[FUN] SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by WegFetZ, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

WegFetZ

SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server!

Version: v0.1

CustomMusic is back! Now as SoundCenter!

SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime.
    It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft.
    In the future SoundCenter will add a lot of cool audio features to minecraft, such as sound effects on events.

To give you a very little idea of what it does (video is not up-to-date):

More info on:

or on BukkitDev

Features:
    • You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
    • Stations can either play your own music or sound effects, or webradio streams
    • You can also play music globally on the whole server
    • You can upload your own music files easily via the SoundCenter client
    • Supported audio formats: mp3, midi, ogg (for webradio only)
    • Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the clients user interface
    • Every feature is configurable and you can limit access with permissions
    Extra Features:
    • Voice chat
      • SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
      • You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
      • But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
      • You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
    • many more to come
    How does it work?

Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what to do now?
    It's easy: Login to your server. If you are not running the client yet, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. If you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server.
    Press connect - now you can add and upload your songs in the "Music" tab, or add biomes or worlds to your stations. If you want to set boxes and areas, you can do this ingame via /sc set <area|box>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates.
    You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.

For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit the HOW TO USE section on BukkitDev.

Before you post any Issues/ Bugs:

Goblom, Maxster99, gnftoxic and 10 others like this.
  2. Offline

WegFetZ

@captainbinary
    The mp3 is deleted but still playing?
    That's weird:confused:
    Are you sure you deleted the mp3 in the folder of the right block?
    Did you try to just restart the audioclient and see if the song gets downloaded again?
    If so, only delete the file on your AudioClient's Music folder, not on the server's and restart the audio client or type /upload.

3. Offline

captainbinary

Indeed it was wierd, it has stopped now.

When it happened there was only 1 imaginary box in the world with 1 mp3 on the server. So no cross conflicts there.
    I had the server in screen mode, so im taking an educated guess, but the server must of held that data in memory and released it when it was requested. It changed as soon as i restarted the whole server (not just the minecraft one).

4. Offline

Ijwu

The plugin works great as far as I can tell, although I can't hear the music on my server. I play a private server with my friends and have followed the directions. The ports are forwarded, the AudioClient is running and all, but I'm the only one who can't hear the music.

5. Offline

Neko

Can I get better detailed instructions? I'm just a bit confused. i can set up the customusic jar, but what do i do with the rest of the files?

6. Offline

WegFetZ

Does it say that it is initialized?
    -Set up the server's IP and the plugin's port (which you can find in the cm.properties file on the server) in the AudioClient.properties file
    -Replace "YourMinecraftName" in startclient.bat with your Minecraft login-name
    -Run the startclient.bat and put your MP3s into the /Music/craftplayer{YourMinecraftName}/ directory.
    To delete a MP3 from the server just remove it from this directory
    -In the AudioClient, type /upload to start uploading or just restart the AudioClient

Did you read this? Just put the AudioClient somewhere on your pc and follow these instructions.

7. Offline

Ijwu

Yup. It says it's initialized.

8. Offline

Darkwinterz

i port forwarded the ports i would use. inputed information into the CM and audioclient properties file and did my IP. i hit StartClient and it instantly closes. I tried running with server on and same problem. I also tried cm init and it says i dont have permission lol. can you make a actual tutorial or something please?

Dark.

9. Offline

immac636

Hello, Just a question: I used this on my mac (changed .bat to command, followed all instructions) and when I opened the AC and logged in, it deleted every single audio file on my computer. My whole entire itunes library=Gone.

Also, when I typed /upload, it deleted all the folders also.

What happened????

Help, oh god, help!

10. Offline

WegFetZ

you have to give the permissions with GroupManager/ Permissions or be OP.

:O I'm really sorry for this. Did you put the AudioClient into the same folder as your Music folder of itunes?
    I will fix this as soon as possible.
    Maybe you can get back your music with a file recovery tool like File Recover 4.
    Again: sorry for this.

11. Offline

respiky

"An internal error has occured while attempting to perform this command" when I tried /cm init
    Can anyone help?

12. Offline

Rurikar22

Neat plugin, but very limiting so far. Requires heavy client support by teaching dozens of people to use it and even then the blocks are really limited. Need to be able to set it so the music doesnt start until someone is in range or even change the radius of each block it's self.

Great start, but I think theres a ton of improving on the custom music/sound department still.

13. Offline

WegFetZ

What do you mean? The music only plays if you are in range of a box.
    It's on my to do list.

14. Offline

Achilles

This is a very neat plugin! Is it completely dependent on permissions? I'm the owner of my server, and yet it says I don't have permission to use the plugin. I noticed you added permissions support later on in the development stage, so I'm assuming I have messed up somewhere in the installation.

15. Offline

WegFetZ

If you are using Permissions or Groupmanager you need these permissions:
    If you don't use GroupManager or Permissions there shouldn't be any restrictions.

16. Offline

Rurikar22

Well I mean if I walk up to a block, it starts froma random point in the song I noticed. Maybe that has to do with the fading though...

A small feature request if possible. Could you make a basic /slash command that just plays a sound file from a general folder? I'm mostly just wanting to use this to have certain music/sound play for my server. A /command that just plays a file for everyone with the plugin would be fantastic.

17. Offline

raz235

i was looking for a music player in game..
    anyway did u think about per box range,like one box range is 5 and the other 25 for small places and big places..
    with this feature or without it this plugin is awesome for private servers so thank u very much:)!

18. Offline

immac636

No, I had the AC in ~/Desktop/Bukkit Server/Plugins/AudioClient/

And, of course, my hard drive is being an ass. No disk recovery for me...

19. Offline

TomCamavi

Ok I need help plz. I can't get the audio client to work on mac. I've tried running the jar file from the terminal but it gives me the error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    at Client.main(Client.java:49)

I realized i forgot to put my username at the end and now it says

Cannot get the I/O for127.0.0.1java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

20. Offline

WegFetZ

I'd recommend not to use it on mac until i found the issue that caused immac636 to lose all his music.

21. Offline

immac636

For mac, make a new textedit document, and paste this: java -jar "Location/Of/Audio/Client.jar" (Username).
    Edit it appropriately.
    Save it as start.command, then open terminal
    Type "chmod a+x " and then drag start.command into terminal.
    It should now work.

But yes, don't use until the bugs are worked out.

22. Offline

Josh Harwood

is there anyway you could get a version of this out where depending on the location/biome it could play one of a list of tracks? we are trying to get some sort of atmospheric music playing depending if you are on say a mountain or in a cave or on the beach :p idk if this is possible but it would be great if it was :)

Edit: we even have a composer writing music and preforming it as a favor :O

23. Offline

Chilifrybandit

Question. For the Server IP am i setting it to the Minecraft SMP IP address or a completely different one? cause other people cant hear my music.

24. Offline

endaymyke

can you do this on mac?

25. Offline

Bloodykittens

Is there anyway you can set a specific box to a specific song. Or is it supposed to do that?

For example, I put up 2 boxes to test and they both played the same song and then on to the next song in the list.
    If its possible i'd like to set up a box to play one song continuously (We just built a huge pokemon battle scene lol and when you go through the stargate i'd like to hear the pokemon battle tune after you've arrived)

Hopefully i'm just missing it. Or if its not possible. Would it be possible to implement in a future update?

thanks in advance :D

26. Offline

WegFetZ

I'll think about this but it could be to difficult for me.
    Yes, the Minecraft Server's IP, but the port has to be the CustomMusic Plugin port.

It's already on the to do list. At the moment all boxes of the same person play the same songs.

Hopefully i can get some time to work on it this week.

27. Offline

Josh Harwood

then just scrap that idea :p but we do need to be only able to play set tracks.

28. Offline

Bloodykittens

Hopefully you will :D
    can't wait for that update.

29. Offline

Darkwizard98

When Ever i stay for the Full song it Says this
    Code:
    Exception in thread "BasicPlayer" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at javazoom.jlgui.basicplayer.BasicPlayer.run(BasicPlayer.java:603)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    And then the Music wont Stop till i turn the Audio Client off even if i leave the Radius

30. Offline

Devian50

there is another plugin JUST for MIDI's! MidiBanks!

31. Offline

Alphard

Finally the plugin that I always wanted! Going to test now.