Inactive [GEN] DefaultCommands v4.0.0 - The "default" plugin [1.4.5-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by vildaberper, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Offline

RustyDagger

only thing this plugin is missing is a regen comand to set an area back to how it was when the map was made :/

I am trying to set this up for my server but the permissions leave me with some questions the main being what is the diffence between other and all i under stand self and other but all wtf. confusing also another thing that is confusing is this bit just here im sure there are other bits like it,

- dc.create /create now in the commands list above i see no /create command at all so theres a permission for a command that the plugin dont have or dose it mean /dccreate or is it another create?

See how thats just a bit confusing and if it is the permission for the dccreate then i sure as hell dont want users having that imo the whole permissions and commands layout is a dam mess it needs cleaning up so that it is much clearer.

some thing like this would be much better:
    Code:
    command: description just enough info to determine who should have it ect.
    Requires: dc.command,dc.command.all ect.

example.
    Code:
    /dcfly (name) : defaults to self allows self or player  to fly.
    Permissions: - dc.fly.self , - dc.fly.other , - dc.fly.all

that to me is much easier to understand and results in a quick and easy install with minimal confusion.

EDIT 2

I seems you need to update the permissions list with the kicks and bans :eek: only just spotted them

2. Offline

TehMushy

Why double post btw?

AntiTW likes this.
  3. Offline

phat

Yep the reason for those corrupt entries are from me using a prior old version of mywarp that didnt save owner and world the warp belong to. Everything is working fantastic! Thanks alot for your effort, keep up the good work!

4. Offline

RustyDagger

I am also confused by the list of permissions in the world config wtf is that for why is it there and can i remove it? i user permissions 3 so why would i need that there......... also if i block tnt how to i allow a use to bypass the block like whats the permission i didnt see it listed any where?

infact there's a bunch of things that have none to very little info the plugin information needs a huge clean up and i think more people would use it.

5. Offline

Plancke

the name thing still doesn't work i got no other chat plugin got better_chat enabled but it still doesn't work to change my display name

6. Offline

WRA1mAd1no

in the fetures it mentions nicknames but it doesn't say how to set them, please help me someone!!

7. Offline

vildaberper

/name <name> [player]

@everyone
    Ok, I also noticed names stopped displaying.
    Ill fix this as soon as possible (wonder why it stopped working?). :)

8. Offline

WRA1mAd1no

9. Offline

mrossim

can we use /dcgive wood -1 for infinte wood

10. Offline

sqiddster

First off, this plugin is amazing! However, there is a matter very important to me. Is it possible to bind any of these commands to a (preferably) keyboard key OR if not, to bind them to an item (So you can right click to use).

Many thanks, sqiddster

11. Offline

RustyDagger

I love how no one ever takes the time to read my posts and answer me. it is always fun. :(
    I just need a full list of permissions is there a bypass permissions for the tnt block so i can allow vip members to use tnt?

BUG !!!!! dc.god.all dont seem to allow you to god your self only other players i gave my admins dc.god.all and i can not god myself... i inherit the permission from them.

meh i found a fix of sorts i just did dc.god.* saves alot of space in my permissions file :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  12. Offline

vildaberper

The top thing on my to do list is /bind.
    Itll bind a command to the hotbar slot in your inventory (to the tool when the bukkit hooks for inventory is fixed). :)

Backup your Config.yml and let it regenerate, the list under permissions is every permission there is.
    Ill add tnt permissions, thanks! :D

dc.god.all means that you can toggle god for more than one player at a time, not one (yourself).
    You need dc.god.self to toggle for yourself.

13. Offline

Plancke

maybe you could add something to edit the motd in-game?

14. Offline

RustyDagger

Sir I must congratulate you on having the single most F***** up permissions layout ever very well done.

Your permissions lack grouping by this i mean things like god should be grouped under some thing like:

dc.admin.god.whatever

then add some other things to the admin subsection like weather or flying

then i can take shortcuts when handing out permissions such as dc.admin.* that would save a lot of space in every 1's permission files and make installing and setting up this plugin easier. as it is your whole permissions system is not all that user friendly. information is scattered and missing.

15. Offline

vildaberper

In game config editing is coming. :)

If youre not willing to take five minutes to set up your permissions, maybe you shouldnt run a server.

Did you even notice the wiki?

AntiTW likes this.
  16. Offline

RustyDagger

the wiki dose not list the permissions at all.

and try an hour i have an 8 group setup for my server just working out what each permission did was an hour long task.

example dc.create /create that's a whole truck load of information right there about what that permission dose.

Would take 10 min of your time to set up some sub groups for the permissions and save alot of work mywarp and myhome has some of the best laid out permissions around take a lesson from them.

Im not trying to attack you because you seem to be getting all defensive i'm just saying it could be better not that its horrific how it is it is usable but just not easy.

iv been running my server since smp came out iv been around the track a few times. i also know how 10 yo server owners think.

17. Offline

vildaberper

The permissions is under permissions.

They are pretty easy to understand. Example: /fly, it is a toggleable command for players, therefore it has 'dc.fly.self' etc.

What else do you want to know? They can use /create. More info about that command is on the wiki.

Those are compleately different plugins, this handles almost everything. I will make some customiseable permission grouping soon though.
    Permissions.yml:
    dc.admin:
    - 'dc.ban'
    dc.moderator:
    - 'dc.kick.*'

etc.

WRA1mAd1no likes this.
  18. Offline

RustyDagger

@vildaberper yes i know the permissions are under the permissions spoiler but what i am saying is that the commands list and the permissions list should be 1 combined list No where in the op or the wiki is there a compined list that says straight forward this command this permission. instead i have to sit there flicking from list to list guessing witch permission goes with what command also the /stack command conflicts with worldguard but performs a totally different action since removed worldguard but that's not the point. deltree conflicts with world edit as well.

a /sort command that performs world guards /stack function would be awesome. useful for giving to vips and saving inv space.

19. Offline

Maxzilla60

How come only OPs can pick up items on the ground? And how do you change the color of some one's name?

20. Offline

vildaberper

Im just sayin', if you have to guess the nodes you didnt get the permissions system, every node is based on the command.

It doesnt conflict with worldguard sice you can edit the commands in Commands.yml. I doubt that worldguard use /dcstack. xD

Yeah, /sort is a cool idea. Ill add it. :)

21. Offline

jaytea

thats a known issue, just use the dev-build, that fixed it for me.

And I can congratulate you for the most stupid post here. This is a basic plugin that got everything a small/normal server needs. The permissions are per world and ops can do everything. The most simple thing there can be. If you need a big and complex permission system, use permissions! Nobody forces you to use this!
    Just my two cents...

AntiTW likes this.
  22. Offline

Maxzilla60

Yeah, thanks, but now the problem is that everyone on the server can do the commands and I can't change names anymore. ._."
    I'm sorry if I'm bothering. xD I'm kinda new to Bukkit.

23. Offline

Chuck67322

He's working on the nicknames...
    I had the same problem.
    @vildaberper Have an ETA?

24. Offline

titog176

defaultcommands isnt work
    hey could you help me defaultcommands isnt working for me players cant break blocks it says you do not have permission to do that in red help me i took off all plugins but Defaultcommands and still had the issue thanks!

25. Offline

RustyDagger

id say you did not give any group dc.do.worldname

26. Offline

titog176

what do u mean?
    how do i do that and thanks for the fast reply!

27. Offline

RustyDagger

add it to your permissions file..... if your not using permissions i have not the slightest clue how you could run a server.

worldname being the name of the world the folder is beside the craftbukkit.jar if you have more than 1 world you could put * where the name is or just make a line for each world.

28. Offline

titog176

ok so by adding it my permissions file you mean like :
    group:
    Defualt
    build: true
    permission :
    - dc.do.world
    like so by the way this is a fake config ignore the mistakes
    and what do u mean when u say
    worldname being the name of the world the folder is beside the craftbukkit.jar if you have more than 1 world you could put * where the name is or just make a line for each world.
    sorry for the inconvenience i am a noob.

29. Offline

RustyDagger

yes of sorts depends what your world is called it is set in the server.properties file.
    that is what needs to be on the end of the permission so mine is called playerland so my permission is
    - dc.do.playerland

Uh i kinda broke some thing and i dont know how to fix it :/ so what happend was that i started the server with 2 maps lets call them Map a and Map b

then i stopped the server and deleted map a and map b from the server and made some new maps Map C and Map D

i then started the server only to find that Map A and Map B had been created again WTF so in a rush not thinking i used /delworld Map A forgetting the remove ot delete on the end of the command puzzled as to how to get the map to come back so i could delete it fully i stopped and started the server.

only to find pretty much nothing working that's related to DC. So if i use a /dc command such as /dcfly it says its turned on as it should but dose not work with feather in hand. any alias dose not work chatformatting dose not work. pretty much the plugin is doing nothing but it is enabled. when i try to run /dc load here is the error my console spits out:

Code:
    >07:36:25 [SEVERE] null
     org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'dc' in plugin DefaultCommands v3.5.0
       at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
       at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:298)
       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:711)
       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:676)
       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:669)
       at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
     Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
       at com.vildaberper.DefaultCommands.Class.DCHome.setLocation(DCHome.java:71)
       at com.vildaberper.DefaultCommands.Class.DCHome.(DCHome.java:15)
       at com.vildaberper.DefaultCommands.Misc.setHome(Misc.java:1152)
       at com.vildaberper.DefaultCommands.SaveLoad.loadHomes(SaveLoad.java:658)
       at com.vildaberper.DefaultCommands.SaveLoad.loadAll(SaveLoad.java:59)
       at com.vildaberper.DefaultCommands.Command.Dc.dc(Dc.java:36)
       at com.vildaberper.DefaultCommands.DefaultCommands.onCommand(DefaultCommands.java:255)

Console Dump Provided by the live console read out from my awesome host GSVerse.net

EDIT Seemd to of fixed this I deleted the whole Default commands folder it was a bad file some where no doubt Atleast i can tell you how i created a corrupt file of sorts.

The fact of the matter is How Do you add a preexisting world i have a world from before i used default commands how do i make it so it loads it on start up ect. just make a folder int he worlds subfolder for it? with the files?

Bunch of requests.

how come give command dose not support -1 stacks they are very handy i guess thats what creative mode is for :/

Could you please change the heal command to default to your self if no player is specified may also need to change its format to /heal num name Seems a bit wrong that way i know other wise im not sure how you would handle no input for the first bit maybe just make a bit called me so i could use /heal me 10 that would be awesome and it would no clash because I think minecraft names have to be at least 3 char.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  30. Offline

titog176

heres my permissions config...
    groups:
    Citizen:
    default: false
    info:
    prefix: ''
    suffix: ''
    build: true
    inheritance: