[FUN] StreetLightZ v0.5 - Advanced lights on your server + config [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Igor Randjelovic, Sep 7, 2011.

1. StreetLightZ - Turn on lights at night, turn them off at day
    Version: v0.5
    Authors: rigor789
    BukkitDev Here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like my plugins buy me a coffe :) [​IMG] Thx :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This plugin turns on torches at specific time, and turns them off at specific time (all configurable in config.yml under plugins/StreetLightZ/). It has block protection aswell (protects the blocks which have lights attached to them)! Type /StreetLightZ edit, put down some torches (If everything works then message appears on the screen) and when you are done, just type /StreetLightZ finish!
    If you don't like the lights just type /StreetLightZ edit again and remove or add torches! Have fun! :D

[​IMG]

Commands:
    • /StreetLightZ (can be used as /sl) - shows avaiable commands
    • /StreetLightZ edit - turns on editmode for lighting!
    • /StreetLightZ finish - exits from editmode!
    Permission nodes:

• streetlightz.edit - All StreetLightZ commands!
    Features:

• Automatically turn on/off lights!
    • on/off time can be set in a config file!
    Download: v0.5: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted multiupload url> | <Edit by Moderator: Redacted multiupload url>
    Download: v0.4: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted multiupload url> | <Edit by Moderator: Redacted multiupload url>
    Download: v0.3: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted multiupload url> | <Edit by Moderator: Redacted multiupload url>
    Download: v0.2: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted multiupload url> | <Edit by Moderator: Redacted multiupload url>
    Download: v0.1: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted multiupload url> | <Edit by Moderator: Redacted multiupload url>

Tutorial:

[FONT=Georgia][FONT=arial][B]Changelog:[/B][/FONT][/FONT]

[COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][FONT=arial][SIZE=15px][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][FONT=arial][SIZE=15px][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][FONT=arial][SIZE=15px][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][SIZE=4][FONT=arial][U]Version 0.5[/U] (2011.09.27):[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    • Added multiworld support (each world can have own time)!
    [FONT=Georgia][FONT=arial][SIZE=15px][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][FONT=arial][SIZE=15px][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][FONT=arial][SIZE=15px][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][SIZE=4][FONT=arial][U]Version 0.4[/U] (2011.09.25):[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
    • Fixed the bug where torches popped on the wall again!
    • Added Glowstone/Glass!
    [FONT=Georgia][FONT=arial][SIZE=15px][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][FONT=arial][SIZE=15px][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][SIZE=4][FONT=arial][U]Version 0.3[/U] (2011.09.23):[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
    • Fixed the bug where torches popped on the wall!
    [FONT=Georgia][FONT=arial][SIZE=15px][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)][SIZE=4][FONT=arial][U]Version 0.2[/U] (2011.09.08):[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
    • Added Permission support!
    Version 0.1 (2011.09.07):

• Releasing the StreetLightZ plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2019
    SkiperTheBoss likes this.
  2. Anything else in the conosle? Paste the console log!
    And Writem me what plugins you use!

3. Offline

moopas

I just installed this plugin, but it seems that the lights wont turn off during the day. They stay as regular lit torches. I enter the edit mode, place several torches on the grass, then finish. To check if they worked, I used the command "time day" to change it to day time and they stayed lit, so I destroyed them and replaced them during the day and they stayed lit once again. I currently am running 1185 with essentials, worldedit/guard, muddersmilk, lazyroad, goldentools, mcmmo, showcase, iconomy, simplevend, lockette, falsebook, nocheat, and cfbanner.

4. Did you edited the config file? Did u tried placing glowstone too? Are you sure there was no lagg which caused the torches not to change? Did you tried that in several worlds? Any errors in the console? I dont know what is the problem because it runs smoothly at me! Try creating a test server and put only StreetLightZ.jar in the plugins folder, and type /sl edit place torches/glowstone, then /sl finish, and then check if there are some coordinates in plugins/StreetLightz/coordinates.dat! If there is something written then its ok, try reloading the server and check in the console if it says: "[StreetLightZ] loaded x lights" where the x is a number! Hope it will work! :D

5. Offline

joycrafter

when i place a torch or glowstone block when in edit mode and i finish it works fine but after i log in again the torch or glowstone are normal blocks and no longer change form if the time does

6. Check the tutorial video! :D I just uploaded it! :)

7. Offline

RazorFlint

Could you make it so with a command it makes all the glowstone in the map a street light? because i have a city with glowstone lamps which would take days to convert, if you don't belive me 31.3.255.23

8. Offline

Kirbyflys

19:05:33 [WARNING] Task of 'StreetLightZ' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at me.rigi.StreetLightZ.StreetLightZMain.TimeChecker(StreetLightZMain.java:53)
    at me.rigi.StreetLightZ.StreetLightZRunnable.run(StreetLightZRunnable.java:6)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:439)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

That's the error i'm getting.

9. Offline

Routaruo

awesome, thank you so much ^-^

10. So if I call the world "world" is about. But other names coming back this message.

Code:
    2011-09-27 13:10:38 [WARNING] Task of 'StreetLightZ' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at me.rigi.StreetLightZ.StreetLightZMain.TimeChecker(StreetLightZMain.java:53)
        at me.rigi.StreetLightZ.StreetLightZRunnable.run(StreetLightZRunnable.java:6)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:439)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

11. Working on this now! :D The problem is when you use custom world name for the default world name!

You're welcome! :)

12. Offline

joycrafter

i already know how the plugin works but the thing is that when i place a torch or glowstone in /sl edit and afterwards /sl finish it works fine but when no-one is on the world and one comes back the blocks are just normal blocks and won't turn back to glass or the other way round

13. they must turn! anyways uploading a new version whre i fixed the multiworld thing!

Sidenote: I lost my code so i have to recode everything from v0.1 :( Anyways v0.5 is done (thankfully)!
    EDIT: I got back the v0.4 code so i recoded v0.5! :D

v0.5 relased! Check it out!!! :D Leave comments/suggestions/requests! :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  14. Offline

joycrafter

i think the problem is with saving the blocks because when i am near the block it works but once i am that far away when my render distance wont show that chunk because it is outside my 5 chunk radius and i come back it wont work anymore

15. Did you check the file in plugins/StreetLightZ/coordinates.dat? if there are coordinates then everything must work! I tested!

16. Offline

joycrafter

yes there are coordinates in there and the blocks are registered as streetligtz blocks but wont work that way

17. Do the protection stay on them? if yes then it should work!!! any consloe errors? Is this a pub server?

18. Offline

Kirbyflys

Awesome update! Version 0.5 fixed the multiworld problem :D

EDIT: You should also add the option to let the lights turn on in rain/storms. That'd be great!

19. :) i was lazy to write some more code beore and that caused the multiworld error :p anyways its ok now :D

20. Offline

joycrafter

No there aren't any errors and the protection isnt there anymore
    If you mean with public some friends together with hamachi yes

21. its probably a bug with your server! I have tested it few times and it works! Oh and why u use hamachi? Cracked mc? You can host private server w/o hamachi too! Less lagg, and if you set it up correctly, then they can join, even with cracked mc! Anyways try to make a server w/o any plugin besides sl! And test it!

22. Offline

joycrafter

A friend started with a server he said i needed hamachi and later i made a server and just kept using it
    Anyways i will try to use only streetlightz tomorrow im on ipod now and going to bed i cant reach my server from here
    So ill let you know tomorrow

Ps nope all legal

yes it works fine now

the plugins i am using are: Appleseed,buttonwarp,defaultcommands doorsopendoors,dropchest,heroicdeath,iconomy,itemdetector,lazyroad,loginmessage,mcdcarpeteer,mobdisguise,playereditor,plglogcmd,plgport,sherbetlemon,spout,spoutessentials,spouttrade,STREETLIGHTZ,vanishnopickup,VIPjoin and War
    i know a hella lot of plugins it had to go wrong one time

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  23. Ok then everything works thats the point! :)

24. Any requests/suggestions for next release?

25. Offline

jgaaar

Yeah ! i say you should have a command to chang already placed glowstone or torches, like instead of /sl edit it should be /sl create and /sl edit should be like "punch a glowstone/torch to turn it into a streetlight" or vice versa :]

26. Offline

CarlosJ

could you add pumpkin/jack-o-lantern ??
    and maybe netherrack/netherrack with fire, if that's possible?
    thanks!

27. will add /sl change for that!

pumpkin thing will be added, but netherrack is kinda stupid, because it could cause big fire!

28. Offline

CarlosJ

make it customizable in a config file:
    default:

torch/redstonetorch: true
    glowstone/glass: true
    jack-o-lantern/pumpkin: true
    netherrack/netherrackfire: false

29. Offline

xShadowboyx

What happens if the lights get blown by a creeper or tnt?
    And what if the ligths are pushed or pull by pistons?

30. Offline

rexbikes

Hey I love the plugin, but i seem to be having a bit of an issue. I am not getting any error messages in the console but there seem to be certain patches where the plugin just wont work. Its really confusing and I don't know how to fix it. Do you have a solution?

31. I dont really know what ur problem is! :p