[FUN] ServerGoblins 0.3.1 - They just want to help [935]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Pandarr, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Pandarr

ServerGoblins - They mean well!
    Version: v0.3.1

ServerGoblins is a plugin that assigns an invisible goblin to each user on your server. The goblin does its best to try to help their master but sometimes they aren't the brightest. For more information, please refer to the Wiki.

Currently the goblin may find some money a player has dropped and return it to them or surprise the player by picking up some of those torches the player recently placed down that long dark tunnel.

If you have any suggestions for things the goblins might be able to do I can see about implementing them. Generally you want them to not be super annoying to your users.

Features:
    • Assigns a well meaning goblin to each user.
    • Supports iConomy 4 & 5, BOSEconomy, and Essentials Economy.
    • Supports Permissions 3 (should work on 2 but unsupported).
    • Fully localized. If you can translate it to another language, I can support it.
    Download plugin
    View Wiki (Configuration and Permissions information!)
    View Source

Todo:
    These are estimates and always subject to change.
    Milestone list
    • 0.4.0 - On hold until after 1.7 compatible Bukkit is released.
    Changelog: Please refer to the Wiki for questions!
    Version 0.3.1
    • Updated Register due to new RB.
    Version 0.3.0
    • Fixed an issue with people appearing to have multiple goblins. (Thanks @Joy !)
    • Added two new events, StackFiller and DirtRemover.
    History (open)

Version 0.2.1
    • Hopefully fixed NPE issue with ToolRepairer.
    • Added debug message for NPE issue when retrieving goblin name.
    Version 0.2.0
    • Added two new events, OreFinder and ToolRepairer.
    Version 0.1.3
    • Added new Permissions node, servergoblins.enabled, to enable goblin creation to fix NPE issue.
    Version 0.1.2
    • Fixed issue with config being overwritten.
    • Players will no longer receive goblin greetings if they have no access to events.
    Version 0.1.1
    • Added Money Thief event. Opposite of Money Finder.
    • Added admin node. Can see what event a user is on if any.
    Version 0.1.0
    • Initial version.
    • Basic functionality, meant in part for feedback and more ideas.
    • Money Finder and Torch Thief implemented.

kahlilnc, Xaostica, Lauless and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

compgurusteve

Goblin Sense: finds all ore around a player while they're mining in a small radius, also finds lava! But unknownst to the player what the mineral may be.

I'll try to think of more as time goes on, but. Haven't had the time to install in my server yet, but am defiantly going to %1000. quick question though, you can set money=gold ingot right?

3. Offline

Pandarr

No you cannot. I don't have plans to support non-economy plugin currencies at the moment.

4. Offline

compgurusteve

lol...how about user configurable drops?

5. Offline

Pandarr

I could make a "present" event where you could configure what the goblin would give the player as a gift. That may be able to fulfill this need.

If you tell me what you are trying to get accomplished, I can see what event might work with it.

6. Offline

mrgreaper

if the stuff the goblin accidently makes vanish, items from chests inventory, out of the players hands (and iconomey funds) all went into a database tagged with original owner. Then when the player recieves a gift it could be from that pool of objects and the server announces "mrgreaper just recieved a diamond, it looks suspiciously like the one Pandarr lost"

that could be fun :)

7. Offline

riuthamus

Thanks for BOSEcon Support, and epic idea man... if only you could actually make a goblin! Notch needs to add mod support soon so we can have custom models.

8. Offline

compgurusteve

Actually, that's pretty much what I was looking for. Configurable presents really, I wanted something where the players would receive like a diamond or gold ore or something valuable at random intervals, and picks at random from a list of the server owners favorite itemIDs. If there was a bad side to this, the server owner could put something like a log or cobblestone or dirt in the list.

9. Offline

Pandarr

I just updated the plugin to 0.2.0. It has two more events.

1. OreFinder - Goblin scans around the player and let's the user know if they see certain ores.
    2. ToolRepairer - Goblin chooses a random tool from the players inventory and repairs it to full.

For configuration and permissions information, please see the Wiki.

My current plan is to add 2 new events per week for a while. The only updates I will make midweek would be any bug fixes.

10. Sweet update, I assume those events are nice and rare as they should be :D

11. Offline

Pandarr

All events have the same chance of being picked. I'm lazy in that department... :p

12. Offline

ClonedInsanity

Very nice plugin, the update has earned it a spot on my server =D

13. Had this on a /reload

Code:
    17:19:29 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    17:19:29 [SEVERE]       at com.pandarr.servergoblins.db.QueryCentral.getGoblinName(QueryCentral.java:22)
    17:19:29 [SEVERE]       at com.pandarr.servergoblins.ServerGoblins.getUserGoblin(ServerGoblins.java:191)
    17:19:29 [SEVERE]       at com.pandarr.servergoblins.task.GoblinEventManager.run(GoblinEventManager.java:61)
    17:19:29 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    17:19:29 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

14. Offline

mrgreaper

we just added it seems good so far :)

one favour can you add a command "/goblin shoo" that sends the goblin away for an hour?

would need to be a command as some plugins add a disable permission, which to us admins is really annoying lol

15. Had to remove and reload, mass error spam suddenly:

Code:
    7:53:04 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_BREAK to ServerGoblins
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at java.util.Collections.shuffle(Collections.java:497)
            at java.util.Collections.shuffle(Collections.java:469)
            at com.pandarr.servergoblins.goblinevent.ToolRepairer.doAction(ToolRepairer.java:83)
            at com.pandarr.servergoblins.task.GoblinEventManager.useEvent(GoblinEventManager.java:85)
            at com.pandarr.servergoblins.listener.SGBlockListener.onBlockBreak(SGBlockListener.java:25)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$35.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:482)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.c(ItemInWorldManager.java:160)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:122)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:458)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:223)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

16. Offline

mrgreaper

so far our goblins have repaired one persons diamond pick axe and returned another persons torchs

players are loving it :)

please keep a good balance of good and bad things it makes them very fun, aslo can you make it so when a goblin does something it says in global "mrgreapers goblin, pilmark just "helped" "

17. Offline

Pandarr

Thanks for the reports. I'll look into them. This is why I'm only adding a few events at a time.

This error seems to imply that you have no allowed tools to be repaired. Can you look in the yml file and verify? It should have something like this:

Code:
        toolrepairer:
            allowedtools:
    It may be an issue with reload though.

The other error regarding the goblin name... I'll look into it. I may add a debug statement to that for a version or two so it will tell you whose goblin it can't find. That might help diagnose.

18. I have your default config regarding tools.

19. Offline

mrgreaper

are the goblin names important as i know a player has the same goblin as me, pilmark(i think that the name)

20. Offline

Pandarr

I'll take a peek. In the mean time, if you disable that event then nobody will be assigned it and it won't add to console spam. Hopefully somebody else is having the same issue. The code assigns those defaults if none exist in the YML. So there's no reason those should ever be null.

Nope. They just random. I have a list of prefix and suffix parts and it just randomly chooses two.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  21. Offline

compgurusteve

My first server goblins name is Clumfel. :confused: sounds a little dirty....

22. Offline

mrgreaper

ah cool,
    we have one player who im convinced has a lazy goblin, its done nothing so far lol

23. Offline

Pandarr

Actually... you know what... that's a good idea in a sense. I'm going to add an event that just has the goblin say something but not do anything.

How is that dirty?!

24. Offline

mrgreaper

ah a bit more personality to the goblins... love it :)

"mrgreaper it apears some of your grain is missing"
    10 minutes later
    "mrgreaper you can smell ale from inside your back pack"
    10 minutes later
    "massster i think im *hic* drunk *hic* i wouldnt open that chest"

oh and the player has played pretty solidly all night and still hasnt had a goblin event....thats one very lazy goblin

not had one take or give any iconomey currency yet

25. Offline

Pandarr

Does the user have access to all the events? Or just a subset?

26. Offline

mrgreaper

we use permissions 3

registered users and above have
    - servergoblins.enabled
    - servergoblins.event.*
    so far we have seen the ore finding event, the repair event and the torch event

27. Offline

Pandarr

Must've had a string of bad luck. Currently it pokes all the goblins every 10 minutes. You then have a 1 in 5 chance of getting an event assigned to you. If you're not on when it checks, then it won't recheck you until the next 10 minute check. Also if you do have an event assigned to you but you don't hit the criteria (don't place any torches but are assigned torch event) you're "stuck" in that event until you log off or place torches. You can check if he has an event assigned by typing /goblin <playername> providing you have permission to do so.

28. Offline

mrgreaper

i did access the console perediocly to see what events the players had witnessed and to check up on any errors (none seen so far) and i issued /goblin playername on each player, always no event, but given that multiple players have had events im thinking he is just VERY unlucky (as is the goblin as the player states if he gets his hands on him he is throwing it in the nearest nether portal :) )

29. Offline

Pandarr

Alright it's updated to 0.2.1.

I couldn't replicate the NPE issue with ToolRepairer. I did change some code around though that I think might fix it. Here's to hoping. If that doesn't work then I'll put more effort into replicating it.

With the goblin name throwing an error, I put in a debug line that should now tell us which player is causing the error. That might help us track down why it's happening (permissions or something). It will only output the debug message if the error is thrown.

30. Offline

compgurusteve

idk....I don't have the cleanliest of minds at times. when I hear 'clum' I think 'c*m' so 'clumfel' becomes 'c*mf*l'

lmao...feel free to remove this post at anytime....

31. On 0.2.1:

Code:
    09:55:52 [INFO] Attempt to find goblin for "shagzy" failed.
    09:55:52 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    09:55:52 [SEVERE]       at com.pandarr.servergoblins.db.QueryCentral.getGoblinName(QueryCentral.java:26)
    09:55:52 [SEVERE]       at com.pandarr.servergoblins.ServerGoblins.getUserGoblin(ServerGoblins.java:195)
    09:55:52 [SEVERE]       at com.pandarr.servergoblins.task.GoblinEventManager.run(GoblinEventManager.java:61)
    09:55:52 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    09:55:52 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)