-commands:
     - nick
     - mail
     - motd
     - rules

# Restricted commands will only be available to ops.
    # These will have NO EFFECT if you have Permissions installed!
    # These are here only if you want something simpler than Permissions.
    restricted-commands:
      - bigtree
      - item
      - give
      - heal
      - plugin
      - time
      - tp
      - tphere
      - tree

kits:
      tools:
        items:
          - 277 1
          - 278 1
          - 279 1

# End of File
    please help :)

25. Offline

CmDark

@Graloth, look up a few posts. he's fixed it in an unreleased version he's still workingon

26. Offline

Zenexer

27. Offline

cc2k

28. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Are my suggestions included in it as well?

29. Offline

Zenexer

@M1sT3rM4n Not quite yet. I haven't released the next wave of features yet. Your will be included, as they revolve around playerlists and messaging. Which others were yours? I have a whole list, but no names.

30. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Oh it was just the AFK thing :p

31. Offline

Silverlink

Awesome!!! Warp is in it!!! Your great!

Hey is there a way so seperate the kits from the config?? So that i dont need to copy n paste kit bit everytime i delete the config file for the file update.

Oh can you add /. or something a repeat the last command command would be wonderfull!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.