[FUN] SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by WegFetZ, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

WegFetZ

SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server!

Version: v0.1

CustomMusic is back! Now as SoundCenter!

SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime.
    It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft.
    In the future SoundCenter will add a lot of cool audio features to minecraft, such as sound effects on events.

To give you a very little idea of what it does (video is not up-to-date):

More info on:

or on BukkitDev

Features:
    • You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
    • Stations can either play your own music or sound effects, or webradio streams
    • You can also play music globally on the whole server
    • You can upload your own music files easily via the SoundCenter client
    • Supported audio formats: mp3, midi, ogg (for webradio only)
    • Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the clients user interface
    • Every feature is configurable and you can limit access with permissions
    Extra Features:
    • Voice chat
      • SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
      • You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
      • But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
      • You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
    • many more to come
    How does it work?

Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what to do now?
    It's easy: Login to your server. If you are not running the client yet, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. If you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server.
    Press connect - now you can add and upload your songs in the "Music" tab, or add biomes or worlds to your stations. If you want to set boxes and areas, you can do this ingame via /sc set <area|box>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates.
    You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.

For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit the HOW TO USE section on BukkitDev.

Before you post any Issues/ Bugs:

Goblom, Maxster99, gnftoxic and 10 others like this.
  2. Offline

Kartus

v0.6 when i command "/cm status" i get chatmsg "There's no box in range!" even if i can hear vor ca. 5 blocks the music clearly before it fades out fully. probably your /cm status command is static at music-range=10 instead of depending on dynamic config-value?

my config:
    Code:
    #===CustomMusic configuration===
    #Sun Jun 12 09:33:49 CEST 2011
    Login-Initialization-Failed-Msg=CustomMusic\: \#\!gInitialisierung misslungen\! AudioClient gestartet?\#\!w
    Maximum-MP3-per-Player=3
    Maximum-Boxes-per-Player=3
    Maximum-Midi-Size-MB=3
    Maximum-Midi-per-Player=5
    Server-Port=4224
    Maximum-MP3-Size-MB=12
    Music-range=15

3. Offline

kozuri

I found out that only 'cm.*' in permissions (3.1.5b) allows users to hear music. 'cm.init' doesn't work.
    Is there a certain build you recommend for the permissions-plugin?

4. Offline

WegFetZ

Version 0.6a (Plugin only - audio client isn't updated):
    • fixed a bug which caused that users without any upload permission couldn't hear music

Thanks for reporting.
    Check the changelog: 'cm.upload' has been replaced with 'cm.upload.mp3' or 'cm.upload.midi' or both.
    That you couldn't hear music was a bug which is fixed in 0.6a. It occured when you didn't have any upload permission.
    The exception you posted above should be fixed, too.

@Kartus
    Acutally i didn't change anything that has to do with the '/cm status' command. It works properly for me.
    Anyone else with this problem?

5. Offline

rwckai

Hi i got a porblem if i wanna "/upload" the songs as user

C:\Users\kai\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bi
    n\java.exe" -jar MC_AudioClient.jar rwckai
    /upload
    Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at de.WegFetZ.AudioClient.otherFuncs.sendSongList(otherFuncs.java:103)
    at de.WegFetZ.AudioClient.otherFuncs.upload(otherFuncs.java:16)
    at de.WegFetZ.AudioClient.Console.run(Console.java:25)

6. Offline

Sam Lucas

everytime i start the audio client i get this error message, i've set all this up exactly as you said too but i get this error and it tells me in game that it's not initialized properly?

16:21:25 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 48
    16:21:25 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet.a(Packet.java:78)
    16:21:25 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.g(NetworkManager.java:149)
    16:21:25 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(NetworkManager.java:259)
    16:21:25 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFile:84)
    16:21:25 [INFO] /86.129.160.135:60684 lost connection

7. Offline

kozuri

0.6a did the trick. now cm.init - permission works. players can hear music.
    /cm status is working properly, too.
    Sometimes it says "Connection to CustomMusic Lost" or so, but music's still playing. /cm init establishes connection again. This happens very seldom.
    Thanks for your plugin. Looking forward to integrated audio client ingame (mod).

Noch nen schönen pfingstmontag.

8. Offline

Drmsi9292

Looks like a great plugin, but there also looks like there are a couple issues right now, so I'll bookmark it for later :) Also, is the music played independently of whether the users have their minecraft music turned off? Because all my friends play with it off, and it would be nice to not have it run at the same time (I'm assuming that's not how it works, since it would be weird to have minecraft's music running at the same time as the custom stuff). Last question is if, consequently, individual users can turn music off for themselves so they're not forced to listen to it if they don't want to.

9. Offline

WegFetZ

@rwckai
    Does this also happen when you start the audioclient or only when you type /upload?

@Sam Lucas
    --> FAQ point 1

@Drmsi9292
    The music plays independently of the ingame music, yes.
    Every user who wants to hear music needs to run the audio client. So if you don't want to hear anything you don't need to run it. You can also switch the music off by using /cm toggle.

10. Offline

Koha23

Ok so I can get it working perfectly for myself but how is my friend supposed to hear it? Can someone do a tutorial to be able to get other people to hear it? It seams like for whoever gets it to work has no trouble getting other people to hear it. Am I a dumb ass or is everyone just smarter than me?

11. Offline

IhaveNoName

Um Yes... I have been having this problem ever since I downloaded Permissions 3.1.5
    I have set it up so that I have access to everything with the '*' and I was wondering if anyone could help me :|
    Code:
    users:
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]    TheNo1Yeti:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]        groups:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]        - Admins[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]        permissions: [][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]    Herpina:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]        - Moderator[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]        permissions:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]        - herp.derp[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]    Derpina:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]        info:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]            prefix: '&4'[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]        - -derp.derp[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]    block_man911:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]    Ash:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]        - '*'[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]    Hunter:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]        groups: [][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]    player5xx:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]        - Moderator[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]    Honeydew:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]    blademaster561:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]    Midnight:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 204, 255)]    Gillian:[/COLOR]

I have it set up the exact same way with my other stuff as well :(
    Thanks for your help, and if you need anymore information I would be happy to comply
    Code:
    java -jar "MC_AudioClient.jar" Ash

This is my startclient.bat

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  12. Offline

rwckai

@WegFetZ

Only if i wanna /upload if i start it. it dont do anything

13. Offline

Kidd

I got audioclient to work for me but my server players are getting the "Cannot get the I/O for ..." error. Any tips?

14. Offline

WegFetZ

@IhaveNoName
    Which plugin uses "/login power" and what does it do?

@rwckai
    Do you have "cm.upload.mp3' or 'cm.upload.midi' permission?
    I will take a look at this, thanks for reporting.

@Kidd
    I assume you are running your server on your PC?
    --> FAQ point 3

15. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

/login is used by xAuth and AuthMe (although AuthMe is a bit out-of-date). It is server-side authentication, authenticating a user by having them type a password with /login <password> While the person is not logged in (hasn't used /login yet), the player cannot move, chat, see inventory, etc. (all configurable, I would assume...)

However, it does not appear to be the problem, but rather, his Permissions. I don't see any join message from CM.

16. Offline

IhaveNoName

It is actually called Rakamak :p

17. Offline

Krapinou

It's work for me :) But nobody in my server can hear my song, what is the manipulation I need to do.

Thx

18. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

Ah, another one. Never saw it.

19. Offline

Riolu

When I(or those, who create jukebox) far from jukebox, players don't hear music.
    What can I do with it? I just want to play music everysingle location :)

20. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

I don't think this is possible yet, although you can increase the range of the box via the config file.

21. Offline

ToastyStoemp

hey yesterday i installed your plugin, but it AudioClient did not work.
    When i started it up it all give me some java errors.
    I can not program with any language but i just used my brain for a bit and wrote a new code.
    Now it works. I made also a 32-bit and a 64-bit version of it. If you want i can send you the codes.
    But I do want my name somewhere on your page if you don't mind.
    If it doesn't work then you can delete my name of course. These codes are now only for Windows.
    but I'll be working on the ones for Mac and if I feel like Linux to.
    A friend of me is working on the code for Mac. ( Frederick )

ToastyStoemp​

22. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

Sounds good, but the AudioClient is working fine for me...

23. Offline

ryo95

i alwys get this when i start my client. any ideas what could have caused this? i have a win7 64bit computer with 4gb ram service pack 1 and a dualcore cpu, got java for both 32 AND 64 bit.

And the server and i are in the same house, so i can use the internal ip (192.168.178.61 with the port 8888) and what do u mean by forwarding the portS in my config file? i only have ONE port there, my 8888

[​IMG]

24. Offline

ToastyStoemp

Not everyone has it working, And I didn't change that much only the code for the ".bat"file

ToastyStoemp

25. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

Not sure why you want so much recognition if it's just a batch file change. If you're talking about the Java file path for 64 bit users, it's because they didn't install the 64 bit version of Java. That can be easily remieded by the following IF commands:
    Code:
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="64" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar "MC_AudioClient.jar" YourMinecraftName
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="86" java -jar "MC_AudioClient.jar" YourMinecraftName
    However, if it's something else, then I'd like to see... maybe you added Java arguements?

P.S. It's working fine for me -- it would also help if you could mention what Java errors you fixed...

Show Spoiler

Does your .bat file have "/upload" after your Minecraft user name? If this is because you want it to immediately upload the songs when you log in, you do not need this because it already does this. This appears to be the problem.

As for the other ports for forwarding, I'm not sure, but these ports are 4225-4227. I can only assume that they are for uploading, downloading, and checking the amount of songs needed? I'm not sure...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  26. Offline

ToastyStoemp

I'll just send it to you and do what ever you want to do with it =D <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  27. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  28. Offline

ToastyStoemp

Well this is the version i send to the players on my server that's why the music folder is there.
    I can not send .bat files cause i read somewhere that's illegal.
    My first language isn't English and that's why there so many typo's.
    1 Gb is indeed a lot i didn't think of that actually thanks for noticing.
    And i don't know if they have to port forward i just putted it in to make sure.

I'll check your setup package =D

ToastyStoemp

29. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

The Music folder is automatically created when they input their Minecraft name. I don't think it's illegal to send .bat files, after all, there's a bat file included in the zip file here. And in installers. However, .bat files can be used for evil as well, which is why some file hosters and antivirus software may alert the user... although I have yet to see one do that.

Also, I can send you the batch files directly, if you'd like, to save you time in attempting to decompile the installation. (Although if you install it, all the files can be found in the installation directory.)

30. Offline

ToastyStoemp

yhea would come in handy

ToastyStoemp

31. Every time I try to make a box it tells me I have no music in the directory. But I do. Whenever I start the Audio Client.sh it also gives me errors
    AudioClient initialized!
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
    Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at de.WegFetZ.AudioClient.otherFuncs.sendSongList(otherFuncs.java:103)
    at de.WegFetZ.AudioClient.otherFuncs.upload(otherFuncs.java:16)
    at de.WegFetZ.AudioClient.Client.main(Client.java:111)
    ... 5 more

Does anyone know how to fix this?