[FUN] SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by WegFetZ, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

WegFetZ

SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server!

Version: v0.1

CustomMusic is back! Now as SoundCenter!

SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime.
    It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft.
    In the future SoundCenter will add a lot of cool audio features to minecraft, such as sound effects on events.

To give you a very little idea of what it does (video is not up-to-date):

More info on:

or on BukkitDev

Features:
    • You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
    • Stations can either play your own music or sound effects, or webradio streams
    • You can also play music globally on the whole server
    • You can upload your own music files easily via the SoundCenter client
    • Supported audio formats: mp3, midi, ogg (for webradio only)
    • Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the clients user interface
    • Every feature is configurable and you can limit access with permissions
    Extra Features:
    • Voice chat
      • SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
      • You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
      • But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
      • You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
    • many more to come
    How does it work?

Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what to do now?
    It's easy: Login to your server. If you are not running the client yet, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. If you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server.
    Press connect - now you can add and upload your songs in the "Music" tab, or add biomes or worlds to your stations. If you want to set boxes and areas, you can do this ingame via /sc set <area|box>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates.
    You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.

For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit the HOW TO USE section on BukkitDev.

Before you post any Issues/ Bugs:

Goblom, Maxster99, gnftoxic and 10 others like this.
  2. Offline

Demon Boy

Not working for me either the .bat isn't doing what its meant to and using cmd as a substitute is failing

3. Offline

Nuinbot

Me gusta. Now if only you got this to work with streaming audio sources, such as Shoutcast-type stations (I personally listen to SomaFM), this would be a totally kick-ass plugin. :D

4. Offline

WegFetZ

Sorry for not replying for so long, I was pretty busy this week.
    This will be possible in the next version. I'm already done with that but I still need to do some testing.
    Most likely it will come tomorrow.

@madzz
    Are you sure the MC_AudioClient.jar is in the same folder as your startclient.bat?
    You can try to redownload it, just to make sure that there was no error during the download.

Did you replace YourMinecraftName with your name?
    How did you fix this?

Locate the "java.exe" on your computer and replace "java" with the path to your java.exe (in the startclient.bat)
    It could look like this:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar MC_AudioClient.jar YourMinecraftName
    Maybe you haven't set your properties file correctly. Read the how-to in the OP for more information.
    Same for @Demon Boy

I know this bug but I couldn't fix it yet. Us /cm toggle twice to get rid of this.

Does it say that your AudioClient is initialized?
    That's weird. If your Music folder is in the same directory as your MC_AudioClient.jar it should actually work.

This would be cool, but it isn't what this plugin is meant to do.

5. Offline

kmccmk9

Have you issued the upload command from the MC_AudioClien.jar?

6. Offline

jmcneely

Well that helped, it created the folder for me but it gives me this error:

Code:
    15:49:18 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 48
    15:49:18 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet.b(Packet.java:84)
    15:49:18 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.f(NetworkManager.
    java:130)
    15:49:18 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(NetworkManager.
    java:229)
    15:49:18 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFi
    le:68)
    15:49:18 [INFO] /24.162.172.127:50286 lost connection
    It gives me this error on the server console every time I start audio client then audio client closes it's self.

7. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

This happens when you attempt to connect directly to the Minecraft server port. Check what port you have configured for the CustomMusic plugin (by default, 4224), and set that into your AudioClient's properties file.
    WegFetz, you should add in your OP that if you get a "Bad packet id 48," this means you are not connecting to the plugin's port, but instead you are connecting directly to the Minecraft server.

8. Offline

waytodusk

Heya peeps! It was fixed :) Apparently the IP address in my AudioClient.properties was set wrongly. Sorry! And thanks for all your help! :D

9. Offline

kmccmk9

Its important to do the commands yourself in a elevated command prompt. Its also important to have your server running first, and to also make sure you have everything ported correctly

10. Offline

WegFetZ

Version 0.4

• added option to choose which songs a box plays (more info in the how-to section)
    • added multiworld support
    • added check to prevent the AC to delete songs which are not downloaded by the AC
    • little bugfixes
    By default every box will play every song of the owner until he uses the '/cm choose' command.
    Please note that every box that was set before 0.4 will be transferred to the default world.

11. How much memory does this plugin use?

12. Offline

jmcneely

@The PC Tech Guy

The reason why I put 25565 is that 4224 doesn't work. When I start up audio client with port set to 4224 it says:

Code:
    C:\Users\Zombie\Desktop\McCraftBukkit_Server\Audio Client>"C:\Program Files (x86
    )\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar MC_AudioClient.jar YourMinecraftName" -jar MC_Aud
    ioClient.jar YourMinecraftName -jar "MC_AudioClient.jar" jmcneely
    Connected!
    Name registered! Log into Minecraft within 60s or use '/cm init' if you are alre
    ady logged in.

But when I log into the server it says "CustomMusic: Initialization failed! Make sure you started the AudioClient!"

Here are my configurations:

Code:
    #===CustomMusic configuration===
    #Fri Apr 15 13:45:09 CST 2011
    Maximum-Boxes-per-Player=3
    Maximum-MP3-per-Player=5
    Music-range=15
    Maximum-MP3-Size-MB=15
    Server-Port=4224

Code:
    #===MC-AudioClient configuration===
    #Fri Apr 15 13:45:48 CST 2011
    Server-IP=24.162.172.127
    Server-Port=4224

I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I keep repeating the instructions and end up in the same spot.

13. Offline

WegFetZ

@jmcneely
    Looks like your startclient.bat contained
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar  MC_AudioClient.jar YourMinecraftName" -jar MC_AudioClient.jar  YourMinecraftName -jar "MC_AudioClient.jar" jmcneely
    instead of
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar "MC_AudioClient.jar" jmcneely

14. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

I thought this too at one time, even with the startclient.bat file correctly configured. (however the reason why it didn't work is different (see first few pages), in this case WegFetZ may have found out why.)

Whatever you do, do NOT set the port as your server's port! That is a No-No!

15. Offline

jmcneely

Alright I think I got it, I just messed up my startclient.bat, I had difficulties setting it up and overlooked somethings. thank you WegFetZ and The PC Tech Guy so very much.

16. Offline

MCPAN

GJ, I have a suggestion can make plugin support internet music/radio (like SHOUTcast Radio)?

17. Offline

Kartus

bug CM 0.4 #678: my player with moderator permissions and inherited following permissions can upload mp3 receives message "You already have 3 boxes!" and can't add a box. but my BoxList.db hasn't got any boxes from him, even after server restart.
    Code:
        - cm.init
        - cm.setbox
        - cm.upload
    Code:
    CraftPlayer{name=Kartus}:35.5:64.0:-10.5:1:CraftWorld{name=world}
    CraftPlayer{name=Kartus}:41.529324:64.0:24.760504:2:CraftWorld{name=world}

18. Offline

WegFetZ

Which command does he use when he gets this message?

@Victueno
    Your server only needs the CustomMusic.jar
    The AudioClient is needed on your pc where you play minecraft.
    Follow the instructions in the OP

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  19. Offline

Kartus

/cm setbox 114. it's no real bug, it's only wrong message ;) it should say "you can only set box until number x". x = maxboxes. he can use "/cm setbox" and "/cm setbox {1-3}".

at which bps rate is the server streaming the music?

Suggest 1
    set in config only "max-music-range=30" and "default-music-range=15". and settable maximum in permissions, like plugin DorpChest does:
    Suggest 2
    give a permission "cm.admin" which grants unlimited boxes/song's/range. and for each "cm.admin.box", "cm.admin.song", "cm.admin.range".

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  20. Offline

WegFetZ

You're right, it's a wrong message :D
    The music isn't really streaming, the files are just transferred to the clients which is limited by the speed of the clients/ server's internet connection.
    It's already on the to-do list but thanks for the DropChest example. I didn't know that this is possible.

21. Offline

Kartus

is CustomMusic also usable with MAC? if yes, same installationsteps like in windows, or how?

22. Offline

WegFetZ

Read the FAQ

23. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Got a bug to report. I updated to 0.4 and all was going well. Set a box, choose the song to play with it but yet it didn't work. So I then looked at the AudioClient and saw that I had some errors. It seems that you're basing it off of windows and how windows doesn't really care about case sensitivity, but since I'm on Linux "song" is completely different than "Song" because of the case difference. Once I renamed the song locally it played fine. So I recommend maybe having it keep the case the same.

I just tested it again to be sure that it wasn't working the correct way and I got the same results. My server and client are both linux based, so if you need any help or got questions please let me know.

Code:
    Uploading 02 Lord You're Mighty.mp3...
    Upload done!

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Music/craftplayer{name=graywolf336}/02 lord you're mighty.mp3 (No such file or directory)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:137)
        at org.tritonus.share.sampled.file.TAudioFileReader.getAudioFileFormat(TAudioFileReader.java:108)
        at javazoom.spi.mpeg.sampled.file.MpegAudioFileReader.getAudioFileFormat(Unknown Source)
        at Player.getDuration(Player.java:132)
        at Player.getSongOffset(Player.java:90)
        at Player.run(Player.java:35)
    Missing MP3!

And here's a screen shot to show that the original file is there:
    file_is_there.png

24. Offline

WegFetZ

@Bradley Hilton
    Yes you're right, thanks for reporting.
    I'm running a linux server but a windows pc and i haven't thought about the client's case sensitivity. Until i have fixed this you can rename your mp3s to lower case or not use the /cm choose command.

25. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Yeah that's what I've done, just thought I'd report it just so no one else has troubles and so they stop using it.

--Edit--
    And I want to say, thanks for making this plugin!!! :D

26. Offline

ChadTheDJ

I am getting this error in the console of the AC Client:

Code:
    Exception in thread "Player" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No line matchin
    g interface SourceDataLine supporting format PCM_SIGNED 44100.0 Hz, 16 bit, ster
    eo, 4 bytes/frame, little-endian is supported.
            at javax.sound.sampled.AudioSystem.getLine(Unknown Source)
            at javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayer.createLine(BasicPlayer.java:42
    8)
            at javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayer.initAudioInputStream(BasicPlay
    er.java:272)
            at javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayer.open(BasicPlayer.java:220)
            at BasicMP3Player.Mp3Player.play(Mp3Player.java:52)
            at Player.createPlayer(Player.java:47)
            at Player.run(Player.java:37)
    What format of MP3 should be use?

27. Offline

Gazownik

Hey , the mod is awesome working well (also with players) no bugs etc ;] , but.... is it possible to play different type of song in different places? (for example i want to play some mario underground theme near lava and a water level theme near water far far away^^) btw thanks for cool plugin ;].

28. Offline

kmccmk9

Hey, love the plugin but why do I have to 30 blocks away to set another box? Is there any way to change that?

29. Offline

Nigh

You plugin developers have to keep in mind that your subscribers, members, whatever do not know what they are doing when it comes to downloading, installing, setting up, etc. I'm very disappointed with this, it got my hopes up and I've spent hours on end and to no success for this to work properly. I've literally read through ALL the pages to find a possible solution to my dilemma. I've re-downloaded it at least 7 times as well as tried dozens of changes, etc. Maybe put your instructions in lay mans terms next time so that you don't pile up so many nagging questions?

EDIT: The in-game video is great but I think I can figure out that part pretty easy, mind making an informative video on the downloading and installing part? Most of the videos either don't have sound or are not informative enough, etc. I am not trying to flame/put down but I'd really like to use this because I have some awesome ideas in mind.

30. Offline

WegFetZ

@Nigh
    Well you're right, my instructions could be clearer. But mostly it comes to individual problems and it is difficult for me to know where these problems occur. So maybe I can help you if you post what exactly goes wrong.

31. Offline

Nigh

I really don't know where to start actually, it is such a mess. Could it be possible for you to see what I did wrong, say...through teamviewer? If this is not ok to do then I won't pester you anymore.

EDIT: Teamviewer is an unique program perfect for situations like these, my friends and I help each other a lot through this, it's free and dummy proof!

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx