Inactive [FUN] SpoutEssentials v3.9.2 [SPLASH SCREENS, GUI commands, Music, Capes, Sky, and more!] [1.2.3-R0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by skawke, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Offline

skawke

[​IMG]
    @rediem's Banner :)
    Version: v3.9.2
    Go here for download, commands, permission nodes, and more!
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/spoutessentials/

OnScreenCommands:
    (If you would like to get a small taste, join my server @ play.thetaylormc.com:27965, and press ~)

Splash Screens:

Uses Spout's various features for a whole ton of fun!
    • Notifies when people join
    • Notifies when people leave
    • Displays a notification when people join the server
    • Allows the playing of music, both to themselves AND serverwide
    • A simple 'poke' feature
    • and TONS more! (Full list @ bukkitdev page)
    SpoutEssentials includes optimizations for these plugins:
    Want to test out the features before using it? Join my server @ play.thetaylormc.com

I work quite hard to make the plugin, and I try to put everyone's requested feature into SpoutEssentials. Donate to help me buy food a better server :(:(!

[​IMG]

Credits:
    · @rediem for the banner :D:D:D:D:D:D
    · @tips48 for helping me with the poking feature (basic messaging)
    · @SwearWord from #bukkitdev for helping me with config stuff
    · #spout for helping me with SpoutCraftEnabledEvent
    · @Ninja Grinch for pointing out bugs in 2.7.2

GameFAQsRolo, Kiste, Hopium and 8 others like this.
  2. Offline

majorcyto

yes, notification for being poked would be cool. Does this use the build in permissions, or the permissions 3.x :confused:..

Also could you add a OPTION to display the coordinates on the screen at all times. Maybe to the left of the skill bar. Or right corner!

Also, ability for capes based on player or based on group maybes :eek: But if you do, do capes please make sure it doesn't disappear on teleport. =[

3. Offline

kazeen

got the same error not sure whats causing it

4. Offline

Z0mb1n3

Hello there, I am getting a problem with the /spout playgmusic command. Whenever I use the command, it echoes the URL back to me, says downloading in the top right corner, but I never get a Download Complete notification. It's in the audiocache, but I cannot get it to play. I have no texturepacks/clientside mods installed.

5. Offline

skawke

What client mods are you using?
    Ok.
    Error will be fixed. SE will still work fine. Can i have a list of plugins you have?

6. Offline

Z0mb1n3

I am not using any.

7. Offline

Bios Element

Sure thing.

8. Offline

ClonedInsanity

@skawke
    This plugin seems to cause random screen freezes for any players that connect. I even tried running it on a clean bukkit server and it still happened, also tried with the Dev build of spoutcraft but that seemed to just disable the plugin's functions.
    Running the latest spout/spoutcraft with yeti's permissions.
    Any help would be great =D

9. Offline

skawke

I'll look into it.
    I'm pretty sure spout causes that. Random memory errors and such.

10. Offline

Scandragon

All I'm waiting for is regional music..
    It's the only thing I needed in cbessentials, and the only thing I still can't get with spout, it seems

11. Offline

Yhtomitsu

skawke im still having trouble with texture pacvks i placed the four spaces in the front but it doesnt make a difference

12. Offline

IanDresarie

i have a little problem:

14:28:09 [SCHWERWIEGEND] Could not load 'plugins\spoutEssentials.jar' in folder
    'plugins':
    while parsing a block mapping
    in "<reader>", line 2, column 1:
    NotificationServerMessage:
    ^
    expected <block end>, but found BlockMappingStart
    in "<reader>", line 13, column 5:
    world: http://download1134.media ...
    ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(Par
    serImpl.java:576)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java
    :228)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:12
    2)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseCons
    tructor.java:124)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:82)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.initialize(JavaPlugin.java:157)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:175)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:207)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:130)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:128)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:97)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigur
    ationManager.java:51)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:338)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

my english is not very well, so i don´t understand this. can you help me please?
    my server is normally online, but all features of this plugin were offline.

13. Offline

Timecpo

Nice Plugin, but

Playing Music doesn't work, and /spout too. Running #1000, spout latest release (Do I need a dev build?), and the newest Spoutcraft Launcher with Zombe's FlyMod inside.
    /spout playgmusic *.ogg
    Code:
    2011-08-13 15:32:12 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'spout' in plugin SpoutEssentials v1.6.2
    	at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    	at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
    	at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: All audio files must be ogg vorbis, wav, or midi type
    	at org.getspout.spout.sound.SimpleSoundManager.playCustomFile(SimpleSoundManager.java:224)
    	at org.getspout.spout.sound.SimpleSoundManager.playCustomMusic(SimpleSoundManager.java:158)
    	at org.getspout.spout.sound.SimpleSoundManager.playGlobalCustomMusic(SimpleSoundManager.java:137)
    	at org.getspout.spout.sound.SimpleSoundManager.playGlobalCustomMusic(SimpleSoundManager.java:131)
    	at org.getspout.spout.sound.SimpleSoundManager.playGlobalCustomMusic(SimpleSoundManager.java:126)
    	at org.getspout.spout.sound.SimpleSoundManager.playGlobalCustomMusic(SimpleSoundManager.java:121)
    	at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsCommandManager.onCommand(SpoutEssentialsCommandManager.java:221)
    	at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    	... 12 more
    2011-08-13 15:32:12 [INFO] [Admin]timecop069: al_version.ogg     (It cut the link, but at first, there was a message: Downloading..., Downloading Finished!, but no Music appeared.)
    2011-08-13 15:32:18 [INFO] timecop069 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
    2011-08-13 15:32:18 [INFO] Connection reset
    2011-08-13 15:32:18 [INFO] [AutoSave] §9World Auto-Saving
    2011-08-13 15:32:19 [INFO] [AutoSave] §9World Auto-Save erfolgreich!
    2011-08-13 15:32:22 [INFO] timecop069 [/79.253.28.246:55169] logged in with entity id 15449 at ([Mobs] 118.2346836293652, 61.0, 269.86306847807793)
    2011-08-13 15:32:23 [INFO] [AutoSave] AutoSaveThread Started: Interval is 900 seconds, Warn Times are 0
    2011-08-13 15:32:24 [INFO] [Spout] Successfully authenticated timecop069's Spoutcraft client. Running client version: 101

/spout
    Code:
    2011-08-13 15:32:31 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'spout' in plugin SpoutEssentials v1.6.2
    	at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    	at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    	at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsCommandManager.onCommand(SpoutEssentialsCommandManager.java:49)
    	at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    	... 12 more

14. Offline

majorcyto

@Timecpo Play Music is working fine for me and other players. But im using latest dev build on server and clients..

15. Offline

vrox

Could you add a config file to save the music URLs?
    I could something like
    Code:
    awesomesong:
        www.songurlhere.ogg

and then users could use '/spout music awesomesong' and it would look up the url from the config and play it? That would be much easier then remember and typing all those URLs

16. Offline

HadrienM

Code:
    19:07:02 [INFO] Someone [/85.26.60.232:49464] logged in with entity id 8853742 at ([LaForteresse] 710.9375, 22.0, 874.84375)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE] java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at com.sk89q.worldedit.WorldEdit.handleCommand(WorldEdit.java:1021)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at com.sk89q.worldedit.bukkit.WorldEditPlayerListener.onPlayerCommandPreprocess(WorldEditPlayerListener.java:94)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:272)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:706)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:40)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    19:07:03 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND_PREPROCESS to DefaultPermissions
    java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
            at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
            at ca.celticminstrel.permissions.DefPerms$1.onPlayerCommandPreprocess(DefPerms.java:40)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:272)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:706)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:40)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)

A post this to help devs, if this can help...

17. Offline

TOAST7312

I'm getting the same sort of 'could not pass EVENT onto spoutessentials' crap. I HAD the code data for you, but I lost the info unfortunately. Only happens really when people log on for my server, though.

Also, my plugins are as follows, in case it's important:

Show Spoiler
    Big Brother
    BiomeSound
    BookWorm
    CraftBukkitupToDate
    dynmap
    GlobalChestBanking
    Herobrine
    Highlighter
    iConomy
    LWC
    LyTreeHelper
    mcMMO
    MyWolf
    NullEssentials
    PerformanceTweaks
    Permissions (TheYeti, I think)
    PersonalChest
    PickBoat
    PourteCoulissante
    RetractableBridge
    Runecraft
    Spout (Dev Build #27, for Herobrine)
    SpoutEssentials
    SpoutTexturePack
    SpoutWallet
    Tombstone
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

EDITPALOOZA:
    Managed to get the error code again:
    Code:
    15:26:05 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CUSTOM_EVENT to SpoutEssentials
    java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Notification titles can not be greater
    than 26 chars
            at org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer.sendNotification(SpoutCraf
    tPlayer.java:396)
            at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsSpoutListener.onSpoutCraftEn
    able(SpoutEssentialsSpoutListener.java:26)
            at org.getspout.spoutapi.event.spout.SpoutListener.onCustomEvent(SpoutLi
    stener.java:24)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$87.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:855)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:332)
            at org.getspout.spout.SpoutPlayerListener.onPlayerCommandPreprocess(Spou
    tPlayerListener.java:109)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:272)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:332)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:706)

18. Offline

Nodachi

Spoutcraft very specifically does not support client side mods so you're going to have a hard time getting support.

19. Offline

TOAST7312

Especially Zombe, which is generally considered to be a mod used by hackers, seeing as Spoutcraft/Spout has a more then one anti-zombe plugin under it's wing. :p

20. Offline

TheElite4

Fixed the error on using /spout. Looked into the cast error, no luck (Works everywhere else except on login? :confused:) and the error with he custom event occurs with people who have welcome messeges longer then 26 chars.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18601879/patch.zip

It DOES support mods, they just dont want to tell you how to do it. If your using zans minimap or anything that uses ud.class just omitt putting in ud.class it works fine then ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  21. Offline

Scandragon

There is commandhelper for that..
    Just make a /music command and always upload your music to the same place..
    When I do /music adventure it executes /spout music [complete link to the public folder in my dropbox where the music is]/adventure.mid (or .ogg if I do /music ogg adventure)

I just installed spoutessentials and got this:
    Code:
    2011-08-14 00:09:15 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/spoutEssentials.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    while parsing a block mapping
    in "<reader>", line 2, column 1:
        NotificationServerMessage: Welco ...
        ^
    expected <block end>, but found BlockMappingStart
    in "<reader>", line 13, column 5:
            world: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5 ...
            ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:576)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:228)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
        at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:82)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.initialize(JavaPlugin.java:157)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:175)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:207)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:130)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:97)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    Here is my config.yml.. And yes, there are 4 spaces and no tabs
    Code:
    #REMEMBER, Make sure everything is under 26 characters, else your messages will not show
    NotificationServerMessage: Welcome to RefugeeRP
    pokedNotificationIcon: DIAMOND_ORE
    defaultWorld: world
    systemOp: One player only.
    EnablePlayerLeaveNotifications: false
    NotificationSubMessage: Have a good time!
    loginNotificationIcon: GOLDEN_APPLE
    LeaveNotificationIcon: APPLE
    SpoutEssentials: skawke
    EnablePlayerJoinNotifications: false
    texturepack: '#Look at the thread for more info on the formatting!'
        world: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5160387/refugee/textures/refugee2.1.zip
        world2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5160387/refugee/textures/refugee2.1.zip
        factory: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5160387/refugee/textures/refugee2.1.zip
        tutworld: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5160387/refugee/textures/refugee2.1.zip
        nether: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5160387/refugee/textures/refugee2.1.zip
    OnScreenHelp:
        line1: Welcome to Refugee
        line2: Chat globally using /o
        line3: Open your backpack with B
        line4: Feel free to ask for help
    forceTexturePack: true
    disableOnScreenHelpGlobally?: false
    It already fails at the beginning!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  22. Offline

vrox

Ah, not sure why I didnt think of that...Thanks!

23. Offline

Apasalic

Permissions don't work even though im Owner(with '*') and I'm OP.

24. Offline

Nodachi

Just because it can be done doesn't mean it's a supported feature. The whole idea of Spout and the Spoutcraft client is to allow server operators to completely tailor the user's experience on their server and client side mods goes against that goal. No need to make it sound like some big conspiracy.
    For now, once servers can verify the client's hash though...

25. Offline

Timecpo

Zombe works, and I use it on my own Server. And every Bukkit server could simply block it by using allow-flight: false. ;)

26. Offline

TheElite4

Or some of us server admins offer fly mod on parts of the server and it can easily be blocked by 4983875438 plugins and options. And who is making it sound like a conspiracy? I mean besides implying they go out of there way to block it . . . All I was saying was it is supported (as in works) and they they wont tell you, which they clearly don't. And I will continue to help client side modding of spout because any idiot that cannot turn on the block fly feature or use NoCheat really doesn't have the know how to run a successful server.

27. Offline

Firebird83

Hi, when a player connects, the server throws :16:05:23 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to SpoutEssentials
    http://pastebin.com/G4UjnyaE

Running Build 1000 MC1.7.3 , spout, spout essentials

help pls

28. Offline

JamesShadowman

Just a Correction, but that is slightly... Incorrect. There are some certain features that the Server can't (or probably won't) host. They are going to have 'Client Plugins' which should make them compatible with all the other Client plugins, and act as mods. Servers will probably be able to control what Client Plugins are usable. Client Plugins won't add Block IDs to MP (I think they can in SP), but in MP they will ad MP Mod features.

29. Bukkit 1051, Spout Dev 90, Spout Essentials 2.2

Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to SpoutEssentials
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer cannot be cast to org.getspout.spoutapi.player.SpoutPlayer
    	at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.onPlayerTeleport(SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.java:88)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:300)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:377)
    	at org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer.updateNetServerHandler(SpoutCraftPlayer.java:605)
    	at org.getspout.spout.SpoutPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(SpoutPlayerListener.java:28)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:244)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:124)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:97)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:33)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)

30. Offline

skawke

TheElite4's changes to the plugin will be merged into a release later today.

31. Offline

Mercury

I wonder if someone could add TheYeti permissions.