Inactive [FUN/TP/MECH]PortalStick v2.3.7 - Portal gun in minecraft [1.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matejdro, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Offline

matejdro

PortalStick
    Authors: matejdro and oliverw92

Have you ever wanted to have portal gun in minecraft? Have you ever wanted to make your own portal test chambers and make your friends solve it? Now you can do this!

PortalStick is plugin that tries to emulate Portal Gun as close as possible in Minecraft without client mods.

Demonstration video of the plugin:

(map from the above video: CLICK)

Shorter demonstration video created by user of the plugin (sorry, can't remember name right now.):

See BukkitDev page for more information and download links: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/portalstick/
    (you can use your minecraft forum username and password on BukkitDev)

2. Offline

oliverw92

I can fix that - I'll just make it force close the players inventory when they go through a grill.

3. Offline

xZise

We are getting the error message, that we cannot do this (= using stick) in this world. What do I have to change to do this? I have admin rights (= *) and can do everything but not creating portals.

Fabian

4. Offline

oliverw92

Have you added your worlds to enabled-worlds

5. Offline

xZise

That was the trick.

Fabian

6. Offline

Windwaker

Hmm... didn't seem to work for me...

I will try it again.

7. Yeah, it's because the ID stays the same, but the damage value changes, i don't know why bukkit always has so much trouble with these things like the 'damage values'.

Also i wish i could help you develop too, but i have no java knowledge whatsoever.
    (i have never looked around on the normal forum's here, so i don't know if there's a tut) .

8. Offline

i_am_the_doctor

fucking awesome mod :D, buuuuut when i edit the .config and try to load a different map than the original one i started on my server itll spam "you can not do that on this world" when ever you do anything, like place a block, swing a sword, ect... ideas why its saying that? i am running on bukkit 740 with no permissions or anything that prevents stuff like not allowing you to place blocks(home server with a few mates fuckin about)

still fucking awesome when it works!!!

9. Offline

Brvtvs

I just started using this, it is certainly one of the most well made plugins I have ever used. The set_velocity works like a charm, so cool.

10. Offline

L0rdLogan

Man, I'm goint to try this as soon as i get home :)

11. Offline

matejdro

@i_am_the_doctor enter name of your new map into EnabledWorlds setting.

12. Offline

moonjokes

Awesome plugin.

I have a request. Not sure if you can do this. When trying to shoot a portal through a hole with redstone on the block it doesn't go through. Could you make redstone work like windows where it's allowed to go through?

EDIT: Also I like the grill but I am currently using a different plugin to make my own grill because of the way you have it. I would prefer it to just be activated no matter what after built. Maybe you could talk to the guy who made "Item detector" and change it up? thanks

13. Offline

matejdro

You may change transparent blocks in config.

14. Offline

moonjokes

I can not change the transparent block of redstone itself. I tried and it changes nothing. I have redstone on the ground going up onto a block. Above the block is empty space, but on top of the block is redstone. I can not shoot through the open space.

15. Offline

matejdro

You need to add redston wire block (55), not redstone item.

16. Offline

moonjokes

okay awesome thank you very much. I didn't even know there was a specific code for the wire.

17. Offline

majorcyto

You should add the "gels" from Portal 2.

Orange wool block = speed gel
    white/gray wool = portal acceptable gel
    blue wool = bouncy gel :3

18. Offline

triarry

or red and light blue, since the portals themselves are blue and orange.

19. Offline

majorcyto

True i forgot about that sorry lol

20. Offline

Chites

the white gel/moon rock/portal acceptal gel is, I'm sorry, a stupid idea. It's the same as telling it what material a portal can go on.

21. Offline

majorcyto

Ok thats fine lol.. i was just suggesting mimicing the game. You could have worded that better. The blue and orange gel how ever is useful.

Also, can i recommend allowing iron blocks to be able to disable damage when being worn. (Since you know you wear iron something.. in the game lol)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  22. Offline

oliverw92

Both liquids through portals and anti-damage boots are all planned. Right now we are working on a huge update that will introduce portal regions, any size and direction grills (can be horizontal, vertical, diamond shaped), persistent emancipation grills (stay over restarts) and the new config system for all this.

23. Offline

majorcyto

omg :eek:! Those are allll of the features i requested LOL thank you so much im so happy right now x.x my apeture science world is going to become a reality >;O

24. Offline

matejdro

Gells are planned, or actually "gel blocks". But it's long term plan.

25. Offline

Gabriel Moon

Thank you sooooo much for puting our video on the main page!!!!

26. Offline

matejdro

np :)

I like to reward good work.

27. Offline

xZise

And you couldn't finish the final battle. Sorry but it is stupid idea of ignoring this feature. Instead of white wool, I suggest, that if the white gel hits the wall/ground/ceiling it turn into a “portable” item. Maybe configureable in the config.

And I have one featurerequest: Could you add larger emancipation grills?

Fabian

28. Offline

matejdro

Larger grills are in the works

@xZise You are forgetting that this is minecraft, not portal. I can't see other way to implement gells rather than "gel blocks" which would be special blocks that will speed player or make him jump. I think that liquid, which flies around and through portals is impossible minecraft. Sorry.

29. Offline

Dubstein

@matejdro Still havn't resolved my problem.
    I have placed the jar in the plugins folder, started the .bat, just like any other plugin.
    But still nothing works in-game. Also nothing is in the cmd still.

HTML:
    [Lnet.minecraft.server.Statistic;@6025e7
    146 recipes
    [Lnet.minecraft.server.Statistic;@6025e7
    16 achievements
    23:54:58 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.5_02
    23:54:58 [INFO] Loading properties
    23:54:58 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 5.45.93.234:25565
    23:54:58 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-706-
    gf53e007-b740jnks (MC: 1.5_02)
    23:54:58 [INFO] Preparing level "Flatgrass"
    23:54:58 [INFO] Preparing start region
    23:54:59 [INFO] AntiTower version 1.0 is enabled!
    23:54:59 [INFO] AntiTower tool ID is 309, authorized users are Dubstein
    23:54:59 [INFO] BlocksOnGlass version 0.11 is enabled!
    23:54:59 [INFO] [BoosterTrax] Plugin enabled! (version1.1)
    23:54:59 [INFO] ChopTree 1.0 enabled!
    23:54:59 [INFO] [Cloth] Cloth 0.1 enabled successfully.
    23:54:59 [INFO] [DeathTpPlus] 5 Kill Streaks loaded.
    23:54:59 [INFO] [DeathTpPlus] 5 Death Streaks loaded.
    23:54:59 [INFO] GroupManager - INFO - Scheduled Data Saving is set for every 10
    minutes!
    23:54:59 [INFO] GroupManager version 1.0(alpha-5) is enabled!
    23:54:59 [INFO] Fake Permissions version 2.5.1 is enabled!
    23:54:59 [INFO] [DeathTpPlus] Using Permissions
    23:54:59 [INFO] [DeathTpPlus] version 1.85 by lonelydime is enabled!
    23:54:59 [INFO] Loaded Essentials build 2.1.33 maintained by Zenexer, ementalo,
    Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    23:54:59 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsChat build 2.1.33 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux,
    Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    23:54:59 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsProtect build 2.1.33 maintained by Zenexer, eme
    ntalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    23:54:59 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsSpawn build 2.1.33 maintained by Zenexer, ement
    alo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    23:54:59 [INFO] [iOP] v1.0 Enabled
    23:54:59 [INFO] MessageChanger version 0.12 is enabled!
    23:54:59 [INFO] SecretDoors v0.2 by MrChick enabled
    23:54:59 [INFO] [SkyPirates]: Permissions enabled.
    23:54:59 [INFO] [SkyPirates]: version [1.2.3] (Caribbean) loaded
    23:54:59 [INFO] Superpickaxe v0.1 by DiddiZ enabled
    23:54:59 [INFO] UnderwaterTorch Enabled
    23:54:59 [INFO] Done (0.124s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    >

30. Offline

matejdro

Do you have permission to use Portals?

31. Offline

lukesterh

Mine keeps saying you cannot do that in this world whenever I do anything?