[FUN] ZombieSurvival-R3.4 [1.5.1]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Bjornke, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Offline

MikeTrooper

I Like The plugin, but i crossed a problem where when i use [/zsa-door] and place down the door the door breaks and disapears, [not the problem] but when the game ends the door is completely gone. Is this Normal?

2. Offline

EoVKenny

I also have a problem with the doors. When I set the sign: zombie door
    test
    The doors don't open. Did I do something wrong? *The Sign is right next to do the door, With the config on find radius 6*

3. You have to place down the physical block(or dorr if yoru using one) then define the blocks for the plugin to remove.

YOu don;t need that sign to make a door go away with waves you only need the /zsa-door command after you have built the thing you want it to take away.

4. Offline

MythicCynic

Thanks mate, keep up the good work

5. Offline

DeamonZ

Some suggestions:
    - make an area with polygon selection/worledit, protect it and make minecraft itself dont spawn monsters
    - reset doors
    - return gamemode and items after game finished
    - make zombies that spawn invinsible for sunlight.
    - add debrisses, blocks you can make disappear when bought
    - add red wool ability: cant enter this area incase zombies spawn outside the building
    - blocks zombies can destroy and you can rebuild like call of duty
    - spout gui with current perks and waves
    these ideas are based on a map i made from the famous call of duty map Nacht der Untoten

6. Oh and what exactly is a "special action block"? and can I use it as a power switch in Kino Der Toten? Or even a teleporter? if so how?

7. Offline

weehugheses

I got my map all loaded and stuff but everytime i kill a zombie it just comes up " Naughty boy , back to spawn " doesnt seem to be spawn killing cos it happens randomly. any help ?

8. Offline

Bjornke

KEY:
    RED - terrible idea
    GREEN - already a feature
    ORANGE - not bad ideas

Doors do reset after each game IF you set them up correctly. You must use /zsa-door <name> <wave> then click BOTH blocks of a door (doors are actually two blocks) or click all blocks you wish to be doors (can be any block)

You can already purchase doors by putting a sign next to already defined doors!

If you turn all-hurt off in the config, the zombies will not be hurt by sunlight.

It means you're not actually in the game.

1. Is the map defined in your MAIN world (the regular world that you spawn into, no mulitverse crap)
    2. Are you JOINING the map? Did you /join <game> or right click a stats sign for the map?

You can't just run up to the zombies and kill them. If the zombie is a game zombie and you kill one without being in the game the zombie belongs to you you will be transported back to spawn (this is to prevent non-game members from messing with the game)

You can't just start a game with /zs-start <game> unless you're already a member of the game. You SHOULD be teleported to the creation point of the game (the block you selected with /zs-create) if you successfully joined the game.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  9. Offline

imjustin44

i was just wondering, when i create a game and it asks for a max wave, what do i put for unlimited waves? And for the zombie multiplier, do i just type 1.5 or something like that?

10. Offline

Bjornke

Zombie multiplier works in large didgits, i.e. 50, 75, 500 not small digits.
    For a small map(1-4 players) I recommend 20-50
    For a medium map(5-10 players) 51-200
    Large map(11-20 players) maybe 201-500
    and so on... Hopefully that helps

Because of java limitations, there can be no "infinite waves" The actual maximum number of waves is 65,536

So if you want infinite waves, just punch in a number that is ridiculously high.

11. Offline

imjustin44

Ok thanks that clears it up

12. Offline

weehugheses

Thanks its all set and working now :D got it running on a tekkit server its such a good add on to the same old minecraft stuff.

13. Offline

Bjornke

Glad it's working good now :)

14. Offline

imjustin44

In the config for the mystery box, how do you separate the different items? With a space, or a comma?

15. Offline

Bjornke

Example mysterybox config:

Code:
    mysterybox-items:
    They are item id numbers.

16. Offline

CraftyMclovin

hi i have a problem.. if i set zombie-spawn wave 1 then zombie-spawn wave 2 20 blocks away when i am on wave 2 the zombies still spawn at the spawn point i set for wave 1...?

and i keep getting this error code?
    Code:
    23:00:55 [INFO] [ZombieSurvival] playerGame p = null
    23:00:55 [SEVERE] Could not pass event EntityDeathEvent to ZombieSurvival
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:332)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:62)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:477)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:462)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callEntityDeathEvent(C
    raftEventFactory.java:299)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.dropDeathLoot(EntityLiving.java:818
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.die(EntityLiving.java:767)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.damageEntity(EntityLiving.java:663)

at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.damageEntity(EntityMonster.java:38
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityArrow.h_(EntityArrow.java:222)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1239)
            at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:4
    98)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1221)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1119)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:567)
            at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.q(DedicatedServer.java:212)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.p(MinecraftServer.java:476)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:408)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.bjornke.zombiesurvival.main.onZombieDeath(main.java:1867)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor63.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:330)
            ... 18 more
    please help!

17. Offline

Bjornke

You're either not in-game or doing seriously stupid to get a p = null error, and zombies will continue to spawn from spawns from earlier waves. They don't get turned off. They just get turned on when that wave is reached and stay on till the end of the game.

Also make sure you are using the latest version.

By the way, you are the first person to EVER get the p = null bug so I would suggest doing things like this because somewhere along the lines you're messing up:

MAKE SURE YOU'RE ON LATEST VERSION
    1. Make the game with /zs-create in MAIN world (multi-world support not in this version)
    2. Create zombie spawns with /zsa-spawn <game name> <wave>
    3. Join the map with /join <game name>
    4. Play

18. Offline

CraftyMclovin

okay that clears the spawn issue.. as for p = null i feel so special to be the only one EVER to get this lol.

i am using the latest version and as for the steps, 1.2.3.4 the only thing i have been doing different is making a sign with (zombie stats [game name]) and right clicking the sign to begin the game instead of /join.

but when i am marking out the spawns and doors i keep getting the returned to normal message just after i left click a block/door.

19. Offline

Wiinick

This is ALOT to ask, but how do you feel about handing out a portion of the source code. Here is an OLD video of what I am working on. I need the infinite zombie agro AI.

20. Offline

imjustin44

Now all of a sudden every time i start my server it resets my config file back to default! Any ideas whats happening?

21. Offline

CraftyMclovin

okay so when i set the doors then start the game and buy them, Then after the game has ended the doors don't come back? i tried this with iron doors because wooden doors are no good cause you can just open them at any time. :( i have made sure i select both half's of the door and i have made sure its done properly.. but some times only half the door returns after the game most of the time no doors return.

and pictures are removed when i restart the server.. i have tested it and its deffo this plugin that causes the error.. the pictures are placed i restart the server then they are gone.. i took the plugin out repeated the steps and the pictures stayed where they where.

also is there anyway to turn off or change the amount of points deducted for "friendly fire" ?

regards crafty.

22. you have something wrong in your config or your are trying to edit the config while the server is running. Pastebin your config you are trying to edit it to or run it through a yml parser.

23. Offline

Bjornke

Here's how to edit config:

While server is running: edit config, then in-game type /zs-reload

While server is off: edit, save, turn server back on

DO NOT USE /RELOAD
    DO NOT EDIT IN-GAME WITH USING /ZS-RELOAD

I've never had a problem with pictures, so this is very strange. Also no where in the source code do pictures ever get called. Absolutely no-where.

As for your door issue, I also have no issue with doors. Maybe the doors are failing to reset because it's a door. try it using another block like stone or iron-bars. those reset just fine. Bukkit might be failing the door place if it detects just half a door block (causing a door to pop-out) etc.

CraftyMclovin

Sorry to be such a downer but I get the strangest feeling something on your end is seriously messed up because you've had a but load of problems that I cannot duplicate and you were the only person ever to get p = null. Are you using a NORMAL bukkit server/ No tekkit, Craftbukkit++, Spigot, etc. crap? Is your bukkit server updated? What plugins are you using?

Also when marking out spawns, etc. make sure you're not in a zombie game when you're doing it, and make sure you're using the command correctly, and following the green text prompt that comes us (left click to select, right click to escape)

All commands (except for a handful) require the correct case-sensitive name of the game you're adding to:

/zsa-spawn example_game 1

usage: /zsa-spawn <game name> <wave number>

Wiinick

You're video looks like you're using Tribu, why not just use this plugin :p
    You'll find this one is faster, easier to setup, and uses less system resources. Also it's far less buggy. Recent updates of Tribu have been riddled with giant bugs and such. Any bugs in this one are small and will be fixed very soon once I can duplicated it and find the source :)

And to answer your question, no, I will not release the source for infinite aggro. Tribu makes his zombies way overly complex and I do not yet they work better than his, and use less memory per zombie and less CPU

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

24. Offline

H@t3r

DUDE I LOVE THIS PLUGIN! It's so awesome :)

Although sometimes I get online player count in /stats as negative? Seems to happen when players are kicked by NoCheatPlus though.

25. Offline

CraftyMclovin

yeah i am using a normal bukkit server with craftbukkit-1.3.1.. i have done a few tests and it is working okay at the moment, i replaced all the doors with blocks that now return after the game, the zombies are spawning where they should and i'm not getting any errors.. but the pictures are still disappearing on server restart.. and it only happens when this plugin is on my plugins directory.. the plugins i am using just now are,

PVPGun, WorldEdit, ZombieSurvival, Colors, Backup, BKCommonLib, Vault, ScheduledAnnouncer2, PermissionsEx, Modifyworld, Quester, LWC, WorldGuard, RemoteToolkitPlugin, Essentials, ChatManager, EssentialsSpawn, OnTime, AncientRPG, BOSEconomy, ChestShop, AntiCheat

I have another problem now :( its just my luck,

Code:
    16:47:39 [INFO] [ZombieSurvival] Starting game: zombie-island
    16:47:52 [INFO] [ZombieSurvival] Zombie despawned, enforcing correction.
    16:47:53 [WARNING] CraftyMcloving moved wrongly!
    16:47:56 [INFO] [ZombieSurvival] Zombie despawned, enforcing correction.
    16:47:56 [INFO] [ZombieSurvival] Zombie despawned, enforcing correction.
    16:48:15 [INFO] <[Mod!] -ryudude> If its not one thing
    16:48:19 [INFO] <[Mod!] -ryudude> its the other =P
    16:48:20 [INFO] <[Owner] -CraftyMcloving> okay yeah something is wrong...
    16:48:32 [INFO] [ZombieSurvival] Zombie despawned, enforcing correction.
    16:48:32 [INFO] [ZombieSurvival] Zombie despawned, enforcing correction.
    16:48:36 [INFO] [ZombieSurvival] Zombie despawned, enforcing correction.
    16:48:44 [INFO] [ZombieSurvival] Zombie despawned, enforcing correction.
    also how do i get the waiting area to work so there is a countdown before the game starts? because at the moment one person joins.. nothing happens, second person joins and you get put straight into game with no pre-game wait/countdown?

I'm so sorry for all the error reports and problems.. but you should look at it as its all for the better for you plugin because if it happens again to someone else you will know exactly what to do.

Kindest Regards
    Crafty

26. Offline

Bjornke

Yes I will for sure still look at everything. I always do, even if I can;t duplicate it, I still look for the errors. As for the pictures being removed, I'm not have a clue why that it, that's the strangest thing ever. I will be looking into it.

Also as a side note, if anyone else is getting this bug where pictures are removed please speak up. :)

It might be a plugin mis-compatibility issue too. It's an idea, may or may not be the issue but WorldGuard and my plugin don't like each other sometimes and it could possibly be that. I haven't tested compatibility with other plugins so it's an idea. I'll still check for other causes.

Also, the zombie despawning isn't a bug. Bukkit automatically despawns a zombie if it's too far away from a user and there is no possible way to fix this. I've tried. So I just check to make sure they're still alive and if they aren't it will determine if it should respawn the zombie, or if it should count it as a killed zombie.

It prints to console just so you can see. Bigger maps tend to run into this issue. Smaller maps may never see zombies despawning. If there was a way that I could force zombies to continue without being despawned I would, but I cannot. So this isn't a bug, rather just a conflict of interest between the game and how minecraft handles mobs. :) If you guys think the console message is annoying I can remove it, it's just there for whatever's purpose.

As for countdowns - the game automatically starts, there is currently no "countdown" before games start. Waiting areas are used if the player dies. Say for example - if a player has died they get sent to the waiting area to wait for the next wave. Then they respawn when the wave is reached. However if the game has not started it will automatically start once the min-player-count is reached. Hopefully that clears that up :)

As for your other issues, I will be looking into them to see what might be the causes. If I can't figure it out, I'm not sure what i'll do (bang my head on my desk) but I'll still be looking. Cheers mate, hope everything else is working fine. Sorry you're having so many issues. Might try isolating it and running the server with just ZombieSurvival. This might help if it's a plugin conflict. If the errors still occur then, please tell.

27. Offline

H@t3r

I also get the pictures bug, happens when a game ends. It is strange so not sure why, I tried running just as ZombieSurvival.

However regular dors like wood doors reset fine for me. Iron doors reset so sometimes just bottom half there or there's a drop where it should have been. Doesn't bother me though, I like using normal blocks anyways.

Still an awesome plugin though :) Runs really smooth. Thanks for all hard work. :) It is my favorite zombie plugin. I've tried a few.

28. Offline

CraftyMclovin

Bjornke:
    watch, hope this helps a little..

and the issue with the zombies de spawning, the do it when i am standing right next to the spawn.. wave one of zombies come out and i stay in the same spot but wave 2 never come.. ?

We have just discovered that it also takes away minecarts on shut down... someone made a continues train station where the carts go round in a loop and never disappear but when i restart the server all his mincarts have vanished :( don't know if this helps the issue because its not just pictures that are affected.

29. Offline

GoTheRedSox

wow. i am actually really surprised at how good this plugin looks. i will give it a try right away :p

30. Offline

Wiinick

Bjornke Oh, well im a tester for tribu, not official or anything but I talk to the dev and tell him the bugs and such. The only reason i dont use this plugin is that it doesnt have spawn signs. Nor Buy signs(Buy specified Kits or items) or Pay signs(Allows the press of a button upon having enough money). My tribu setup as you saw in that video which is way outdated btw(MANY updates have been made like zombie amount), is based on where the player is. IE- if they are in a room, those spawns are activated via falsebook player detection. And upon leaving the stage, everything resets, doors close, curtains close, power turns off, etc. Here is a link to the site showing updates. Who knows maybe someone can make it compatible with this plugin. https://sites.google.com/site/kinodertotenminecraft/(once updated many bugs will be fixed.)