[FUN] ZombieSurvival-R3.4 [1.5.1]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Bjornke, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Offline

Bobtch

I think I might have stumbled upon a very severe bug. It's connected to the video above.

So, if you can leave the arena with the inventory from ZS still loaded, you can actually keep an item with modified damage (?!). Not completely sure, but your signs use damage factor, and if I can walk out of there w/o inventory reset (which deletes any items that use ZS slots) - this means I should be able to keep a sword with, say, 50 damage? I will test this now and update my post when ready.

EDIT: Tested it with 50 damage iron sword, it seems to deal the same damage as a normal one. Also, I had an INSTANT KILL outside of the arena, it didn't have any effect on another player.

2. Offline

jazzman170

i have my swords set up with the meta data because its the only way the signs are selling me the sword lol, if i have a sign set up like this:

It says i have it configured wrong, contact admin (or whatever that msg is haha)

However if i have it set up like so:
    267:1

Then it works. And the swords still do the default dmg, which is good for me haha.

3. Offline

loopyd

also damage value dosnt mean how mush damage the thing does its the way to determine a type of something like wool would be 44(i think) but black wool would be 44:1 (probally not :1 but u get what im saying) this is useful for perk-a-colas and other machines and also if u dont want 44:1 u can do 44:0 to get white wool

damage value is not how much damage it does but a variation of an item for example and iron sword with dsmsge vslue 0 is just an iron sword and becuase there are no variations of an iron sword it stays the same no matter what but wool for example if u put wool with a damage value of 0 u ge white wool and with a damage value of 1 u get black wool so u get it now this can be used for potion for example a potions data value is 373 but tht gives u awkward potion but say u want strength for a double tap well if u goto the minecraft wiki u will see the potions damage values there f u search up potions or splash potions so if the damage value of a potion of stength 2 extended is
    8297 then u put 373:
    8297 and u have a strength poton

i dotn know what happened at the end there but if damage value is 8297 then put 373:8297 on ur sign

now u can understand that this is not a bug but simply an improvement allowing u to enclude potions

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  4. Offline

Bjornke

:mad: there shall be no more arguing on this thread.

As for everyone posting about issues bugs: 3.1 will include a number of fixes however I decided to rewrite most of the plugin so 3.1 may take some time to finish.

5. Offline

loopyd

willwe jave to remake our games

6. Offline

jazzman170

i agree bjornke ^_^

7. Offline

Bobtch

Bjornke, thanks for your efforts in improving the plugin, appreciate it. So far I tested almost everything and the 'major' list of bugs is :

- Inventory: Ordinary items disappear upon teleporting out of the arena (using commands as /spawn). It appears that it's possible to 'recall' certain lost items after buying any ZS item in a new game. (So if I bought an Iron Sword, a Bow, some Arrows and a Heal Pot previous game, and lost them - sometimes the bow,arrows and pot will appear after buying an iron sword next game) Furthermore, sometimes players can also enter the arena with their own weapon ( I think it has something to do with the switching of inventories, losing an item and having it reappear in another game), which makes them overpowered and able to 1-hit and knockback like crazy.

- Doors: I couldn't manage installing a door anywhere, anyhow. Tried everything - using an already created door (both types), using a blank block, removing and re-adding doors... Nothing worked - players could always unlock the Level Door. At times an iron window would appear, making it impossible to progress. My whole idea was to have different Zombie Rooms, having each door open after certain waves' endings. Isn't that the original door idea?

- Spawns: I am not sure if it was intended as it is, but I'd love to be able to have different spawn markers activate for different waves. As it is right now, all spawns activate at the same time (or they follow some progression), but it's impossible to have only CERTAIN spawns activate for certain waves.

- Configuration: More options are always welcome! I'd like to have more control over drops, the type of NPC spawns, ability to modify separate wave damage factors. My players managed to abuse the plugin a lot by using /spawn with an inventory full of potions and giving them away to their friends/keeping them, while these items are supposed to disappear. The point is that they drop A LOT, and I am not sure how to control that. (the best I could do is switch these items with Cakes, using the message 'The cake is not a lie', while they can't actually eat it in the arena. trolling them is fun)

- NPC Behaviour: Most of the zombies, for some reason, don't actually deal damage. I've had scenarios where I just stand in the middle and take no damage, perhaps because a bunch of mobs can't actually reach my hitbox due to their own 'mass'. It's possible to kite them forever in somewhat small spaces.

- Vote functionality: Haven't tested this myself, since I don't use any of the automation features, but rumor has it that it doesn't work.

I think the plugin has a lot of potential, players are enjoying it and I had tons of fun making custom maps for it. Better functionality will basically make it a gem to have. I imagine having a huge map with different levels, mob types and challenges, and I hope that will become possible soon :p

keep up the good work and thanks

loopyd likes this.
  8. Offline

loopyd

please EDIT in the bug where when it comes time to vote for a map it wont work go test this for a full description of what happens but it wont work for me it just keep saying time to vote time to vote.... and u cant use /vote

me too adn the forum is a happier place :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

jazzman170

And on this day, diamond blocks rained from the sky! And the economy was ruined!" lol

10. Offline

loopyd

Can u add an actual known bug list so ppl know if its a bug or thre server and a planed feature list

11. Offline

Quinlan102

My server keeps saying
    permission system error: groupmanager returned null

12. Offline

loopyd

i still havnt seen any mention of how to use repair signs

13. Offline

Bobtch

Any update on a new update? :D

14. Offline

loopyd

i was just wondering do u have a server running it becuase id like to check out diffrent servers tht run this plugin to see how to improve mine or how to add features that maybe i havnt got on mine

15. Offline

Bjornke

3.1 will include many changes. Here is the update on progress:

50% completed with all of the new features tested and bug free. Rewrite of complete code will take some time however.

Bobtch and loopyd like this.
  16. Offline

Bobtch

Yeah, I've got mine running during late nights too - 78.83.61.206:25565
    Everyone there is Bulgarian, so don't expect to understand most of it, just go to /warp zombie and use the sign. That's my second map there, I'm willing to rework it and make one with proper traps and whatnot. But there are problems - some traps could be abused against the actual zombies (like a trapdoor on the ground).

Glad to hear an update is coming!

17. Offline

Semirotta

Here is my plan, could you read it and tell me if it is possible:
    World used: Nether , on top of the bedrock.
    Create RUN-THROUGH "map" which has obstacles, puzzles etc.
    Lobby
    Spawn points for zombies on the way to the end of the "map"
    Finish line

Does this affect normal worlds zombies aggroing ? or any other mobs there?

18. Offline

loopyd

Can we get an early changelog

19. Offline

MaccamatBux

Can someone who knows how to set up this plugin make a tutorial because im stuck on what to do. Thanks :)

20. Offline

loopyd

i didmake one but i lost it and ill redo it when 3.1 comes out

21. Offline

MaccamatBux

Thanks! :D

loopyd likes this.
  22. Offline

loopyd

ill make one now for this one but the new realease might hinder it pointless

23. Offline

MaccamatBux

Ok cool.

24. Offline

mrbell11

Make a Video for you if you can add me for a little help because im not perfectly sure about some of the permissions but otherwise it looks pretty strait forward Just one Question do i get the credit for making the video i can probably make the video wednesday and all of the other days so please wright me back and add me on skype if you have one my skype is mrbell11Mc or Jared_michaelis if you dont have skype than email me my email is HadyeTm@gmail.com i hope i can help you

Mrbell11 :)

25. Offline

Ebins

I would LOVE a tutorial posted on this. I have the plugin loading on my server but haven't set up an arena yet. I'm going to wait until the re-vamped plugin is posted and hope that you post a tutorial along with it.

26. Offline

Bobtch

Yeah, it's a good idea to wait until the update is done. The tutorial is basically situated within the commands list. It's quite self-explanatory, but some parts just don't work properly and that makes it confusing. I'll try to write a short walk-trough, might even make a video when the new version comes out. My players are asking for the zombie arena daily, they can't wait either. :)

27. Offline

LTFRANTZ

I'm getting this error, running CB 1.4.7 with the latest version of this mod.
    Code:
    15:10:43 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/zombiesurvival-R3.0.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/v1_4_6/EntityLiving
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:184)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:305)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:239)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.PlayerList.<init>(PlayerList.java:52)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:11)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:104)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:399)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:849)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/v1_4_6/EntityLiving
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:173)
        ... 9 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.EntityLiving
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass0(PluginClassLoader.java:70)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:53)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
        ... 12 more

28. Offline

Bjornke

Revamped version will need you to remake all of your arenas so be prepared!

Edit: On a side note, there will be revive and spawn to door linking capabilities as well as a more straight forward documentation on how to use the plugin.

I would absolutely LOVE to have 10 or so testers before it is released so we can add/modify/etc. anything to make the plugin work best for YOU.

If you'd like to be a tester, please by all mean PM me!

29. Offline

Bjornke

3.1 development builds available HERE!

30. Offline

loopyd

ive startd my tut on 3.1 dev 3

im begging you how do u use revive and barricade signs plz tell me