[FUN/SPOUT] DeadMines v0.3.1a - Bringing hell to a server near you! Stability patch is out! 1.0.1-R

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by DrBoweNur, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

OstlerDev

DrBowe, awesome to see that you are back and working on a new edition of the project, do you think that you could send me the code that you were working on for the 1.2.5 update? I have most of it updated it is just this one piece of code that is KILLING me!

Code:
    public void registerDeadMinesEntities() throws IllegalArgumentException, IllegalAccessException, InvocationTargetException, SecurityException, NoSuchMethodException {
        Class[] parameterTypes = { Class.class, String.class, Integer.TYPE };
        Method method = EntityTypes.class.getDeclaredMethod("a", parameterTypes);
        method.setAccessible(true);

method.invoke(new EntityTypes(), new Object[] { DeadMinesZombie.class, "Zombie", Integer.valueOf(54) });
        method.invoke(new EntityTypes(), new Object[] { DeadMinesGiant.class, "Giant", Integer.valueOf(53) });
        method.invoke(new EntityTypes(), new Object[] { DeadMinesPigZombie.class, "PigZombie", Integer.valueOf(57) });
      }
    I just cannot seem to get it to work in 1.3.1 nevertheless, I will try :p, but if you need any help on the new edition, please let me know and I would love to work with you!

-OstlerDev

2. Offline

DrBowe

This is actually a lot of reflection taking place behind the scenes. I had to do this in order to allow zombies with custom health to spawn--and it wouldn't surprise me if the code it was reflecting upon changed internally since then. In other words, it was very fragile to the slightest changes within Craftbukkit. I'll likely have to tackle the problem again during this revamp, so if I do find the issue I'll be sure to let you know.

3. Offline

OstlerDev

Ok thanks,

Once you have come up with the idea for the new version (I also have some suggestions), I would love to help you create it! But regardless I will most likely update the current version.

-OstlerDev

4. Offline

DrBowe

https://trello.com/board/deadmines-revamp-v3-0/5021e745bca3cd477c1d8abf
    Here's a link to the Trello board that I'm making for it. Not much on it at the moment, but if you have an account and give me the name I can add you to it. Always fun to brainstorm :D

5. Offline

OstlerDev

It is currently being updated, please do not ask for a time frame as there is none.

Also, I do have an account that I just set up. The email on that is [email protected]

6. Offline

PhoenixStar117

Doe's not work. I place the .jar file into the Plugins folder and start server. But it doe's not work, it just sits in the folder. No Config or anything else is created. I play the server and no zombies are massing, just plain old zombies and all from Vanilla Minecraft. Any ideas?

7. Offline

OstlerDev

I do believe it is because it is not compatible with 1.3.1, the last build that it was meant for was 1.0.1... But you are in luck, I am currently updating it to 1.3.1!

-OstlerDev

8. Offline

PhoenixStar117

Well, I am not technically using 1.3.1... I am using Tekkit for 1.2.5, Any chance of making it so 1.3.1 works for both 1.3.1 and 1.2.5?

9. Offline

OstlerDev

You could try to run it on 1.2.5 but I make no promises.

10. Offline

tonidu28

I would just like to have a date ^^ DeadMines is my favorite plugin and OblitusCraft promises to be an enormous plugin . I especially wants not you to disturb

11. Offline

DrBowe

The problem with this is that it's incredibly hard to give a date when you can't predict when you will and won't have time. I expected to have some time alone to do stuff today, and as it turned out, that wasn't the case. I'm sure once classes start tomorrow I'll have a much more concrete schedule to base timing off of, but even then, it's not like I'll have a lot of time to work with :(

12. Offline

Jt1

Dr bowe, look at your inbox

13. Offline

Lightzaver

Hey im checking up on this :D Looks like its not dead and im willing to test this for you guys :p It was my Favoritedplugin when it was out so if you need me :D

14. Offline

Toni12051997

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.